Team survivor

Alec{zacool}

Team survivor?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Team survivor?

• Yes, put it in.
    • Nah, I don't want it in.
    • I don't really care.

Hey, I'm newish, so please don't yell at me too much, I don't know most of the rules yet, so please be tolerant of my stupidity.

Anyways, Team survivor in OJP? Why not? It would be awesome!

Well, you could have survivor aswell, I don't really know, but anyways, how about it? I heard something similar in another thread.

I mean, it would be relatively easy wouldn't it? I'm no JK:A modder so I wouldn't have a clue, but can't you use "Power duel" as a base or something?

Well, got to go and play some awesome OJP,

-Alec

The reason I posted this, Is because I love Movie Battles 2, and I love to have bots in games, and after I discovered OJP, I was like, "WOW! I will be able to get bots in MB2 If I try!" But, Unfortunately, I didn't have much success.

I like to "Mod" JK:A, by taking specific stuff out of mods, and sticking them into other ones, and my most recent project is, getting bots in MB2, but as I said before, I haven't had much luck.

I was wondering, what part of the OJP_stuff.pk3 has the bots and all that?

I've tried copying the whole thing over, no change, I just want some help.

The bots in MB2 are THERE, it's just that they never join the game, they sit in "DEAD" mode.

Some help?

Thank you,

-Alec

I was doing the same thing.... but i used FM mod bots instead of OJP tabbots. They have better intelllgence regarding what weapon to use. In my opinion if tabbots hadnt got sabers they'd go melee in MB2. And imagine the way they'd maneuver if they do get a saber. 10:1 sidewhacked in first 5 seconds. They are built to fight OJP way, not MB2, which is just swing, block, swing, block, slap, circle around, whacked, die, trash talk, etc. FM bots would be better. At least they will be circling the enemy around in running mode. Might last more than 10 seconds. From there, modifiy slowly the behavior. The biggest difficulty? Maually pinpointing navpoints for the bots for each map.. holy crap.

I was doing the same thing.... but i used FM mod bots instead of OJP tabbots. They have better intelllgence regarding what weapon to use. In my opinion if tabbots hadnt got sabers they'd go melee in MB2. And imagine the way they'd maneuver if they do get a saber. 10:1 sidewhacked in first 5 seconds. They are built to fight OJP way, not MB2, which is just swing, block, swing, block, slap, circle around, whacked, die, trash talk, etc. FM bots would be better. At least they will be circling the enemy around in running mode. Might last more than 10 seconds. From there, modifiy slowly the behavior. The biggest difficulty? Maually pinpointing navpoints for the bots for each map.. holy crap.

Meh, I did this for Geonosis1a by P!ing, http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Battle_of_Geonosis_Siege;53603 , It was easy, just takes time, thats all.

So, you're saying that you've added Force mod bots into it? How?

EDIT: Oh OK, you were TRYING to do it, I see.

EDIT 2: A suggestion

How about having some "Team equipper"? Like being able to equip your men the same way as selecting your own? I think that would own so hard!

-Alec

might be that you can just make different bots that has different presets. I dont think its possible to equip your bots ingame. I hadnt tried the presets yet, but i know it is possible, because force mod has already done it. Different classes have different weapons. In MB2, just make many varieties, like for example, one jedi goes anti gunner with push, speed, and deflect, while another jedi gets preset of defense, attack, and force block to fight sith. Then name the bots like 'anti-gunner jedi' and 'duel jedi'.

might be that you can just make different bots that has different presets. I dont think its possible to equip your bots ingame. I hadnt tried the presets yet, but i know it is possible, because force mod has already done it. Different classes have different weapons. In MB2, just make many varieties, like for example, one jedi goes anti gunner with push, speed, and deflect, while another jedi gets preset of defense, attack, and force block to fight sith. Then name the bots like 'anti-gunner jedi' and 'duel jedi'.

Good idea,

And have the duel Jedi walk when they get to a person.

Very good, very good.

-Alec

Archived