Home

Can Hanharr be trained as a jedi?

Spawnof theSith

IIRC, Team Exile has stated that they will restore/recreate the option to turn Hanharr into a dark jedi. I think one of the members said so here or on a related board. Team Exile please confirm, if any of you read this.

http://www.team-exile.us/

Ow, I didn't knew that. Obsidian would make Canderous a Jedi too if they could. And the droids as well. All your party seem conveniently formed by Force-sensitives.

Ow, I didn't knew that. Obsidian would make Canderous a Jedi too if they could. And the droids as well. All your party seem conveniently formed by Force-sensitives.

All but those, at least according to what Obsidian was planning.

It makes sense, though. Due to the exile's special powers regarding force bonds, he attracts potential force sensitives and basically "ties" them to himself without realising it himself anymore than they do. So they all follow him.

Not Canderous, HK-47 and T3-M4, however. Oh, and G0-T0. They are not force sensitive and follow because of their mutual connections to Revan.

Besides, wookiee jedi are well established:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lowbacca

Lucas nixed the idea of Hanharr being a dark jedi, however, and that's seems to be the only reason he cannot become one in the game.

Actually, that was the dialog that I made for Team Exile; But, I never released it on my site to which you linked. Also, the mod you read about it was from the recent, but pulled, Team Exile release on FileFront. (So, they were one & the same to begin with...)

The answer, therefore, is that it is possible.

This mod has been released officially. Release thread

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

As others said, looks like they were going there in the cut content. Thank goodness they quashed the bit on Canderous. As much fun as Redhawke's Canderous-Sith mod was for that one game, I REALLY would never want to go there on that character, as the Mando'a are shaping up to be The Third Option in the GFFA.

Yes, I know Karen Traviss is Canderous in drag, but I still like what she's done with the Mandalorians, especially since the whole binary of "Jedi/Republic or Sith" can sometimes get annoying, especially for the multitude who aren't midichlorine mutants. Giving what was previously depicted as little more than bloodthirsty thugs an actual culture and language also helps.

Yes, I know Karen Traviss is Canderous in drag, but I still like what she's done with the Mandalorians, especially since the whole binary of "Jedi/Republic or Sith" can sometimes get annoying, especially for the multitude who aren't midichlorine mutants.

I consider Karen Traviss' meddling to be among the worst things that ever happened to the Star Wars canon, rivaled only by the EU's invalidation of Anakin Skywalker's supposed destruction of the Sith, and a few other things I could mention. Her blatant disregard for previously established continuity and overall failure to make good stories (putting the production of a good story far behind pushing her opinions on the priority scale) earns my disgust, and your praise of her compels me to wretch.

Giving what was previously depicted as little more than bloodthirsty thugs an actual culture and language also helps.

How, exactly, does this make them anything other than the bloodthirsty thugs that they were from the beginning?

I REALLY would never want to go there on that character, as the Mando'a are shaping up to be The Third Option in the GFFA.

The Mandalorians are the "third option between the dark side of the Force and the light"? I'm sure that's what people think when they hear the name of the franchise... "Star Wars: Jedi. Sith. Mandalorians." How about no?

I consider Karen Traviss' meddling to be among the worst things that ever happened to the Star Wars canon, rivaled only by the EU's invalidation of Anakin Skywalker's supposed destruction of the Sith, and a few other things I could mention.

To be fair though, alot of the EU was made before Episdoe 1, which was before the Prophecy was introduced. I am so glad Traviss quit writing, even if it was for purely selfish reasons.

Archived