Home

Lucasforum mods' hypocrisy proven!

Jediphile

Much as I disagree with him, I can well understand Sephira's position.

Because the mods on these boards ARE hypocrites!

Twice now, I've posted to this topic since yesterday. And twice now my posts have been deleted.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183256&page=3&pp=40

Now, I'll accept it the first time to some degree, since I (1) did not add to the discussion and (2) forgot to include a smiley as a carte blache to say whatever I please.

The reason behind this a post that Rogue Nine posted in the discussion of the Bioware/LA partnership in response to a heated debate between lukeiamyourdad and myself.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2386790&postcount=221

I both reported the post and PM'ed several mods/admins on it, since I found the comment about "nerd rage" to be inflamatory and condescending content.

However, as you can see, the post is still there, as the mods/admins told me that the smiley made it acceptable, while I maintained that it didn't matter, because the content of the post is flamebait whether a smiley appears or not. YMMV.

However, when I quote Rogue Nine for saying: "The amount of nerd rage in this thread is so thick. xD" in a different topic and then agree with it, after Rogue Nine's own heated debate with Sephira, my posts are simply deleted without comment. And while I accept it the first time for the reasons stated above, I do not the second, since (1) I did include a smiley and (2) I did make several comments that speak to the topic and are to the point.

Yet my post is still deleted. And sadly, I cannot say that I'm surprised.

The only good thing about is, that we now have proof positive of the hypocricy, double standards and bigotry of the mods/admins on these boards!!!

And so we have a class-based board with one set of rules for the mods/admins, and another for everyone else.

QED!

Now, the mods have the choice to either accept this and do something about it or else to ban me from these boards, thus proving my point. They have that choice, because I will allow none other and continue to repost this message to as many mods/admins and relevant topics as I feel is reasonable until something happens.

So if you read this and find that I stop posting, you will know what option they chose...

HYPOCRISY, THY NAME IS LUCASFORUMS MODS! :mad:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your input.

You are welcome on LF so long as you follow Forum rules. If you don't feel you can comply with those rules, you probably shouldn't post. Trying to "force" us to comply with your vision of how things should be done by making threats of spamming threads with this is inappropriate. We discuss things in the moderator forum to come up with a consensus on how to handle difficult situations, and that doesn't always go the way an individual would like it to go. I assure you that your situations have engendered a great deal of discussion, and this situation will not be an exception.

Yet my post is still deleted. And sadly, I cannot say that I'm surprised.

The post was deleted to try reduce the amount of inflammatory posts in that thread. This feedback forum is where those types of posts should be placed.

Now, the mods have the choice to either accept [their hypocrisy] and do something about it

What exactly did you have in mind jediphile? What constitutes "doing something about it" to you?

As Jae mentioned we have had a number of private discussions about the matter. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a monolithic entity with one mind, but we do try to come to common ground in line with expectations laid out in the forum rules and guidelines. The reason we do this is to try to keep the peace in a consistent manner. One of the checks we have is this feedback forum where you and others are welcomed to critique us.

I will allow none other and continue to repost this message to as many mods/admins and relevant topics as I feel is reasonable until something happens.

This on the other hand, is exactly the wrong type of behavior. If you choose to engage in this activity, we will take appropriate action in line with the rules. As Jae intimated, you have been Warned.

It's not our fault you're overly sensitive to something that is not an attack.

Just inflamatory, eh?

And of course it's an attack. I will not be goated into letting you sidetrack the issue here by being angry, however.

This is not about being overly sensitive, so please stop trying to obscure the issue. If you dont' want to dicuss this, then you should probably take Jae's advice and not post.

This is about doing what Rogue Nine did and being deleted for it while he was not. Hence: Hypocrisy and double standard.

It's interesting that three of you have now posted to this topic without denying that.

The post was deleted to try reduce the amount of inflammatory posts in that thread. This feedback forum is where those types of posts should be placed.

What exactly did you have in mind jediphile? What constitutes "doing something about it" to you?

I expect the same rules to apply to me that apply to Rogue Nine when it comes to posting. The topic where he mentioned "nerd rage" was at least as inflamatory as the one I'm deleted from if not more so. Thus I find it difficult to accept that my posts are deleted, while his was not.

As Jae mentioned we have had a number of private discussions about the matter. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a monolithic entity with one mind, but we do try to come to common ground in line with expectations laid out in the forum rules and guidelines. The reason we do this is to try to keep the peace in a consistent manner. One of the checks we have is this feedback forum where you and others are welcomed to critique us.

This on the other hand, is exactly the wrong type of behavior. If you choose to engage in this activity, we will take appropriate action in line with the rules. As Jae intimated, you have been Warned.

Given the horrid standard of moderating I've experienced on these boards, I'm beyond the point where I care whether I'm banned or not. I've long since lost my trust in the mods on these fora for the reasons stated above and numerous times before.

That you resort to simply deleting my posts without even discussing the matter with me is simply below criticism, when I all I did was to do exactly what Rogue Nine did.

Heck, I didn't even do that, I just quoted him and then did not disagree with him.

In that, you are - of course - trapped by your own arguments of the past. After all, since Rogue Nine's comment was never deleted despite being reported as inflamatory several times, you can hardly fault me for doing the same or, as is the case here, less. So whether it's inflamatory or not is, at this point, quite moot, as you've already accepted posts like that, given that you allowed Niner's to stand despite being made aware of its inflamatory nature. And I take the fact that my posts were promptly deleted as confirmation of that fact. That was you people deleting my posts for inflamatory content, certainly not me. So it's impossible now to back up and say that Niner's post was not inflamatory. Either he was wrong, or you were wrong to delete my posts. It's really that black and white... QED.

Want to avoid stuff like this from me in the future?

1. Ban me from these boards. If you do, I'll naturally stop posting, and people will know what hypocritical bigots you people are.

2. Stop deleting my posts when I do not violate the guidelines you have yourself put down by example.

What's the point in denying this? That's like denying the existence of an all mighty llama, yeah it's not true but people should already know this.

I don't know what you're talking about, but clearly you have some irrational frustrations that cannot be resolved.

PS:Saying there are vast amounts of nerd rage is not inflammatory. It's a statement, one I see as being made in humor. If you don't have a sense of one, not our fault.

I don't know what you're talking about, but clearly you have some irrational frustrations that cannot be resolved.

Forgive my lack of humor, but are you being humorous here?

Because it seems difficult to me to see it as anything else, when you first admit to not understanding what I'm talking about, but then still feel confident to proceed to conclude that I have irritational frustrations that cannot be resolved. I don't understand how you can conclude that, when you admit to not understanding what I'm talking about.

PS:Saying there are vast amounts of nerd rage is not inflammatory. It's a statement, one I see as being made in humor. If you don't have a sense of one, not our fault.

If it's simply humorous, then why can't I say it too?

You quoted Niner from a completely different thread in order to make your point and IMO to add to the flames. The post was off-topic and not constructive and therefore deleted. We do not have to ask your permission for this as it is clearly stated in the rules under spamming (5a).

The proper course of action is to use this forum for such feedback.

You quoted Niner from a completely different thread in order to make your point and IMO to add to the flames. The post was off-topic and not constructive and therefore deleted. We do not have to ask your permission for this as it is clearly stated in the rules under spamming (5a).

Wrong. The first post, perhaps, but the second was definitely on-topic, as I made several remarks Revan's power vs. Sidious'. Now, I cannot show you that, since you people deleted it, but if you find it, you'll see that was so.

Therefore the rule on spamming does not apply. If it did, then it applied just as much to Niner's post as it did to mine. Either we were both right, or we were both wrong. Yet my post was deleted while his was not.

Hence: Double standard. QED.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I merely quoted Niner. Thus I did nothing to change it.

No you didn't changed the quote but the intent was completely different. I don't think your post was inflammatory for its content (everyone here is a nerd to some extent and several threads are affectecd by "nerd rage") but rather by the context. It is clear to me that it was made with the very specific intent of stirring up some s*** and get a chance to victimize yourself in public. This is exactly what you wanted when you made that post. Don't try to play innocent here. I had enough of that little game. Edit: To clarify, I am not only referring to the case at hand but to a whole situation that has existed since a while. Moreover, every time you are not happy with something, you do not hesitate to call us all sorts of names in your PMs (and as also appears from your post below), sometimes even before getting an answer and that, even if the moderators try to politely explain the situation to you.

As for the original post, we can't be in everyone's minds and delete all remarks that could be subjectively considered offensive by a reader as everything is potentially offensive to some degree. You are the only one who interpreted the post as offensive (other non mod members though it wasn't offensive either). Some people find the religion threads offensive but we won't start closing all the religion threads for that! It's the same principle. "Nerd" is regularly used towards others on the boards and it is hardly an insult when every user here is a "nerd" to some degree.

Because, humor rule #7: Never kill the joke.

Can't say better than that.

No you didn't changed the quote but the intent was completely different. I don't think your post was inflammatory for its content (everyone here is a nerd to some extent and several threads are affectecd by "nerd rage") but rather by the context. It is clear to me that it was made with the very specific intent of stirring up some s*** and get a chance to victimize yourself in public. This is exactly what you wanted when you made that post. Don't try to play innocent here. I have enough of that little game.

I do not try to play innocent, but the fact remains that I posted a comment just like Niner's and made on-topic comments just like him. Yet his post was permitted, while mine was deleted.

Why? How is that reasonable? How is my post against the rules when - as you say yourself - it was not inflamatory for its content? What, I'm not allowed to quote Niner and then agree with him?!?

As for the intent, he posted it to a heated debate where he felt it was appropriate. I did not agree, but the mods did, so I have little choice but to accept it. But when I then do the same to a similarly heated debate, my posts are deleted.

The little game I have had enough of is your attempt here to infer that my post was made in a heated debate where it was problematic, while Niner's was not. That is not true. The discussion between lukeiamyourdad and myself had certainly reached a point where several mods had stated that we should cool down. Was Niner's comment okay in that context? If so, then I fail to see how mine was any different.

True, it was against my better judgment in that I objected to Niner's post in the past. But I don't make the rules, and I merely followed the guidelines that you yourself set down by example, when you said Niner's post was okay. Apparently that was fair enough. Until I do it, that is. Hence we have bigotry, double standards and hypocrisy. QED.

If you're going to set down the rules like that, then isn't it fair that they apply equally to everyone? I don't agree that Niner's comment was okay, but then I'm not a moderator, and I don't make the rules. If that's the board you want, then fine, but I and every other poster must then be judged by the same rules. By allowing Niner's post and deleting mine, you are effectively judging him by a different standard than me. That's hypocrisy of the highest order. Why should any poster here tolerate that?

As for the original post, we can't be in everyone's minds and delete all remarks that could be subjectively considered offensive by a reader as everything is potentially offensive to some degree. You are the only one who interpreted the post as offensive. Some people find the religion threads offensive but we won't start closing all the religion threads for that! It's the same principle. "Nerd" is regularly used towards others on the boards and it is hardly an insult when every user here is a "nerd" to some degree.

Then why can't I repeat that?

Honestly, I find your blatant attempts to villify me rather than deal with the issue in extremely poor taste.

Sure, it's easier and certainly far more convenient to villify me than it is to resolve the matter. After all, you can just ban me and thereby dodge taking the fight among the moderators, but it doesn't change the fact that something stinks here.

My comment was made in exactly the same spirit and context that Niner's was. If you think that's a problem, then okay, but then apply the same standard to Niner, please. Your attempt to rather villify me is frankly below board. Sadly I cannot claim surprise. It's what I've come to expect here.

But it's okay, if you want that. If you insist on continuing the police-state, then at least have the decency to say so that I might seek political asylum elsewhere.

All right folks, before this thread completely degenerates out of control, remember that the forum rules apply to this thread as they do others. Name-calling (hypocrites, wolves, etc.) is flaming, so don't name-call, and keep the sarcasm under control. Either post according to the rules, don't post, or experience the consequences of posting in a way that breaks the rules.

I have to agree to an extent.

My...*Cough* Brother *Cough* had quite a tango with the Moderators on this forum awhile back. He was bant for it. (RedHawke and Darth333 ^-^) He wasn't exaclty in the wrong either. Infact, he went straight to the head Mod and talked with him. ;)

But I have to disagree to an extent aswell. Sephira for example...

Darn yoU LS. Why aren't you on when i need your wisdom.

I'm in a debate on the LucasForms KOTOR Forum and this guy is telling me KOTOR Jedi > PT Jedi. He's a total moron but I need the interview in which GL says this about the Jedi.

If anyone has it, thanks a bunch.

Give me the link and i will literally tear that guy to ****s. I HATE kotor fanboys.

When ever you have problems with debates out of these forums just post us the links. We will handle it from here and if im not wrong lucas said the prime of the jedi thing in the TPM commentary

yeah post the link, i would like to see this.

Ok my username there is sephira. I am so going to enjoy ripping them apart. Support is welcomed. Darth sexy and Lightsnake, we need you too.

Sephira was merley on this forum to argue Palpatine being the stongest. That was his only reason for being here. Insitgation.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-461407-pt-prime-of-the-jedi.html

Thats the link to the KMC forum page were Nikkolas (Who was also bant from this forum...I think...) is rallying his little Palpatine fan-club to come over here and piss everyone off.

People like that deserve to be bant, IMHO. They wern't here because they were KOTOR fans. They were here because they wanted to come onto a KOTOR based fan forum and tell us that they didn't care what we thought, and that their idea was gods word. Thats why after my second post in the "Just how Powerful Was Revan" thread, I stopped posting there. Because I would have just been adding wood to the fire.

I do not try to play innocent, but the fact remains that I posted a comment just like Niner's and made on-topic comments just like him. Yet his post was permitted, while mine was deleted.

You initially posted a quotation of my post with no 'on-topic' commentary. This shows clear intent to spam and taunt, especially since you had an identical previous comment deleted that you were very well aware of. It was on that basis your second comment was deleted. You just edited in the on-topic material to cover your ass, when it was clear from the get-go that your intent was to spam and taunt. It was during the deletion process that you edited your posted (I am not responsible for the deletion, by the by).

As for the intent, he posted it to a heated debate where he felt it was appropriate. I did not agree, but the mods did, so I have little choice but to accept it.

For the record, you were the only person to take offense to my comment. LIAYD did not take offense to it at all, despite him obviously being referenced as a 'nerd', because he took it for what it was supposed to be: a joke.

But when I then do the same to a similarly heated debate, my posts are deleted.

You posted it in a completely different thread, for the express purpose of stirring up trouble. That is why your posts were deleted.

The little game I have had enough of is your attempt here to infer that my post was made in a heated debate where it was problematic, while Niner's was not. That is not true. The discussion between lukeiamyourdad and myself had certainly reached a point where several mods had stated that we should cool down. Was Niner's comment okay in that context? If so, then I fail to see how mine was any different.

See above.

By allowing Niner's post and deleting mine, you are effectively judging him by a different standard than me. That's hypocrisy of the highest order. Why should any poster here tolerate that?

Again, you posted that with specific intent to cause trouble. That is why it is not tolerated.

Then why can't I repeat that?

See above.

Honestly, I find your blatant attempts to villify me rather than deal with the issue in extremely poor taste.

You've done a far better job of villifying yourself than we could ever do.

Sure, it's easier and certainly far more convenient to villify me than it is to resolve the matter. After all, you can just ban me and thereby dodge taking the fight among the moderators, but it doesn't change the fact that something stinks here.

Whoever smelt it dealt it.*

My comment was made in exactly the same spirit and context that Niner's was.

No it was not. See above.

But it's okay, if you want that. If you insist on continuing the police-state, then at least have the decency to say so that I might seek political asylum elsewhere.

You are free to leave at any time. No one is keeping you here.

*This is a joke, it is meant to cause mirth. FYI.

You initially posted a quotation of my post with no 'on-topic' commentary. This shows clear intent to spam and taunt, especially since you had an identical previous comment deleted that you were very well aware of. It was on that basis your second comment was deleted. You just edited in the on-topic material to cover your ass, when it was clear from the get-go that your intent was to spam and taunt. It was during the deletion process that you edited your posted (I am not responsible for the deletion, by the by).

I did not edit it. I posted a new post, where I did make on-topic comments. For example, Sephira concluded that Revan could never defeat Sidious because there were no circumstances that could allow it. I said that there are always circumstances in any fight, including shifting battlegrounds or - as happened - somebody betraying Sidious and stabbing him in the back.

Now, who are you to tell me that is not an appropriate on-topic comment to make?

If you answer that you're a moderator/administrator, then we're back to living in a caste-system on this forum, where the mods/admins are of a higher class than everyone else.

And even if you were right and I posted for the reasons you claim - and that is not an admission in my part - it still does not change the fact that I can make just the same claim about your "nerd rage" comment a while back. After all, I have no doubt that you also made that comment to condescend and then added - to use your own words - "some on-topic material to cover your ass". Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.

For the record, you were the only person to take offense to my comment. LIAYD did not take offense to it at all, despite him obviously being referenced as a 'nerd', because he took it for what it was supposed to be: a joke.

So what does that mean? Does it mean that if I call you a D***head and can convince everyone else to accept that it is then okay to call you that?

I shouldn't think so.

But let me put it this way, looking back at it now and seeing what your comment caused, do you now feel that you helped or hindered the problems you saw back then? Does your answer make you part of the solution or part of the problem? Which would you rather be?

If I had felt the matter had been taken seriously back then rather being rediculed for being too sensitive, there would have been no problem now. Apparently I'm not the only sensitive person here, given that it is so problematic that I dared to quote something you said...

And naturally it will become increasingly difficult to see your "nerd rage" comment as the innocent joke you claim to be the more you and the other moderators protest now.

You posted it in a completely different thread, for the express purpose of stirring up trouble. That is why your posts were deleted.

That's your interpretation, not a fact. Besides, even if you were right, does that mean that my "on-topic material to cover my ass" must also be deleted? You admit that was on-topic. But it's still deleted, and you accept that. Even if you think I was trying to stir up trouble with the quote, that's a problem, especially for you as a mod, since you must set the example. Do you think you're off to a good start here?

And no, I did not post it to stir up trouble. I deny that completely. I did it to prove a point. It's too bad that you all took it hook, line and sinker rather than actually talk to me about it. But as I said, it's what I've come to expect. Mods here seem to like throwing their authority around rather than actually trying to solve the problems. That this matter was blatantly ignored in the first is the reason this topic now exists, so it would befit the mods not to claim innocence themselves.

Whoever smelt it dealt it.*

Methinks thou doth protest too strongly.

Furem fur cognoscit et lupum lupus.

EDIT:

You are free to leave at any time. No one is keeping you here.

Does that mean you admit to the police-state? If so, you have but to say it, and I shall must assuredly remove my sorry self from your illustrious presence.

I did not edit it. I posted a new post, where I did make on-topic comments. For example, Sephira concluded that Revan could never defeat Sidious because there were no circumstances that could allow it. I said that there are always circumstances in any fight, including shifting battlegrounds or - as happened - somebody betraying Sidious and stabbing him in the back.

Wrong. You did edit it, and I have the logs to prove it. Please do not deny this and insult my intelligence.

And even if you were right and I posted for the reasons you claim - and that is not an admission in my part - it still does not change the fact that I can make just the same claim about your "nerd rage" comment a while back.

You can make all the claims you want. That does not mean that they are correct.

After all, I have no doubt that you also made that comment to condescend and then added - to use your own words - "some on-topic material to cover your ass". Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.

Again, I made that comment in jest. If you cannot accept that, I am sorry, but that does not change the circumstances and mindset in which I made that post. The biggest part of your argument is based on the completely false assumption that I made that comment to seriously condescend and flame you and LIAYD. This is simply not the case. I know you'll probably not accept this, but then again, you seem to put very little stock in what others say.

So what does that mean? Does it mean that if I call you a D***head and can convince everyone else to accept that it is then okay to call you that?

I shouldn't think so.

I fail to see how 'd***head' matches in vulgarity to 'nerd'. One is clearly an insult not allowed on our PG-13 boards no matter what the context; the other is a term that many people here have used in self-reference and in reference to others, with no offense taken.

But let me put it this way, looking back at it now and seeing what your comment caused, do you now feel that you helped or hindered the problems you saw back then? Does your answer make you part of the solution or part of the problem? Which would you rather be?

My comment caused you to make a pariah of yourself based on your wrong interpretation of my message. I am sorry that you chose to do so, but in the end it was your choice to make based on your interpretation and I take no responsibility for that.

Apparently I'm not the only sensitive person here, given that it is so problematic that I dared to quote something you said...

In a thread where the staff was dealing with a completely different user with the intent to stir up trouble. You had no place to do that.

And naturally it will become increasingly difficult to see your "nerd rage" comment as the innocent joke you claim to be the more you and the other moderators protest now.

Again, your problem, not ours.

That's your interpretation, not a fact.

Right back 'atcha.

Besides, even if you were right, does that mean that my "on-topic material to cover my ass" must also be deleted? You admit that was on-topic. But it's still deleted, and you accept that.

As I stated before, the deletion process was already in motion by the time you edited your post with the on-topic content. I saw it, but was not able to stop the moderator doing the deletion in time. The moderator also removed it completely, instead of 'soft' deleting it. If it had been 'soft deleted', I can assure you it would have been back up there, sans the taunting comments that had originally comprised that post. My apologies for your loss.

And no, I did not post it to stir up trouble. I deny that completely. I did it to prove a point.

If you want to prove a point, there is a PM system with which you could have PMed a staff member about it. Your aversion to them is not a reason you may use to justify posting it in the open.

It's too bad that you all took it hook, line and sinker rather than actually talk to me about it.

Is this an admission of baiting?

Furem fur cognoscit et lupum lupus.

Sorry, don't speak Latin.

EDIT:

Does that mean you admit to the police-state? If so, you have but to say it, and I shall must assuredly remove my sorry self from your illustrious presence.

This forum and its moderators do not promote a 'police-state'. I'm sorry if you interpret it as such, but just because you do, that does not make it so.

Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.
Jediphile its our job to interpret the rules and apply them when we think they are being broken.

That this matter was blatantly ignored in the first is the reason this topic now exists, so it would befit the mods not to claim innocence themselves.
It was never in issue in the first place to anyone except you. It is clear to everyone except you what the nerd rage comment was. You're making way too big of a deal out of this than it really is.

On a Forum, people discuss their opinons with eachother, and naturally disagree with one another.

When people disagree with eachother, they become angry at one another. Thats human nature. Thats why Wars break out between people, and people are killed, homes are destroyed. etc.

However, the creator of the forum naturally knows this. So he assigned Moderators to control the forum in a way where the anger people feel at eachother when they disagree is reducded.

A Moderators job is to Moderate.

"control: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"

That is their job. To "control anger", to "lessen the intensity" of it on the forums.

Here is where the flaw is however, Moderators are also human.

They also feel anger, they also have their own opinons, they also disagree with people, blah, blah, blah.

Thus numerous flaws are extended from their. Playing Favs, Power Trips, Mini Mods, Mod Rage, etc. I'm not going into detail.

Its no ones fault that Mod's have flaws. Its human nature. People are flawed, and therfore, so are Mods.

At that one point I have to say that in my opinon, Jediphile should accept that fact.

However, from Phile's point of view here, despite their flaws, it was their job to remove the Joke/Tease statments from a heated debate. Whether or not it was found offensive by them. It was apprent that Phile found it offensive. And not only that, but its apprent this isn't the first time that the Mods here have been in the wrong.

Everyones at a wrong from one window or another. But pointing fingers dosen't solve it.

What does solve it, however, is this.

my.php?image=rabbit20with20two20pancfg1.jpg

Wrong. You did edit it, and I have the logs to prove it. Please do not deny this and insult my intelligence.

No, you're wrong. I might have edited the post, because I usually type pretty fast and then edit to correct spelling mistakes. But there was a first post that was deleted completely, and a second that was also deleted completely. Don't insult my intelligence by claiming otherwise. Bring you proof. I have no fear of it, since it can only be rope to hang yourself with.

EDIT: Besides, the rules here give me little choice but to edit, since I'm not allowed to doublepost. If you started by acknowledging that I respect the rules in this regard instead of immediately using it as a pretense to clobber me over the head, maybe we could make some progress here.

You can make all the claims you want. That does not mean that they are correct.

My point exactly. Which means you also get to make no claims as to me intents. The door swings both ways.

Again, I made that comment in jest. If you cannot accept that, I am sorry, but that does not change the circumstances and mindset in which I made that post. The biggest part of your argument is based on the completely false assumption that I made that comment to seriously condescend and flame you and LIAYD. This is simply not the case. I know you'll probably not accept this, but then again, you seem to put very little stock in what others say.

Given my response, I should think I've have surely proven the opposite.

And why exactly must I accept this on your part if you refuse to accept it for me? You made it in jest. Fine. So did I, when I quoted it. Why can't YOU accept that? I ask for the same standard to be applied to both posts. Why is that unacceptable? They are very similar. Either they both violate the rules, or neither does.

I fail to see how 'd***head' matches in vulgarity to 'nerd'. One is clearly an insult not allowed on our PG-13 boards no matter what the context; the other is a term that many people here have used in self-reference and in reference to others, with no offense taken.

Sophistry. The point you inferred that "nerd rage" was acceptable because I was to take offense. Isn't that enough?

Or let me ask it this way: How many people must find a term objectionable, before you delete the post? 2? 5? 10? 50?

Should we take a vote every time?

Or is it just a matter of whatever the heck the mods happen to feel like at the given time?

My comment caused you to make a pariah of yourself based on your wrong interpretation of my message. I am sorry that you chose to do so, but in the end it was your choice to make based on your interpretation and I take no responsibility for that.

Then why do you refuse to see me comment the same way? I didn't like the comment the first time, but everyone told me I was wrong, so I took it to heart and moved on. Now that's apparently wrong too...

I guess I just spoke above my caste, then...

In a thread where the staff was dealing with a completely different user with the intent to stir up trouble. You had no place to do that.

You did, so why can't I? It didn't violate the forum rules, after all.

Ah, because you're a mod? Well, double standard...

Again, your problem, not ours.

That remains to be seen. Indeed, the utter refusal of the mods to acknowledge the problem here is at the very heart of this topic. The continued denial to accept it as such just escalates the whole matter.

As I stated before, the deletion process was already in motion by the time you edited your post with the on-topic content. I saw it, but was not able to stop the moderator doing the deletion in time. The moderator also removed it completely, instead of 'soft' deleting it. If it had been 'soft deleted', I can assure you it would have been back up there, sans the taunting comments that had originally comprised that post. My apologies for your loss.

So the question remains:

1. Why do mods resort to blatantly delete my posts rather than edit them?

2. Why do they they refuse to talk or even inform me of the matter?

I will not have my posts deleted without reason. Make your case and I'll listen, though I can't promise I'll agree. But just trying to silenty kill me by quietly deleting my posts will only prompt me to fill my mailboxes with angry PMs and post topics like this one.

If you want to prove a point, there is a PM system with which you could have PMed a staff member about it. Your aversion to them is not a reason you may use to justify posting it in the open.

Ah, now you put your foot in it. You know full well that I posted to several PMs to both Darth333 and tk102 on this very matter.

In short, you're just plain wrong. I DID use the PM system. That especially Darth333 preferred to just ignore me is a big part of the problem here. And yes, those PMs can be produced to prove this.

Thus you're either ignorant or lying when you say I have an aversion to using PMs. If the former is the case, you'd have more credibility if you actually took the time to find out what you're talking about. Your position is totally baseless.

Is this an admission of baiting?

No. But I'll admit that I expected this to happen, even though it was fine for you to do. Clearly what you write is not nearly as important as who is writing...

This forum and its moderators do not promote a 'police-state'. I'm sorry if you interpret it as such, but just because you do, that does not make it so.

Actually, that was a yes/no question. Do you have an aversion to simply answering yes or no?

EDIT:

Its no ones fault that Mod's have flaws. Its human nature. People are flawed, and therfore, so are Mods.

At that one point I have to say that in my opinon, Jediphile should accept that fact.

Oh, I'm quite willing to do that.

It does require that people acknowledge their flaws first, however.

After all, if they will not be reasonable, when these things are pointed out to them, then why should I be? Why should anyone?

Jediphile its our job to interpret the rules and apply them when we think they are being broken.

What rules were broken? I did what Niner did. His posts were not deleted or revised. Nothing in the forum rules states that I cannot quote him in the way I did before I make on-topic comments.

I'll play by the rules, but they must be applied equally and to us all. It cannot be okay that Niner can make an comment about nerd rage and have that accepted, if I cannot then later quote it. That's double standard. It's actually quite plain.

Archived