Home

Next Step of the Star Wars saga?

Ztalker

Well, Luke is probably not going to look much older, keyword being "look" which can be decieving since these are altered by technical/mystical means, or by simply makeup or Force Nip/Tuck, the ULTIMATE force power invented by Leia. Hack, Kreia/Lumiya/palpy even would probably turn to the light side if such power exists.

Apparently Mara had learned this mysterious power as well... :xp:

I think that the deaths of main characters should be avoided in the EU. There are endless stories to be told in the Star Wars universe, so why is there such a pressing need to explicitly kill off our favorite characters? I really don't see a good reason.

Yes, I agree, it is a powerful way to use emotion on the readers of a book to kill someone they like, but you know what? I'm not too hot on using that in a b-grade novel whose only point of real interest IS that killing! To be quite honest with you, that was my experience with Vector Prime - I don't remember anything else from the book except that Salvatore killed Chewie and - tadaa! - introduced an inane alien race to blame for it. Because it seemed so contrived to me, I haven't picked up a single book by Salvatore since (and don't intend to do so).

Now I agree that I may be a fanboy who can't stand to see his favorites die, I have to point out that Salvatore had 1) Never written a SW book before VP, and 2) was starting a new series with that book. Draw what conclusions you may, but to me it looks like it was just a selling point for his book and a callous disregard for established characters.

That's exactly the type of treatment I don't want the main characters to have, which is why I suggest that their deaths simply remain vague and unwritten. After all, at least no one can screw that up.

Here are some pics to support my...request for consistency.

200px-Obiwan_old.jpg250px-Mara-sacrifice.jpg250px-LukeInferno.jpg

Now for the clue: Obi-Wan is 57 years old in this picture. Mara Jade is of the exact same age in the second picture. Luke is 59 years old in the last picture.

Sorry, but I can't help to laugh at this. If 'they' are trying to keep our heroes in the spotlight and giving them all sorts of quests, make them look like they should be, or take new heroes. Love the way the Legacy comics did this, and to some extend, like Jae said, the Old Republic era comics.

Although...there IS hope. On Wookipedia, several official pictures of the three main heroes seem to have been done like they should. :)

Look for the article on the 'Sacrifice' novel, and watch the back of the novel. That's the way Luke should be portrayed.

• 2 weeks later...

They "experimented" what would happen if they started to get rid of the OT characters.

Chewie wasn't originally supposed to die in the YV crisis. However, the team at Lucas Books decided they wanted to gauge the public's reaction by killing off a major character. So they author had to kill Chewie.

The reaction was outrageous and people complained that the move was quite unneccessary. So, the board decided not to kill any more off but to rather focus on the new (i.e. Jacen, Jaina, etc).

I definitely think that they need to come up with a better strategy of creating EU books. It has gotten so monotonous that it makes me loose interest. I would recomend a new cast of characters and have the original characters (Luke, Han, Leia, etc) make cameo appearances.

The only thing that should remain common in all of the new EU stories should be C3PO and R2D2.

Archived