steven

A long time ago in a galaxy far away...

Star Wars

Renegade

Jedi padawan Jack Goren has just killed his master upon the Jedi

temple landing pads after discovering he had turned to the dark

side and planned to give a powerful yet mysterious Jedi artifact

to an Sith Lord going by the name Caos, who's fortress is located

deep in the heart of the unknown regions.

Whilst being pursued by the ruthless Jedi Order, who believe he has

fallen to the "dark" side, Jack must gather a team to help him

escape Coruscant Undercity and head to the unknown regions

where he hopes to find the Sith Lord where he can get he seeks

revenge for his masters turn to the dark side and to clear his name of

the murder charges as he avoids the vengeful Jedi Order and their

assassins...

Welcome to Star Wars Renegade, an rpg set twenty nine years after the events of Knights of the Old Republic 2. Assuming everything reading this has played the game, I'm only going to explain the background after KOTOR2.

Once the Jedi Exile and her companions had defeated Darth Traya, they returned to Coruscant and began to rebuild the Jedi Order, however their hearts were tainted with the dark side. This new Jedi Order was much stricter, and harsher to citizens, corporations and militias. The former protectors of the peace, became upholders of imperialism as the Republic began to follow in the Orders path.

This rpg will start in the Undercity of Coruscant. Where you'll find all the lowlifes, scum and mobster of Republic capital. Your character maybe a member of the lowlife community or just someone in there by chance. I'm afraid I'm only limiting your character to natural and good characters, or bad character who'll turn good when they join the group, and if they are bad then no members of the Sith, they'll have to be apart of the Jedi order sent to track Goren. Also no one is to currently own a starship. We'll acquire as the story progresses, and hopefully have some fun doing so.

Despite it's dark theme, I hoping this will have quite afew light moments and to help this I will be needing some ideas for fun events we could play. Any suggestions are welcomed through PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Sheets

Name:

Appearance: (Picture or description)

Species:

Weapon:

History: (two paragraphs min)

Rules:

-Though shalt use common sense and wouldn't be an ass

-Though shalt not use Cannon characters. All original

-Though shalt not use anime are character pics

-Though (me) shall be playing Jack Goren

-Though shalt not have more than two characters

-Though shalt have fun

-Though shalt not post without 50 words within the post

-Though keep OOC comments in the OOC thread (here)

• 5 months later...

Name: Brent Vaughn

Appearance: Short grey hair, quite tall and wears ripped clothes.

Species: Human

Weapon: Blaster Pistol

History: Once a soldier in the Republic, Brent Vaughn was fired, due to poor behaviour and being believed to be a traitor, since he joined Malak in the Mandalorian Wars. After the war finished however, Vaughn abandoned Malak and after being fired, he lived in the undercity of Coruscant and became the scum and villiany he had tried to avoid for so long.

Nowadays, Vaughn has missed his old days in the Republic and is longing for a bit of excitement and he intends to get it as soon a possible, first making way of Coruscant.

Also, nice role-play steven and this will be my first role-play I've joined in sometime.

Name: Kossiyk

Appearance: Kossiyk

Species: Trandoshan

Weapons: Many and varied. His 'work' tends to have him picking what is suitable for the occasion, generally sorting his equipment in levels of mess afterwards. However, without fail, he carries his personalized Bothan Stunner and a custom-made slug pistol. However, common knowledge suggests that these are probably sentimental - he has never been seen to use the pistol, and the stunner only a few times. He's also more than capable of bare-handed fighting, using his raw strength, claws, and teeth.

Currently, Kossiyk is packing a Merr-Sonn MSB-C7 Blaster Carbine, a Blas-Tech DL-6 pistol, a collapsible Vibroblade with a cortosis weave, as well as his standard Bothan Stunner and Slug Pistol.

History: Kossiyk, like most Trandoshans, was birthed on Trandosha, and, as is custom, cannibalized his brothers and sisters. Over the course of his youth, he grew bored of the wanton cruelties inflicted by Trandoshans to the neighboring Wookiees. When the time came for him, he hopped a ship headed for the Core Systems.

Like his brethren, Kossiyk is vicious and powerful, and these traits served him well in the seedy underworld that opened like a maw to greet him. First, on Abregado-Rae, he fell in with a band of petty thugs, enforcers for some street gang hitting up traders on their way across the Core towards Coruscant. Kossiyk served as primary muscle, cracking skulls here and there.

Again tired of visiting wanton cruelty on others, he journeyed further, finally ending up on Coruscant. There, he seemed to find his place. An Exchange representative quickly visited him in the small apartment he had 'persuaded' the previous occupant to give him, an encounter that incidentally resulted in a human male being rushed to Coruscant Medical after having six ribs shattered and his jaw broken.

The Exchange Rep offered him an incredible choice - entering into the Exchange. Kossiyk knew what awaited him, but signed anyway.

What followed were three years of fear. Kossiyk had found what seemed to be his calling. Rather than repeatedly visiting acts of violence on idiot traders, he was now visiting it on people who actually deserved it - you don't cheat the Exchange. Furthermore, it wasn't so much acts of violence as splattering what remained of their internals over the inside of the Azure Dianoga Cantina.

Kossiyk loved his job. After his first few brutal beatings, followed by a few more even more brutal killings, Exchange incomes rose by roughly ten percent as panicky bosses began to rapidly pay up their debts rather than be visited by the Lizard.

And the best part?

This wasn't murder. It was Justice.

Ohhh, I'm definatly sticking to this one! Thats a promise!

Name: Vin Rickar

Appearance: - Dark brown hair, long

- Blue Mesh suit, worn underneith a dark long coat.

- Average build

- Blue eyes

Weapons: 2x Lightsabers (one blue and one orange)

2x Heavy Blasters

History: Vin Rickar was born and raised on Nar Shadda. Long after the Jedi Civil War, he was founded by a Jedi and was requested to learn the ways of the Jedi.

Vin was begining to become a promising student of the newly established Jedi Order. But like most students, Vin thought the new laws and philosiphies gave too many restrictions to his own life and others around him. Feeling somewhat disapointed with the Jedi Order and their corrupted ways, Vin left the Order and became a mercenary living in the Undercity of Coruscant.

Kind of reminds me of the Kotor comics :), but I like it!

Anyway;

Name: Hoban Cedman

Apperance: A quite average body-size, with a darkblonde and quite short hair. He has green eyes, a brown coat, and black/grey/brown clothing underneatht he coat.

Weapons: A heavy blaster.

History: Hoban was born on the planet Telos, but at a very young age his house were attacked by raiders. Hoban's entire family got killed, but he didn't get alone. The neighbours took him in under care until he was 16.

When he turned 16 he got accepted to a pilot academy, which he finnished 2 years after. He was one of the top students, and got offered a place in the Republic fleet, which he also took, but he didn't stay for long, althou he flew some very important missions for the Republic. And later he began to take jobs wherever he could find...transporting, smuggling etc. And he had made quite a rep of himself aswell.

Hoban is just a man trying to make a living in the galaxy, and after a well done job transporting a rich family to Courscant he stayed for some days for vacations.

Well it's taken five months but it looks like my rpg is about to kick off :xp:

Phantom Knight, history needs another paragraph, and Diego can we see a few more sentences in your history please.

Note, the rules have been revised.

Name: Jack Goren

Appearance:

sylar.jpg

Weapon: Lightsaber (Green Blade)

History: Born in the under city, Jack never thought he'd be forced to visit his home again. He hated the place's cruelty and cut throat atmosphere, he thought he was being rescued from the harsh life when Jedi Master Dunn discovered Jack all alone in his apartment after being left by his mother without reason. He was only six at the time but he had clear understanding of the galaxy and, being told stories of the Jedi from his uncle, honestly believed when he asked to join their ranks, he would no longer live in a cruel world. He had no idea how wrong he was.

Trained as an officer in the fascist state, Jack was brainwashed into believing what he did was for the best in grand scheme of things. Under the training of Master Dunn, Jack was tricked into doing something rather dark things for the order, things he is not found of but the brainwashing made him ignore his conscious and continued working for the order, but this brainwashing wore off when he and Dunn was sent to Telos archive to execute Master Atris under crimes of inspiring a conspiracy against the order.

The two entered the base undetected and then split up. While Dunn went to take care of Atris, Jack was order to search the archive grounds and kill all handmaidens. But they were nowhere to be found, and on his return journey he was confronted by Atris who, before Jack had the chance to do anything, dove into his mind and removed the brainwashing. She would then be stabbed by Dunns lightsaber. Aware of what she had done to his apprentice, Dunn gave the order for a pick up.

A month later, on the verge of accepting his knighthood, Jack discovered Master Dunn was packing up his things. Though Dunn told his apprentice he was simply going on a mission, his mind explained the whole story. Dunn was defecting the order for unjust reasons and when Dunn realised Jack had read his mind, something the brain washing prevented, he attacked and lost the battle as well as his life.

Jack attempted to tell his story to the Jedi council in their chambers, however they didn't believe him and ordered his execution, something the brain washing would have forced him to accepted, but as the brain washing had been broken, so did their hold on him. In a surprise move, he attacked the council with a force shock wave and jumped from the buildings ledge, before crashing onto a jedi patrol speeder, causing it to crash into the hanger. With alarms echoed around the large corridors of the Jedi hall, Jack roped his masters corpse of its lightsaber and an artifact Dunn was hoping to give to his new dark master.

Whilst being pursued by ruthless Jedi agents, Jack escapes into the undercity. Unhappy that he has to return home.

steven, just to say that I like the Sylar picture you have there and I'm sorry you had to wait five months for this role-play to pick up. The storyline is too good to miss.

and Diego can we see a few more sentences in your history please.

No problem, besides this gives me the chance to change my character a little bit. I hope he is to your satisfaction.

Name: Brent Vaughn

Appearance:

gladiator.jpg

Weapon: Blaster Pistol

History: Brent Vaughn has seen it all. From lowlife scum fighting for a spare credits, to wars that were fought across the Outer Rim, Vaughn has seen what the galaxy has to offer.

His first taste in fighting was when he joined the Republic at the age of twenty-one, in the battle against the Mandalorians, in Vaughn's opinion, the epic and terrifying Mandalorian Wars. There, he lost many close allies and swore vengeance on the Mandalorians, hoping to avenge his friend's deaths.

Soon his obsession on revenge became so great, that when the offer of continuing the battle alongside Revan and Malak, Vaughn couldn't refuse. He left his fellow comrades behind and became prey to the dark side. Luckily, unlike most who also followed Revan and Malak, Vaughn managed to redeem himself, after he realised that revenge wasn't the solution and he returned to the Republic with great difficulty. Upon return, he was stripped of his position in the Republic army, causing Vaughn to be sacked and with little money and not a sign of dignity, he was his own man again.

Vaughn avoided the next wars that followed, which were the Jedi Civil War and the Shadow War, despite the temptation of fighting once more. He also avoided contact with any important institutions, like the Exchange, in case something went wrong and he would end up in serious trouble, like he had done with the Republic.

Since the end of the two wars, Vaughn has returned to his home world of Coruscant, only to find he had lost his home and was forced to live in the dangerous undercity. With no skills of piloting and owning nothing whatsoever, barring an old blaster pistol from his days in the Republic and the one set of clothes he has on him, Vaughn was forced to stay on Coruscant, hoping that one day, he could leave the planet forever.

Twenty-nine long years have passed and during that time, Vaughn is now bitter and still alone, but as he always had been, he is eager to fight once more. Even if it costs him his whole life.

Here ya' go steven.

Name: Alan Spacer

Appearance: Light brown short hair, hazel eyes, wears an eyepatch on left eye, tall stature, muscular build, always seems to have his beard done. Wears grey pants and a black coat. Under those clothes, Alan wears a self-made armor.

Species: Mandalorian

Weapon: Retractible wrist-guns, large vibrosword.

History: Born to an unknown Mandalorian clan on the farthest reaches of the world of Dantooine, Alan was part of a primitive tribe, probably the descendants of an abandoned son or daughter of the Mandalorians. As the time passed, the tribe started moving in deeper into civilization, gaining more manners, customs, culture, etc and also progressed in technology, gaining more effective, though cruder, weapons such as blaster pistols and rifles, replacing their primitive lances, now becoming true Mandalorians.

As Alan grew up, he grew accostumed to war, battle, killing and death. He loved it. The adrenaline, the sheer pressure, the feel of blood in your face and death in your hands, he was always excited when there was a new battle to fight. For the sake of the Mandalorians, he even lost his eye to a stray shot and continued to fight. Suddenly, one day, he realized, there was no more point to war. There were no more battles to fight, no more wars to take part in, no more glory to take, no more killing to make. Alan's life had become boring. He then started to drink it up, no longer having a meaning in his life.

Alan then moved to Coruscant, usually spending his time in the Undercity drinking, provoking bar fights and the such to fill the void, although none could do it correctly.

Can I join in also? This sounds really cool...

Name: Rena Young

Appearance: ivecxx7e5.jpg

(Imagine her without the long necklace)

Weapon: Blaster pistol and her father's old blue bladed lightsaber

History: Rena Young was born on Tatooine, where only her mother, Ally, took care of her. Her father left the family to become a Jedi when she was only two months old. When the news reached Rena's mother that her father died in the war, Ally became devestated, knowing that she only had to take care of Rena. The Jedi then gave Ally her husband's lightsaber as a memory.

Rena became 14-years-old, never knowing who her father was. Whenever she asked about her father, an angry Ally grounds the young Rena for asking such a question. The young girl then found an old lightsaber in a secret storage box in the closet. She then kept it, hiding the lightsaber from her mother.

Two months past, and Ally lied on the bed, dying from a terrible fever. Knowing that the medic couldn't do anything for the dying mother, Rena stayed by her mother's side. Before Ally died, her last words were, "You're father was a great Jedi. But now that the Jedi are corrupted... be careful in what you believe in..." After that, Ally died.

Rena became lonely and frightened. But then she had to keep up her courage, no matter what. She decided to leave Tatooine. So the young teenaged girl packed her things, along with her father's lightsaber, and rode on a Transportation ship to Coruscant.

Now, at the age of 17, Rena lives in an apartment in the Undercity of Coruscant, run by a bossy landlord. She's trying to find a job fit for her, and also trying to raise money to pay the landlord. But the most important thing for Rena to have is an adventure.

Thread's up.

I think we need to discuss how to group is going to form, I don't want everyone just tagging along just for the well of it.

In the opening post, I stated Jack detected a lightsaber and I was hoping that it was Rena's. Its the only way I can see a innocent girl (Rena) such as her falling into a crowd of quiet dark people (everyone else)

Thread's up.

I think we need to discuss how to group is going to form, I don't want everyone just tagging along just for the well of it.

In the opening post, I stated Jack detected a lightsaber and I was hoping that it was Rena's. Its the only way I can see a innocent girl (Rena) such as her falling into a crowd of quiet dark people (everyone else)

Well, I've written my opening post (which I hope is okay) and I've stated that Brent Vaughn (who will be referred to as Vaughn throughout the story) is looking for a way off-planet and hoping for adventure. My character might just stumble into the other characters, but I don't know.

Thread's up.

No need to worry. I'm on it. ;)

@Nymf..., a quote from the rules, see the highlighted part

This rpg will start in the Undercity of Coruscant. Where you'll find all the lowlifes, scum and mobster of Republic capital. Your character maybe a member of the lowlife community or just someone in there by chance. I'm afraid I'm only limiting your character to natural and good characters, or bad character who'll turn good when they join the group, and if they are bad then no members of the Sith, they'll have to be apart of the Jedi order sent to track Goren. Also no one is to currently own a starship. We'll acquire as the story progresses, and hopefully have some fun doing so.

note, if anyone knows how to obtain a ship or to suggest a ship image, please post here or pm me

Look I got it figured out. I have a plan on loosing the ship, had it all along, but losing it on the Pazaak seemed to simple. :)

EDIT: My intention was all along to loose it, but I felt I had to have a ship due my 'proffesion'.

But I appologize greatly, for I did miss that part in the rules. Very Sorry!

I hope it's ok thou, since my intention never was for us to use it.

Name: Aryn Vexxlin

Appearance: Image: Aryn Vexxlin

Species: Human (with several unexplainable genetic abnormalities)

Weapon: saber staff (burnt-orange blades), blaster pistol, long knife

History: Aryn Vexxlin claims to have been born aboard a starship along the Hydian Way hyperspace route. Beyond that, she says very little of her past. She wears a ring on her left ring finger, which indicates she is married, but that is questionable considering her apparent age.

Beyond what little she says about her past, some of the things that Aryn mentions offhand or hints at having happened to her make very little sense when her appearance is taken into account. When questioned on the subject, she shrugs dismissively and says, "I have an overactive imagination... pay it no mind."

Concerning the lightsaber, which she typically carries strapped to her back, she says, "Old family heirloom." Despite this claim, she does seem to know how to use it. And if they were to attempt probing her mind for a connection to the Force, they would feel as though they'd run into a mental brick wall.

There are a lot of things that do not add up about this young woman, but her demeanor is so disarming, it's hard not to trust her, and the longer you know her, the more trustworthy she proves to be.

This is character is going to be an antagonist whilst we're on Coruscant

Character Sheets

Name: Robert Niles, aka the Corpse

Appearance:

http://www.diversionprojects.org/images/Psycho_Mantis.jpg

Species: Was human

Weapon: A number of lightsabers with a variety of blade colors.

History: Once a promising student of the order until his untimely death when investigating the tombs of Korriban when he was surprised by the tombs defenses and killed by dart penetrating the heart. But because his death was a slow one, he managed to drew a lot of dark force energy and shortly everything went dark, the dark force energy he absorbed transformed his body into something new before he woke up.

Although his heart no longer beats, his mind stills thinks and his body still moves. He's somewhat a zombie, expect he's still the same man he was before his death and he doesn't have an appetite for brains. With his new state of life, he also has rapid cell regeneration making him appear immortal. Nower days Robert is an advanced assassin for the Order, and is currently in pursuit of Jack Goren.

Archived