Home

Peter Jackson to produce "The Hobbit"

Yeah, overall, much as I liked the books...Tolkein isn't the greatest writer out there, great story-teller to be sure though. PJ IMO smoothed out a great deal of the mindless "stuff" Tolkein put in his books. There's a lot of less of that in the Hobbit to be sure, so I'm expecting a much more direct translation with fewer liberties taken.

What do you mean by mindless "stuff"?

Yeah, overall, much as I liked the books...Tolkein isn't the greatest writer out there, great story-teller to be sure though. PJ IMO smoothed out a great deal of the mindless "stuff" Tolkein put in his books. There's a lot of less of that in the Hobbit to be sure, so I'm expecting a much more direct translation with fewer liberties taken.
Well, Jackson set out to make a movie, Tolkien set out to make a world...

That sounds neat that the Hobbit is being made.

I have never read the book but familiar with the story a bit. As far as Tolkien's writing I understand the feeling behind it. He was reflecting his personal experiences during his service in the Great War. I personally find it interesting in how he converted the industrial age into a medieval setting with warriors, elves, and the like. If the movie is produced by Peter Jackson I will go out and see it.

That sounds neat that the Hobbit is being made.

I have never read the book but familiar with the story a bit. As far as Tolkien's writing I understand the feeling behind it. He was reflecting his personal experiences during his service in the Great War. I personally find it interesting in how he converted the industrial age into a medieval setting with warriors, elves, and the like. If the movie is produced by Peter Jackson I will go out and see it.

I think if Jackson is behind this project it can't go to wrong .

LotR was a nice adaption from book to film , a very hard one , since you need to cut a lot out of the books .

The Hobbit is merely a half of one of the 3 books Lotr needed for its story .

So there's a good chance everything will be in the film .

Though , the Hobbit has a much lighter tone , even comical - mainly orcs and the dwarfs amongst eachother + the Dragon has some funny remarks aswell -, to it .

LotR is more serious . I wonder how they will cope with that .

Archived