Carth Or Atton?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Carth Or Atton?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
One of them is a whiny

How is this bad? I much prefer party members that can think independently enough to take issue with your character (and if it's for irrational reasons, that makes them all the better). It makes them far more human than if they agree with everything you say and do everything you tell. Seeing Carth irrationally yell at your PC that he wouldn't let himself be betrayed again had more life than 90% of the game's other scenes.

completely unoriginal

In comparison to many of the game's other party characters? How so?

goody two-shoed

Spending his life unhealthily obsessing over murdering someone constitutes goody-two-shoed-ness?

On the poll, undecided. Atton had a fun personality and a backstory I adored (former torturer/professional killer and all), but Carth's character had quite a bit of depth to it. They're too different to effectively compare.

Well, not his unhealthy obsession w/Saul so much as the rest of the second guessing he does to you, never mind nixing/hurting your ability to extort or hurt others while he's in your party. I'm inclined to agree that Carth is a more solidly fleshed out than Atton. Having said that, it would be a close call. I think Carth would be more dependable, but Atton more of a cutup. I'd probably be inclined to use them (or not) equally. Maybe you could include neither or both as choices.

I choose Atton, because he's not a coward like Carth. I lost respect for Carth, when he left Mission, a 14 year old girl to die on the "Unknown Planet". Throughout the game npc's say Carth is a great hero, but on the "Unknown Planet" he showed his true colors.

oohh...Close call for me....as much as I adore Carth, and I do, believe me ... I love the darkness in Atton. As a character, he's so complex and twisted...I guess that's why he shows up in everything I write....

When it comes down to real life...I married a Carth...but I can still think nasty thoughts about an Atton, can't I?? hehehe

Archived