Revan.... Or Exile... Or Random Guy

RobQel-Droma

Main PC?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Main PC?

• Revan
    • The Exile
    • "Some-Random-Guy-With-Amazing-Force-Potential"
    • I don't care if I play as Ajuur, just make the darn game.....

Thats not true. Games have been canonized for ages; look at Dark Forces (Kyle Katarn even appears in the newer novels now). And the comics (most of them, especially the pre-Clone Wars ones) are pretty much canon as well. KotOR has been canonized as well as the events that take place after The Greast Sith War with Exar Kun. The upcoming game The Force Unleashed is already officially canon as well; it details the events between Episode 3 & 4 and is authorized by Lucas. :D

You misunderstood. I never meant to say that games weren't canonized; I meant that in games, the canon story doesn't matter. For instance, in K2, we can play after selecting Revan as a DS'er, even if the canon story is LS. The same should happen in K3.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You misunderstood. I never meant to say that games weren't canonized; I meant that in games, the canon story doesn't matter. For instance, in K2, we can play after selecting Revan as a DS'er, even if the canon story is LS. The same should happen in K3.

Which would mean all-new characters and all-new locations (with the possible exceptions being T3-M4 and Korriban)

I'd like to see a new random guy or gal as PC that is a graduating student trained by the new Jedi order that the exile trained, founded, and left behind at the end of K2.

I don't want them to be uber powerful for all situations, but not a weakling neither. Perhaps where skill trees of force powers like learning medition and force bonding as powers might also open up the possibility of an actual workable beast trick power with it's own levels, or a high computer and repair, and destroy droid might give synergy bonuses in charisma with interactions with robots and swoop racing, but not allow enough points for a lot of healing. I think that would give more replay value in that you'd be encouraged to spend points radically different to get the full game expereince.

Anyway, storywise, I'd think this would work best too. NPCs both in the party and that try to solicit your help would still have a lot to fill you in on because the PC could have been both out of touch with the wider galaxy, as well as thought to be young and naive.

Being a student of Exile's student's, the PC would have a connection to both Revan and Exile if Bioware chose to exploit the unknown regions storyline. Or if they wanted the story to focus on rebuilding of the order and making the republic strong post-Exile and save the true sith to a later game, they would have pretty free reign even then.

• 3 weeks later...

What about all of these things, I know if would make the game really complicated, but what if you could start as a new character and then meet up with both the exile and Revan. First, you are a trainee from Atton or someone else from TSL then, after you go through jedi training, like the prologue in TSL, you abandon your masters and search for the Exile and Revan looking for an adventure in the now boring and peacful galaxy. It fixes the problems about level, lets you have some starting force powers and maybe, depending on your allignment or what you set Revan's and the Exile's pasts too you wouldn't meet both, or maybe either. But this way it would tie in, involve Revan and Exile, and give us a new charcter.

Sorry, I think I started to ramble and repeat up there. :newbie:

I'm predicting that your player character will have a tie to Darth Bane's story. In order to explain his or her amnesia, we can look at the thought-bomb Bane unleashed on the Jedi and Sith at the end of "The Path to Destruction". Maybe the latest player character would have been hit by the though-bomb, but he/she narrowly escaped with his/her life. As the character tries to pull together the events of the gallaxy, he/she discovers an unknown revelation.

Just my thoughts. Who really knows? :)

This is impossible. KOTOR takes place approximately 4 thousand years before the battle of Yavin (Return of the Jedi) Darth Bane doesn't appear until 1000 Before the Battle of Yavin.

^^^

You are right in that up to now, the name 'KotOR' has been given to stories set within a 40 year period around 4 millennium before EPIV (ie. the first TOTJ, KotOR,TSL and the current comics) But really, "Knight of the old Republic" could mean any Jedi from 25,000-19 BBY.

Here is what I think they will do with the story:

Revan (Unlikely but hopefully): Revan is in search of the True Sith - which contrary to some peoples belief is not a race of beings called Sith, but the survivors of the Great Hyperspace War (GHW) and their disciples - and voyages into the Unknown Regions. (It is my theory that the Unknown Regions of the time include the Rishi Maze, and not some different galaxy. If you look at the galaxy map Korriban and Malachor V are both in the Outer Rim but quite some distance from each other. This seams to suggest the True Sith lie beyond the galaxy proper.)

As far as Revans power, he could start out as a not so-strong jedi because he is trying to not draw attention to himself, and has given up some of his power. If Revan simply regained his power in K1 as his subconsious memories returned, instead of draining the life energies of people like the Exile in TSL, he could simply allow his power to "grow back" if you see what I mean. The Darkside/Lightside plot would work as Revan either seeks to destroy or rule the Sith.

The Exile (Boring much?): The Exile seeks to restore the Jedi Order, but a new threat emerges, that of the True Sith. After a thousand years the Sith have returned from their own exile after the GHW, and are set to destroy this weak new order. The Exile must take on the brunt of the Sith himself as his students are not yet ready. He must drive them from the galaxy once more to protect all he has built.

Some-Random-Guy: Basicaly Mass Effect but replace "Reapers" with "Sith". Which is basicly the same story as the Exiles, only you are his student. Hmmm, so basically Jedi-Academy-meets-Mass-Effect.

The RPG part is pretty easy to solve with having Revan as the PC, just take NWN:HotU as an example - in this expansion to NWN you start out at around level 20 so you can get right down to the fun of epic levels and instead of fighting random critters in the forest you go to a place that is more heavily packed with badass evil guys. The same could be done with K3 and Revan, no need to be a noob having to find a broken droid for this farmer - just start it off with some real Jedi mission where you go up against large squadrons of troopers, huge war machines or other powerful jedi right off the bat and then work your way towards supremacy. I bet that could be fun.

Of course the mechanics are the easy part, what I'm worried about is the story and plot - I don't really know what impact it would have on the immersion to play some character you already know? I'm afraid that on some level it would feel lame.

I'd much rather see some new person we haven't seen before or haven't interacted a lot with and we don't unnecessarily have to start out as a rookie either. As long as Revan and Exile is heavily tied into the story, I'd really love to hear their story.. play as a part of it :)

I would love to be Revan or the Exile again at least reappear, however it is unpractical in all aspects.

1) all the powers you've gained are lost...once again (Both Revan and the Exile started over in the games)

2) there's no way of telling the game exactly which path you chose in the last ones (I'm sure we all played it atleast once light and once dark)

3) we customized Revan and the Exile in the begining, what they looked like, everything. it isn't practical to have them even reappear.

It's going to have to be a new guy, started from no powers or minimal powers. I'm sure the story would tie Revan and the Exile in but the story is probably going to say things about them that go completely against how we played them like in KOTOR2. That story line suggested things about Revan that weren't how I would've chosen differently. The writers have to make some assumptions somewhere, i guess. Any ways, it needs to be in existance so we can get some new RPG action going

3) we customized Revan and the Exile in the begining, what they looked like, everything. it isn't practical to have them even reappear.

There's been a lot of speculation that revan had a mask & robes in K1, and Exile took Nihilus' mask in K2, so you've got a perfect justification to have either or both appear in the story but not have their appearances choosable. As a result, neither bioware nor obsidian are particularly obligated not to use them. I'd agree that it's not to have either one as the main pc though.

Well, seeing as Obsidian sort of planned to have the Exile as PC in K3, that's my preference. Though, we would all have to suspend our disbelief somewhat for that. But it would solve a lot of problems, as well--both the Exile and Revan's physical appearances, for instance; Revan could sport his/her traditional mask (and on that matter, Revan's former alignment might not be an issue), while the Exile's appearance, gender, and alignment would be chosen by the player.

But having a new character--one that is not ultra-powerful, mind you--would definitely work as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, be nice Corinthian. TSL was a great game... although everyone here agrees that LA screwed it up beyond all belief. But we have the wonderful TG. Anyway, I can't think of too many ways for the story to make sense if we play Revan again (he should definitly show up though), instead I think the Exile would make the most sense. If she took Kreia's advice and left her companions behind, her powers would be extremely lessened I guess. But I have no objection to a new character as long as the next game ties up a few loose ends... curse the Sopranos-styled ending of TSL.

I can't think of too many ways for the story to make sense if we play Revan again (he should definitly show up though), instead I think the Exile would make the most sense. If she took Kreia's advice and left her companions behind, her powers would be extremely lessened I guess. But I have no objection to a new character as long as the next game ties up a few loose ends... curse the Sopranos-styled ending of TSL.

Welcome to the forums! I couldn't fine the waving smily.......so you get :mrt:

First and foremost: It dosen't need to make sense it just needs to be made.

You make a good point however, I myself did not like TSL, and I have meny reason, the biggest being that it sucked. I liked the story just not the way it was done.

Anyway... I personally like the Revan character, he was really cool(plus he got Bastila, but thats beside the point)

Now frankly I think everyone needs to drop the whole "but he wont have all the powers he had at the end of the last one!" thing, I don't know about you but I don't really care, I play for the story not the force powers.

But no matter what someone is not going to be happy with how they do the next game. Weather it be Revan/Exile(both? anyone) or some random Jedi.

If she took Kreia's advice and left her companions behind, her powers would be extremely lessened I guess.

Not necessarily. Kreia wanted the Exile to feel the Force without the need to leech off of others. It's never actually said in (the final version of) the game whether Kreia was successful, but it's sort of implied.

But they could just give the Exile a few basic powers, change the starting classes to Jedi Master, Watchman, and Weapon Master (or Sith Lord, Assassin, and Marauder). That would be enough to give the impression that the Exile is already a Jedi.

First and foremost: It dosen't need to make sense it just needs to be made.

Exactly.

For all I care, believe it or not, I would happily play G0-T0 as long as K3 was made!

I don't think even I would go that far, My friend. Close though. lol

Back to the topic though.

I would really rather be Revan, like I said I don't care if I start out as a soldier with no force as long as I can be Revan(or even the Exile) I mean I was the one who was said when I didn't get to be Revan in the second one(I actually name my first character Revan lol)

And I want to see people like Mission Vao, and Zalbar, and Jolee(I loved that annoying old man!)

But on the same note we also have to have T3 HK and Mandalore. Its a must

I would really rather be Revan, like I said I don't care if I start out as a soldier with no force as long as I can be Revan(or even the Exile) I mean I was the one who was said when I didn't get to be Revan in the second one(I actually name my first character Revan lol)

And I want to see people like Mission Vao, and Zalbar, and Jolee(I loved that annoying old man!)

But on the same note we also have to have T3 HK and Mandalore. Its a must

I think the third in the series has to be a new character, and I think having T3, HK, and Mandalore is way too redundant. Maybe you could have some cameo appearances by HK and Mandalore, and T3 could be a party member somehow, But I think to change things up a little, the PC should start out as a mercenary familiar with the uncharted regions, hired by Bastilla to find Revan, this would allow a full range of species for the PC as either male or female. Certainly at some point you would run across the Exile and Revan both, but they shouldn't be together until united in your party. The PC could then learn the Jedi ways as you adventure from either Revan or the Exile or even Bastilla.

That's my take on it

I think the third in the series has to be a new character, and I think having T3, HK, and Mandalore is way too redundant. Maybe you could have some cameo appearances by HK and Mandalore, and T3 could be a party member somehow, But I think to change things up a little, the PC should start out as a mercenary familiar with the uncharted regions, hired by Bastilla to find Revan, this would allow a full range of species for the PC as either male or female. Certainly at some point you would run across the Exile and Revan both, but they shouldn't be together until united in your party. The PC could then learn the Jedi ways as you adventure from either Revan or the Exile or even Bastilla.

That's my take on it

Thats not too bad an idea......

Although at least T3 and HK should still be there, I loved HK-47.

It could always be the you find HK with Revan and T3 with the Exile. But I just think it would be weird having both of the PC's from the past games as your party members.

But as long as they make the game I don't care how they do it!

Im new here and I don't know how this works so i hope that it does...................................................................................................................................................................Anyway......

I think it should be a new PC with Revan & Exile characters l8r in the game at high levels eg. 3rd/2nd last planet. HK 47 should also make a debut as a protocol droid. :lol: However..new PC left Jedi order at 13 because didn't get chosen :ball::ball: crashes on telos and uses force to survive. Bastila (that bitch from 1 and a cutscene in 2) senses him and goes looking for him.

To those of you who this sounds similar I stole it from the books of obi wan, boba fett and ferus olin. OR

1. When you click NEW GAME it would ask which character you would like to play as. Either Revan or the Exile. Both would have different heads and classes.

I agree with this!!!!!!!!!!! You could even go as far as having Exile as the female charater and revan as the male character :r2d23::lsduel: Or even two seperate games wit option to go online & join with the other game 2 play the full game.

Archived