Revan.... Or Exile... Or Random Guy

RobQel-Droma

Main PC?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Main PC?

• Revan
    • The Exile
    • "Some-Random-Guy-With-Amazing-Force-Potential"
    • I don't care if I play as Ajuur, just make the darn game.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally (and to be quite honest, as something of a Revan fanboy) I'd love to play as Revan again. But I don't feel that it either a 3rd game needs to contrive a new method to remove all his powers, Baldurs Gate 2 shows that it is more than possible to produce a sequel that starts with you as powerful as you were at the end of the previous game.

As for setting, why not have it as a straight-sequel to the original - begin with Revan back in the republic after his victory, but knowing that their is a greater evil to confront - and so he departs for the unknown regions. The game could have a tutorial section at the beginning where Revan polishes his skills while travelling to whereever his first destination might be - in the year that has passed since the defeat of Revan has ability with the Saber might not be as great as it ought to be etc.

If the pacing was done well enough, you could even have the events of Kotor 2 taking place - perhaps Revan feeling some disruptions as the Sith Lords destroy Katarr - and ultimately a re-union between HK and Revan. (Coincidentally, my two favourite characters).

Kreia has already said that Revan would need all his power confront the challenges before him, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that level 20 Revan would be nothing but a baby compared to the most powerful of his enemies in the unknown regions.

Personally (and to be quite honest, as something of a Revan fanboy) I'd love to play as Revan again. But I don't feel that it either a 3rd game needs to contrive a new method to remove all his powers, Baldurs Gate 2 shows that it is more than possible to produce a sequel that starts with you as powerful as you were at the end of the previous game.

As for setting, why not have it as a straight-sequel to the original - begin with Revan back in the republic after his victory, but knowing that their is a greater evil to confront - and so he departs for the unknown regions. The game could have a tutorial section at the beginning where Revan polishes his skills while travelling to whereever his first destination might be - in the year that has passed since the defeat of Revan has ability with the Saber might not be as great as it ought to be etc.

If the pacing was done well enough, you could even have the events of Kotor 2 taking place - perhaps Revan feeling some disruptions as the Sith Lords destroy Katarr - and ultimately a re-union between HK and Revan. (Coincidentally, my two favourite characters).

Kreia has already said that Revan would need all his power confront the challenges before him, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that level 20 Revan would be nothing but a baby compared to the most powerful of his enemies in the unknown regions.

This I agree with....All of it!

Maybe in the beginning of the game you Start out with all your party from the old game then you drop them off across the galaxy giving them their instructions, then start your journeys in to the unknown. This of course would mean it taking place during and after Kotor 2. And then you meet with the Exile(who of course brings HK and T3 with her) But you don't meet up with them till middle/end of game.

Hows it sound?

Enough with the ridiculously overpowered Force users popping up like mushrooms! Let us play as the Exile:/

Storytelling wise, imho, this makes the most sense as that is where the story leaves off. Having both Revan and Exile as PCs would be severe overkill (if it was even possible:P), but I would love LA forever if they implemented it successfully!

Maybe:p

I'm with Bee Hoon. Go Exile! :p

But, I wouldn't mind a new PC either, just as long as we know what happens to Revan and the Exile. Seriously though, what is with all the random god-like force-users crawling out of nowhere... like cocroaches!

I love Revan, but I can't see how we could play him and have the story make sense...

Still, to quote: "I don't care if I play as Ajuur, just make the darn game" pretty much sums it up at this point.

Not interested in Playing Exile again, with Nihilus dead what is her function? and although I'm a Revan Fan we need a new PC IMO. New story, new character, or at least tie up any loose ends with Revan/Exile in the beginning and establish the game, then pass the Courvoisier to the new PC.

No, I said she no longer has a function, not that that was her function, her unique use of the force was the answer to nihilus' unique use of the force was it not? I don't consider her an especially powerful or interesting character (and the game was stylistically very different IMO). I think the way obsidian wrote TSL (due to there lack of access to K1) would make a possible trilogy feel unbalanced if another sequel were to focus on the Exile again.

• 3 weeks later...

I think its important for Both Revan and the Exile to appear in the story for Kotor III in a major fashion. Revan is easy to include because he/she has a clearly defined look that is independant of whatever was chosen by the player for their PC in the first KOTOR 1. As such I thought that Revan would make a viable NPC to recruit later in the game. The exile would be harder to include, so it appears that the Exile would be an easier choice for a PC. But there are complications with him/her too. One could either come up with an excuse to depower them or just start them off with force powers. Both of which may not seem like a good note to start off another new RPG. Otherwise I think a new guy who was just a promising young force sensetive from the Repulic would be a good choice.

If K3 takes place out of the galaxy, which I think it pretty much has to in order to follow the story line, then either Revan or the Exile would make sense as the PC.

If it's Revan, the PC could start off doing whatever he's been doing for however long he's been gone, and stumble into the Exile at some point in the game after the Exile took Kreia's advice to "go where no loved one can follow".

If it's the Exile, it might be an easier transition, as the PC could start from where he left off, escaping Malachor and heading for the unknown regions in search of Revan and the True Sith.

I think starting with another unknown would be too difficult to incorporate both Revan and the Exile into the story.

Personally, even though I think the transition might be easier with the Exile as the PC, I voted for Revan since I enjoyed playing as Revan more than I did the Exile, and I think Revan's story is more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it needs to start out with a brand new character for the pc (even though I voted exile out of loyalty). Have the new PC be a jedi trainee (from Atton hopefully) and be sent out to the unknown regions. Once there you find both Revan and the Exile.

With Reven leading a war effort against the True Sith and the Exile naturally being his General. Perhaps you could have the player choose alignments of Revan and the exile (but the alignments must be common between the exile and revan) or just have them be light side to keep it simple. From there you go of on a mission from either Revan or the Exile that has you pitted against the true sith.

Perhaps even have Atton and Mira from TSL and Johlee(a must because he is hilarious) , and bastilla or carth from kotor 1 all be party members. That way you get interaction from the characters that you love and you can throw in new allies to join your party to make things new and interesting. And have the other characters making cameos.

From that I think you could get a great story along with the return of the characters you know and love.

and have this taking place a couple of years after TSL

TSL is a great game no matter what anyone says!

• 2 months later...

Forgive me if this idea has been posted, (I'm not trying to plagiarize anyone) but what if you started as a younger character and as you progressed through the game you eventually find out you are the son/daughter of revan/exile. There could be a total Empire moment. The cool thing is that depending on dialog choices early in the game (ala KOTOR 2) your parent could be either revan or the exile. Don't ask me what dialog cause i have no idea.

in K3 it would make the most sense if one of them (preferably Revan :p) was the PC and the other a party member, but I think at this point with the MMO announcement, i'll take Ajuur just so long as it happens...

I think its important for Both Revan and the Exile to appear in the story for Kotor III in a major fashion. Revan is easy to include because he/she has a clearly defined look that is independant of whatever was chosen by the player for their PC in the first KOTOR 1. As such I thought that Revan would make a viable NPC to recruit later in the game. The exile would be harder to include, so it appears that the Exile would be an easier choice for a PC. But there are complications with him/her too. One could either come up with an excuse to depower them or just start them off with force powers. Both of which may not seem like a good note to start off another new RPG. Otherwise I think a new guy who was just a promising young force sensetive from the Repulic would be a good choice.

Actually, depowering the Exile could be possible. Since the Exile was feeling the Force through Kreia in K2, then Kreia's death theoretically would again sever those ties. In K3, she (the Exile) could be restoring her own personal connection to the Force...although I guess that would force Exile as PC and Revan as a powerful party member :(...

hopefully...i mean, i can't imagine any company being so stupid as to not follow up on what's become a huge franchise. It'd be like Bungie abandoning Halo at Halo 2 (heck, we've even got a pseudo-cliffhanger ending in K2). Then again, LA is making a fair number of questionable decisions lately, no doubt in great measure due to their new former-EA (barf) president...

• 1 month later...

I think that they shot themselves in the foot by using the D20 system, which scales very badly. They shot themselves in the foot again by allowing Revan to reach level 20 in the first game. One of the reasons that the Baldur's Gate series remains a benchmark in CRPGs is that the devs didn't rush the story. The main character had a level cap of about 9 in the first game, and he was fighting someone trying to be a god. The game had good pacing for a semitrilogy and felt like a single story. KOTOR, on the other hand, peaked too soon and TSL feels completely unconnected.

Don't get me wrong. I loved KOTOR. As a stand alone title it was quite good. I just wish that developers wouldn't shoot for Super Saiyan right out of the door. As it stands, I almost wish Bioware or Obsidian would just start an entirely new story in a different era and take it a bit slower. Or better yet, not even use D20.

Now then. On topic, yes? Revan would be ideal if they could manage the difficulties of high level play. Kind of doubt it though. So I would go with a new character. Perhaps you start out on a ship that's under attack in the Outer Rim. Since it is incredibly likely that the Ebon Hawk would make yet another appearance in a SP K3, you end up getting rescued by the Exile. With your ship damaged beyond repair, she is forced to bring you along into the Unknown Regions.

Along the way, you are found to be force sensitive and get trained as an apprentice, with Revan playing a role similar to the Wanderer in Diablo 2: always just ahead, always at the center of trouble. It would be important that it is never made clear whether Revan was light or dark until late in the game. The player should always be wondering if he is on his way to help Revan or stop him.

After that, it all depends on what the devs decide to do with the "Troo Sith."

Random guy for me. The ending of KII lead me to believe that whatever path the Exile took that she was simply going to join Revan. KIII should tie up all of the loose ends and introduce a new rookie, like a padawan (yes jedi from the beginning this time).

I would LOVE it if we played as the Exile from where we left off from her/him and have maybe about 5 hours of gameplay with the Exile that would be used to find Revan (We would customize both Revan and teh Exile, Revan would have sligtly aged face but the same that we saw in K1 and the Exile would have the EXACT same faces.) and once we find Revan we can choos to either play Revan or the Exile. But if it is TOO complicated for the game makers to do this so they can make everyone happy I want Revan to be PC. But if they do have it a new character I hope they are lucky and smart as hell to find a way to fit in the 3rd most powerful jedi that has lived yet.

1. Revan (Nothing special happened to Revans force capabilities like the Exile and was just as powerful)

2. The Exile (Who knows how strong the exile would have been if she/he was not "stripped" of the force.

3. Another Jedi that we will be forced to like and have to compare to Revan and the Exile.

Archived