Home

Darth Groovy's Top Ten Video Games of 2007!

Darth Groovy

Everyone loves lists. I usually do this once a year, but I forgot to last year.

I will keep it as simple as possible, and then you can all put your comments and lists of your own as well.

1. Bioshock - Should I use fire, or electricity? Search bodies for money!

2. Assassin's Creed - Lived up to the hype, and impressed me with originality.

3. Orange Box - The greatest FPS of all time, packaged with new stuff!

4. NHL 08 - Damn if EA doesn't make the best Hockey game ever... EVER!

5. Tomb Raider Anniversary - The acrobatics, and graphics make it feel new!

6. Rock Band - This fake music game makes me feel like a rock star!

7. Call of Duty 4 - Best action FPS on a console ever. Maximum replay

8. The Darkness - Ever wanted to be the bad guy? Use The Darkness!

9. Contra 4 - One game worthy of owning a DS. Who doesn't love Contra?

10. God of War 2 - It's a bitch, but still fun to play...even the second time!

1. Call of Duty 4 -I think this one > Halo 3, it's just more fun!!!

2. GRAW 2 -Fun in both single player and multiplayer, sharp graphics, fun use of cross-com

3. Halo 3 - cooperative campaign mode was fun and the movie playback made it worth standing in line on release date (first game i actually stood in line for on release!!!)

4. Guitar Hero 3 -too damn addicting. good playlist

5. Rock Band -only played it once on the in-store kiosk when it first came out. very fun, also good playlist...lots of features.

i can't really list the others, but from what ones i've played this year that came out in last quarter of 2007

Splinter Cell: Double Agent -best game in the series, larger areas, very hard decisions to make, it's just tough to play as a bad guy in it...the graphics are amazing compared to the originals, but the gameplay feels deeper.

1. Bioshock - Plasmids rampage makes Big Daddies cry

2. Mass Effect - a step up for RPG, nice graphics and original characters

3. Assassin's Creed - nice original story mixed with Crusades

4. Halo 3 - Nice multiplayer experience

5. Kane and Lynch : Dead Men - there's always a laugh around the corner, followed by a ton of bullets

UT3 - The Best in the series

CoD4 - One of the best FPS games I've ever played, and definitely my favorite in the series.

Bioshock - Wow. Just.... wow. So atmospheric and the game play is incredible.

Guilty Gear Accent Core - I've played quite a bit of it at my friends house. Probably one of my favorite 2d fighting games of all time.

Those are all I can think of for now, I'll post more as I think of them.

If you guys couldn't guess I don't really own consoles and I don't play much console games :p

I haven't gotten to play a lot of the games on most people's top 10 lists yet either because I just never got them or I don't have a 360. But here's some of my top games for the year.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (yeah an old port but its still great)

Definitely need to get Bioshock for PC, Super Mario Galaxy for Wii, and eventually I'd like to get a 360. :D

1. Portal - It may be short, but it's packed full of goodness.

2. Tomb Raider Anniversary - Simply brilliant remake of the original.

3. Halo 3 - Managed to avoid all the spoilers, so I nearly had a heart attack when...

I thought Master Chief was dead. Biggest sigh of relief ever.

3. Mass Effect - A sci-fi lovers dream game.

4. Super Stardust HD - Old school blasting fun downloadable on PS3.

5. Flow - A surreal underwater abyss also downloadable on PS3.

6. Lego Star Wars TCS - Lego and Star Wars, the perfect combination.

7. WoW The Burning Crusade - I love it and hate it equally.

Naruto Rise of the Ninja and Super Mario Galaxy are waiting to be opened Christmas day, and although they are presents for my daughters, I'm guessing they would be on the list too.

My GOTY - Portal

A game that manages to get the little grey cells active, if only for a few hours. It has a great sense of humour attached to it. I haven't laughed at a game since No One Lives Forever 2. The puzzles are just the right difficulty level as you progress, and the ending is perfect. I wish there were more ingenious games like this around. Oh and best end game song ever!

In no particular order, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, Orange Box (specifically Portal), Bioshock, Super Mario Galaxy, Skate, GHIII, and Rock Band. Oh, and I guess WoW because Burning Crusade came out this year.

There's probably ones that I've missed, but those are what come to mind.

I played through Portal yesterday.

Fantastic game.

Honestly? I think I can truly say that it is the only "perfect" game I have every played, for what is wrong with Portal? It has a perfect gameplay system, I never encountered any bugs whatsoever, the graphics are very slick and up to date, the storyline, especially near the end, is quite intriguing (surprisingly enough), even though it was short I found myself wanting to play through it again and see if I could beat certain levels different ways, and, most importantly, it is the first game since San Andreas that has literally made me laugh out loud while playing it. Portal is absolutely hilarious.

If you haven't played Portal yet, buy it. And if you don't have a 360 or a somewhat decent computer, go to a friend's house, rent it, and you can both beat it in about 4 hours.

Orange Box - for Portal, obviously. I haven't even bothered with the rest of the games in it yet!

Call of Duty 4 - The game is awesome, 'nuff said.

Eye of the North expansion for Guild Wars, but that was ok and not grrrreat. Guild Wars is probably the reason I have been saving money - I love it. :D

Uh... I guess I haven't been getting many new games this year. I got Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and that was an AWESOME game.

Had the most fun with...

1. Assassin's Creed - It's like GTA with swords and horses and free running, tons of fun!

2. Call of Duty 4 - Ridicously fast action and beautiful graphics. Like a good action movie.

3. Rock Band - Even though I just play the guitar part, this game is a boat load of fun.

4. skate. - Sliky-smooth style and moves and complex tricks really make it a game to remember.

5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Extremely atmospheric and creepy. The graphics and sound really draw you in.

6. DiRT - Just how I like it, arcadey-realism on dirt with beautiful locales and cars. Finished career mode 100% and unlocked everything on Pro-Am.

7. The Orange Box - Episode 2 was just full of so many "HOLY SH~T!" moments, story and gameplay wise that I just totally loved it. Portal was pretty sweet, too.

8. Mass Effect - Huge scale, so much detail... Just great stuff.

9. Halo 3 - Just more of the same Halo, good stuff.

I'm going to leave it at 9 because I plan on getting Crysis within a week or so... and I'm pretty sure it's going high on my list. And yes; I left out BioShock... I just didn't enjoy it as much as apparently everyone else did.

1. Ur mr gay (Very fun to play, varied, did I mention fun yet)

2. Orange Box (Portal/TF2, EP2 was quite good but still same shootan)

3. The Witcher (awesome RPG. Great story, great gameplay, great setting)

4. BioShock (very atmospheric, but still the same shootan)

etc.

Ninja edit

1. MASS EFFECT - 'nuff said.

2. Bioshock - Great game. Best "oh snap" moment I think I've ever had in a game.

3. Call of Duty 4 - I'm suprised at how much I liked it.

4. Supreme Commander (and Forged Alliance expansion) - Pure RTS awesomeness.

5. Ace Combat Six - Ace Combat Awesomeness on the 360.

6. Assassin's Creed - Not as spectacular as it should be, but still fun.

7. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I still haven't gotten around to beating the game yet.

8. Crackdown - Great co-op multiplayer. If only they'd make Crackdown 2 and add aerial vehicles and boats.

9. the .hack//G.U. games - .hack rules, period. I still need to finish Vol. 3... been sidetracked with the 360 games.

10. Hitman: Blood Money - My first Hitman game, and I enjoyed it. After playing the Kane & Lynch demo, I'm worried about the next Hitman game.

Honorable mention: Sins of a Solar Empire - Still in beta, but it's just plain awesome. When the Star Wars mod is released, it will rule them all.

The only games I even bought this year were Wii Play, Metroid Prime III, and Guitar Hero III.... Not even enough for a top 5 list. :p

GTFO. No really, leave. Minimum 5 game purchases a year to be a minor gamer. GTFO.

:p But still, wow.

And yes; I left out BioShock... I just didn't enjoy it as much as apparently everyone else did.

I didn't think it was that amazing either, but it's on my list because it's one of the only games I've played from this year. I got Metroid Prime 3 for Christmas, but I haven't played it yet, because I'm still playing through 1 and 2.

GTFO. No really, leave. Minimum 5 game purchases a year to be a minor gamer. GTFO.

:p But still, wow.

I don't think I bought any games this year...

>.>

<.<

*runs*

EDIT: I'm going to assume everyone can guess where the true emphasis lies in my statement.

I don't think I bought any games this year...

>.>

<.<

*runs*

EDIT: I'm going to assume everyone can guess where the true emphasis lies in my statement.

*Looks at Altaïr*

"Sic'em boy!"

Run indeed Señor Wally.

*Re-reads*

*Looks at FBI*

"Sic'em boys!"

Run faster indeed Monsieur Wally.

Archived