Home

Do we REALLY need to know what happened to Revan next?

SilentScope001

The thread title said it all.

The common guess of the ending of the KOTOR series is that the True Sith is going to get destroyed. And that since Revan is a human, he's going to die EVENTUALLY (we all die). Don't go and say Revan's going to go and become an all-mighty Force God who's still alive after 4000 years. Just don't.

And that's about it. Revan enters into the Unknown Regions. What happens to him? Well, I don't know if he will emerge from the Unknown Regions after destroying the True Sith (and then die of old age)...or if he will die during a battle with the True Sith and leave the destruction of the True Sith to The Exile and the third PC. But in the end, if the True Sith dies, does that footnote of what happens to Revan really matters in the end? The True Sith will be destroyed, the galaxy WILL be saved.

I just am a bit upset, after all. People wanting to know what happens to Revan, thereby calling on KOTOR 3 to come...but, from all my apperances, I see no reason to care about Revan...

I don't think it's a requirement. Personally, I'd be happy if I knew what happened to him through references (such as holocrons, datapads, etc), without the character of Revan physically appearing. What I'm more certain about is that the game should not focus on Revan and what happened to him; rather, it should contain subtle references like the ones in K2.

No, I don’t need to know what happened to Revan. However, I must know what happen to the Exile. :D

Really, I don’t care what the game is about, I just want a good compelling story and I want LucasArts to have the game made. I believe the Exile and Revan stories are complete and I would like to move on in a different direction and make another chapter in KOTOR story. That said, I would still purchase the game if it is about Revan or the Exile as I just care that the game is made.

I've seen this pop up so many times and still don't understand this vein of thinking.

Why wouldn't you want to know? He's a main character, he was your character when you first got interested in the series. He's the catalyst for almost everything that happened in that time period, and he should have a part to play in the next game.

I would like to see the True Sith Battles and the Republic, Mandalorians, and maybe even some break away Sith remnants fighting the True Sith(Maybe the True Sith really don't want to share so the regular Sith Troops are like screw this I'm Fighting for the Republic but I'm still a Sith at heart). I would like to see how that all works out and stuff because you know a great war may be lurking soon.

As For Revan I would like to see him as part of KOTOR 3 not as the PC ( I want an average Jedi, a piece of a larger puzzle...like yes they're strong but not be on the scales of what Revan or the Exile was, which was the last hopes, I don't want that for the new PC as well as the whole memory thing) I would think maybe Revan is captured by the TS and the Exile and T3 free him and they make a daring escape(maybe in that instance you could play as the Exile or Revan but for a short little bit at the most)

I would like to see Revan in the Game but he doesn't have to be the main focus I would just like to see if he gets together and stays with Bastila at the end, did they have a kid or something like that(this would happen near the closing credits of course and also depending on how you play the game LS or DS)

Chris Avellone said he could see the present story of KOTOR finishing at IV (I believe he said this, sorry not sure where) if that would be the case III could be finishing up on rebuilding and bulking up troops, worlds and the Republic armada for the big show and then IV could be all the battles or something.

Final point is Revan doesn't absolutly have to be part of or even mentioned if they did make a third game but it's nice to hear about the character we all played as...umm and I mean Revan did play a rather large role in the era that were playing through and he effected many people, worlds and events, so to leave him out would be like a bit of a let down, you know, tiny lil bit, just a smudge.

The common guess of the ending of the KOTOR series is that the True Sith is going to get destroyed.

Common assumption, perhaps. However, I don't see *why* on Earth they have to be in K3. The "True Sith" were never, ever mentioned in K1, and they were only mentioned in TSL at the very end, by no other than Kreia. It just seems odd to me that after having a game series stick to the usual Sith Lords, we're going to throw in "True Sith", whoever they are. They have absolutely nothing to do with KOTOR, except for those three single lines at the very end of TSL.

And that's about it. Revan enters into the Unknown Regions. What happens to him? Well, I don't know if he will emerge from the Unknown Regions after destroying the True Sith (and then die of old age)...or if he will die during a battle with the True Sith and leave the destruction of the True Sith to The Exile and the third PC. But in the end, if the True Sith dies, does that footnote of what happens to Revan really matters in the end? The True Sith will be destroyed, the galaxy WILL be saved.

See above for the True Sith. However, as far as the characters go... TSL and KOTOR were so disconnected that I can't see them meshing both game's characters together like that in the end. This could be the big finale, but the problem is, it hasn't even built up to any kind of finale. KOTOR was a game in itself, and TSL just.... sort of... ended. But now everyone thinks we're going to go rush off to the "Unknown Regions" and kill the uber True Sith, who no one has ever heard of but now.

But nevermind, I don't mean to make a big deal about it. :) I just don't know how it will be done in a way that makes sense.

I just am a bit upset, after all. People wanting to know what happens to Revan, thereby calling on KOTOR 3 to come...but, from all my apperances, I see no reason to care about Revan...

Well, he was kinda the main character that KOTOR centered on, and TSL was loosely built upon. Although I think if you're going to have Revan, you should probably have the Exile. (or vice versa)

Or who knows, the Devs could make it into a totally independent game, and have each KOTOR be more of a standalone game that doesn't really need any of the other two in the series. I just think they'd miss out on opportunity for a strong storyline.

I think we should see Revan and exile in person at some point, but not too much personality from them, because after all, Revan is me and if he starts doing things I wouldn't do then I ain't gonna be happy Lol, personally Revan's departure should be something like trask's in KotOR, go's out in a blaze of glory, with a tomb door closing, and him dueling some bad ass. The exile, should use her obscure power to save you/create a diversion, that way if you want them dead, there dead, if not, they survived and settled on Dantooine and lived happily ever after.

I don't need a conclusion to there stories, but I do want more

I, personally, want to know what happened to Revan. Like has been said before, he's an important, if not, THE most important person in the whole Kotor Era. By the way, I also think it'd be cool if Revan died gloriously. Even better would be if your PC is there to see it happening. I can already imagine Revan (with mask) turning his head and look at the PC for a second, and then sacrificing himself by doing something unbelievably cool.

We know what happen to Revan. He/She went to the Unknown Region to fight the “True Sith,” and since the “True Sith” are not in control of the Galaxy at the start of “The Phantom Menace,” I’d say it was a safe bet he/she won. Now if you want to see how Revan won that is another story, but you already know Revan won.

I can already imagine Revan (with mask) turning his head and look at the PC for a second, and then sacrificing himself by doing something unbelievably cool.
My Revan would never wear the mask again. She is not ashamed of her action as a Jedi or as a Sith Lord. She fears no one.

My Revan would never wear the mask again. She is not ashamed of her action as a Jedi or as a Sith Lord. She fears no one.

The masks needed as not to show his face. Of course, choosing Revan's head at the beginning of the game (using Kotor I's heads) would be a solution.

The masks needed as not to show his face. Of course, choosing Revan's head at the beginning of the game (using Kotor I's heads) would be a solution.
I understand that, but we took the time to create our PC. We gave each on their own personally and morals, so what is the point of playing a RPG game if they are all going to end up in the same place. The Revan I created would never put the mask of her betrayal back own. Your Revan I will assume by your comment would or your Revan might not even see it as mask of betrayal. Either way if the Dev don’t take all of our choices into consideration and force some standardized Revan or Exile down our throats they are betraying the game players that purchase their product.

Well, we all know that there will always be 'true-sith' because Anakin, Bane, Sidious ,ect. are 'true-sith'. So even if Revan destroys the 'true-sith', which I think would be the species, there will always be more of them, in a sense.

I think that we need to know what happened to Revan during his/her journey into the Unknown Regions. Since that in TSL, Revan was talked about leaving into the Unknown Regions, I think that there will be something about what a happened, at the least. I personally wouldn't mind if Revan wasn't the main character in KotOR 3, of course if it ever comes out, I just want to know what happened to him/her.

Vader, Bane, Sidious, Revan, Malak, none of them are true Sith. They all share the title Sith, because all of hem are part of the Sith order. But that order is based on an order ruled by the race called the Sith. Those are True Sith, IMO. Why would Kreia have spoken of True Sith, if she could just call them Sith like anyone else?

Well, we all know that there will always be 'true-sith' because Anakin, Bane, Sidious ,ect. are 'true-sith'.

Well the Sith were according to Wookiepedia were a species see Here

Also I wouldn't call Anakin a 'true-sith' as he was a jedi before hand as Revan wasn't a true sith, so they are more sith acolyte's than full fledged Sith.

So are you saying that Sidious and Bane are just acolytes? And I do happen to know what I was refering to, and did I not state that I thought that the 'True-Sith' where a species? Here:

So even if Revan destroys the 'true-sith', which I think would be the species, there will always be more of them, in a sense.

Sorry that I didn't do such a great job at explaining.

So are you saying that Sidious and Bane are just acolytes?

As far as post hyperspace war Sith go, Bane and Sidious are "true Sith", as they were only Sith, they weren't once Jedi, plus, they were pivotal in realizing the Sith goal.

IMO the word "true" must refer to a breed or heritage, because we already know that the Sith of the films, (and the Sith to achieve Galactic domination) are a linear link to the Sith re-formed by Darth Ruin, the fallen Jedi Phanius, 2000 years after KotOR.

So apart from these "True Sith" being descendants of Adas, Kresh or Sadow, I don't know how there gonna fit in to future events, or what they've done in the past to achieve such a name?

Topic: I would like to see Revan and Exile face off against an armor clad Sith (breed) with a force imbued sword and crystal amulets...

I would like to know what became of Revan. Is Revan dead? Did Revan find what Revan sought in the unknown regions? I would like to know something of Revan's fate.

I guess it all comes down to what LucasArts wants to do with this franchise though. They could take it in a number of directions but I do hope they continue with KotOR in some fashion and that we do get to find out more about Revan's activities during the events of TSL and afterwards.

EDIT:

We know what happen to Revan. He/She went to the Unknown Region to fight the “True Sith,” and since the “True Sith” are not in control of the Galaxy at the start of “The Phantom Menace,” I’d say it was a safe bet he/she won. Now if you want to see how Revan won that is another story, but you already know Revan won.
While true that the "True Sith" are not in control of the galaxy at the start of TPM, I submit we have no idea whether or not it was Revan who defeated them, especially since we really don't know who the "True Sith" are. Additionally, after reviewing Star Wars: The New Essential Chronogy there is no mention of Jedi involvement in galaxy events after the TSL story until 3670 BBY, or a period of around 280 years. We also know that the Sith did rear their heads in galaxy events on more than one occasion between the time of TSL and the time of TPM. We just don't know if these are the "True Sith" or not.

I would like to know what became of Revan. Is Revan dead? Did Revan find what Revan sought in the unknown regions? I would like to know something of Revan's fate.

I guess it all comes down to what LucasArts wants to do with this franchise though. They could take it in a number of directions but I do hope they continue with KotOR in some fashion and that we do get to find out more about Revan's activities during the events of TSL and afterwards.

Agreed, I Don't understand why we haven't had a Third installment "yet"...

Didn't both games get like 50 game of the year awards? I'd of thought LA would of pushed for another sooner than now.

I understand that, but we took the time to create our PC. We gave each on their own personally and morals, so what is the point of playing a RPG game if they are all going to end up in the same place. The Revan I created would never put the mask of her betrayal back own. Your Revan I will assume by your comment would or your Revan might not even see it as mask of betrayal. Either way if the Dev don’t take all of our choices into consideration and force some standardized Revan or Exile down our throats they are betraying the game players that purchase their product.

My Revan wouldn't even leave the galaxy letting the Republic self-implode. If anything, he might very well ally with the True Sith, and let the True Sith take over the galaxy. You know, stablity. Why bother fighting forever? Let evil win, for crying out loud!

But, of course, that didn't happen.

Sure, having control over alignment and gender is great, and we need that. But having control over faces and over stuff doesn't seem appealing, as it merely just waste time needlessly. You're going to have to admit that we will lose control over some stuff.

Archived