Home

Merry Christmas

Lantzen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas!

What sort of customs does everyone observe at Christmas time?

At our house, we usually put up our Christmas tree about a week or so before Christmas and decorate it. On Christmas Eve, the Jimbo, the kids, and I read the Christmas story out of Luke and then give our presents to each other. We have a candlelight service at our church around 4pm (which unfortunately I'll miss this year because I work until 4pm an hour from home). We'll have a nice dinner and then we're going to drive over to "Christmas Lane", which is a street in our town where everyone decorates their houses in a lot of lights--looks very pretty (I'm glad I don't have their electric bill in January....) I usually go to Midnight Mass with my dad and stepmother--we enjoy the service very much. After that I go home and cheerfully sleep late. The kids will wake us up to open the little gifts that 'Santa' has left in our stockings. We usually have a special breakfast and then play some of the games the kids have received as gifts. Then we typically go to my aunt's and uncle's house in the afternoon to enjoy the holiday with the extended family. This year, they're in Arizona, so my dad and his wife are hosting the Christmas party. We exchange more gifts, eat way too much food (crown roast is on the menu) and cookies (including pecan crescents and baklava), and talk for several hours to catch up on family news or play some games like Taboo or Uno. Later we'll go home and just enjoy the rest of the evening together and play more games.

Merry Christmas, Everyone.

What sort of customs does everyone observe at Christmas time?
Work!:(

My mother is the Martha Stewart of Christmas. Everything in her home has to be perfect both inside and out. Therefore, I will get up tomorrow, Christmas Eve, and work in her yard until it is to her liking. Then I will drive across town and back to help with the inside preparation. “Bah-Humbug!” It is even worst this year as my parents retired and now I’m not only the cheap labor I am the financer. Then 20-25 of my least favorite relatives will arrive for me to entertain Christmas Day. Yet, I still do it for my Mother and that is the true meaning of Christmas. Selfless stupid acts to make her and my stepdad enjoy the season while I suffer in misery. Hope everyone has a good one.

We don't put up trees or lights either

You aren't the only one. My family doesn't put up a tree or lights for numerous reasons.. but we all get a gift, which is the nice part. :)

it's my birthday today, im turning 19

Happy Birthday! It's actually my little sister's Birthday too!

Anyways, have a safe Christmas everybody!

Uno.

I love Uno!

Well this year I've still got to do some shopping today (Xmas Eve) because I only got paid today...Just a few last minute things, then we'll get those wrapped and ready under the tree which was put up aaages ago lolz

Tomorrow we'll just open our presents in the morning, play with them if necessary hehe, have a good breakfast, watch some Xmas movies and talk n stuff, and then it's amazing Turkey time!!!

After that we'll enjoy our movies and presents more and go to bed methinks...

I'm gonna spend Christmas day at my Grandmothers, as I haven't seen her at Christmas for years (plus I've got some work to do today and Boxing day, so I cant make it to my Parents this year)

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you all are well, and have a great Holiday :noel:

Merry Christmas everyone.

My usual holiday festivities include watching the kids open gifts, eating a huge meal, passing out on the couch with some christmas show on, waking up to friends that stumbled over, laughing with them for a while until I again pass out in front of a TV that is mysteriously changed to some gory movie. My wife decorated the tree, only because she has a bit of a "monicaism" about it. It has to be decorated perfectly. My usual job was to decorate the outside of the house, but this year we moved in December, and I just couldn't find the lights(in the box labeled "Outside lights" in the garage next to my tool chest hehe). Darn the luck:D

Gah, it's all too soon! I've not even got a Christmas-themed avatar up...

{two church services, lots of relatives, visiting multiple houses}

Yuck! :xp:

Much more thankfully quiet Christmas for me. Typically it involves waking up late, consuming copious amounts of sugar cookies, and then visiting relatives (in small numbers, tiny family) to exchange waaay more presents than everyone needs to be happy. Following which I proceed to consume half my body weight in a second Thanksgiving dinner, and then go off to play with my new toys until next year while stuffing any desire for spiritual rather than material fulfillment in the trash along with the wrapping paper. :D

but we all get a gift

Good gods eastern Washington is a backwards place... even their schools should be teaching children to distinguish between the singular and plural tenses.

Where I live, we have 'Sinterklaas' at December 5th instead of Christmas. It's practically the same thing. Just google the two names and look for similarities :)

Anyways, Christmas in Holland is a...family thing I think. Although the way you guys celebrate it is slowly coming up here as well. :)

Anyways...traditions...we eat some with the family, go visit other family. Me and my brother then go to the local youthplace/pub to celebrate with our friends. Quit cool actually :D

Merry Christmas everyone! :darthx:

Archived