Home

Merry Christmas

Lantzen

I'll be working til 6pm today (christmas eve), then i'll be home and change my clothes, and go downstairs and party w/my landlords and my parents. my landlord's wife is an awesome cook, so i'm really looking forward to eating. :D Tomorrow going over to my parents' (4 miles away) with my sister and her boyfriend, open up presents, eat lunch, watch movies and tv, play games and stuff.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miltiades wrote:

@Ztalker: I don't get anything from "De Sint" anymore. Too old, they say. :(

Not even some salt? :xp:

We just celebrated it with the family...bought some gifts for eachother..

Anyways, I'll be off to celebrate with my friends in a few hours. Merry Christmas in advance!

Much more thankfully quiet Christmas for me. Typically it involves waking up late, consuming copious amounts of sugar cookies, and then visiting relatives (in small numbers, tiny family) to exchange waaay more presents than everyone needs to be happy. Following which I proceed to consume half my body weight in a second Thanksgiving dinner, and then go off to play with my new toys until next year while stuffing any desire for spiritual rather than material fulfillment in the trash along with the wrapping paper. :D
Devon you are an undead after my own evol heart. I suggest we team up and rule/oppress/destroy the material plane.

Merry christmas everyone. :D

Well i live in Sweden

Hmm, christmas traditions...

We are at my brothers house with some of the family, it's a littel diffrent from year to year who are there, but usaly most of the closest family. Then we eat during the day, and later at the day we watch Kalle Anka (Donald Duck) that is on TV, it's pretty much a normal Swedish christmas tradition, they have christmas special episode with scenes from some of the classic Disney movies and one new. And sometime after that the Santa arrives and give the children there presents. And the rest give there present to each others, i buy to my brothers and sister, and parents. Then we just chill :D

Edit: Wait a second, don't we celebrate at the same day ? Some of the post above confuse me ^^ Here we celebrate christmas at the 24

Edit2: After a quck wikipedia serch i saw that we don't celebrate the same day as most of the world. We in Sweden is maybe a littel odd:)

Merry Christmas-eve all :) Or at least here in Sweden we celebrate in Christmas-eve :p

Traditionally we cook food, pick the Turkeys and stuff from 13.00 til' when the guests arrive, that is about 18.00. Of course, we watch Donald Duck at 15.00 :D and about 18.30 we eat a big dinner with all the family, and a lot of cousins, uncles and aunts.. The whole big family are there, so to say. At about 22.00, I dress up as santa and some of my cousins in my age do so to, and we give away all the presents that lies under the Christmas Tree. 23.00 the guests are gone, my parents drink the last drops of Vodka and talks, my little sister is asleep and I try out my new games and graphics cards I've got :)

Good gods eastern Washington is a backwards place... even their schools should be teaching children to distinguish between the singular and plural tenses.

Devon, Devon... :(

It is possible they all receive a singular gift that is to be shared between them.

We all receive ONE gift. Simple and sweet. No need to go broke for things that are not even going to get used exept for taking up space in the rafters...

A merry Christmas and already a happy new year!

Work!:(

You know, working at commerce makes you feel not so hyped about christmas, work 'til late on december 24th. Just got out of that cave and I'm about to head to my girl's house, sing a few songs, and then comes the well deserved turkey!

Well, see ya. It's 10:35 here yet, so I've got some time until the Christmas here.

Devon you are an undead after my own evol heart. I suggest we team up and rule/oppress/destroy the material plane.

Samuel will rule the world.

With all his fifty-four hit dice,

Nothing is impossible.

:max:

(I'd have included myself, but that would've made the blasted thing too long. But rest assured sir we will tyrannize the Prime Material together before destroying it.)

No need to go broke for things that are not even going to get used exept for taking up space in the rafters...

That's a very baseless statement. Anyone here who's received more than one gift would asseverate otherwise.

Anyone here who's received more than one gift would asseverate otherwise.
Well, the kids will get more than one each in the morning. And so shall I, more than likely.

I'm going to have a lie-in, though, and I won't be available to the general public - or anyone else, as it were - before lunchtime. :cool:

That's a very baseless statement. Anyone here who's received more than one gift would asseverate otherwise.

I dunno, I have kids, never wear ties, 90% of my clothes are black, I really wouldn't mind a singular gift if it was good enough. Say an 08 ZR1 Vette with 600+ HP... Bah who am I kidding, I'd be happy with a new game. So long as its not some singing Santa sweater... UGH!!!

Hey 12 minutes until the official Christmas day now hehe.

Merry Christmas everyone!

What sort of customs does everyone observe at Christmas time?

Nothing special really. Since only one person in my close family is a Christian (and that's by marriage), Christmas is only an excuse for everyone to get together and spend some time with each other. There's always a tree (hey, there's young children, we have to :p), decent food, a cake and a gift exchange. Pretty much a good evening spent with family members in joy and harmony. Hey, that's pretty Christmas-y :D

Archived