Home

Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod

Inyri

It's been a year and a half in the making, but here it is finally. Recruitable Kay provides a new character for your KotOR experience, replacing Juhani, and includes full voiced dialogue, a three-planet side quest, and a new experience. Kay will join you on Tatooine if you decide to use her and will remain with you til the end of the game. She's also not shy, so if you bring her with be prepared to hear her speak just like any other character would!

Make sure to check out Shem's lengthy review for more details, and as always read the read-me! It's very important to make sure everything works properly. :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About to install this; BTW, isn't the original saber model with a new hilt the same (if my eyes aren't decieving me, that is)? Looks cool either way!
Not sure I get what you mean. I made the hilt toward the end of the modding process. It's one of the few hilts I've done that were original designs.

Hey Inyri,

Looking great, but when I try to install I get an error.

Any idea what might be causing it?

This is the error I am talking about; Error <-- Click me

Thanks in advance,

Ghost Down

I had that problem while I was beta testing, I did tell Inyri about it.

The file in question "Localization.mod" isn't actually in the "backup" folder, If I remember correctly it's in the "Override" folder, so go into that and copy and paste it into the folder it should be. ;)

Hey Inyri,

Looking great, but when I try to install I get an error.

Any idea what might be causing it?

This is the error I am talking about; Error <-- Click me

Thanks in advance,

Ghost Down

I'm sorry, I'm not real great at reading... whatever language that is. Sounds like the gist of it is "omg I can't make a backup of this file, CRY!" which isn't as bad as it sounds. :p

It should have installed the file, but failed to make a backup for it (if you desperately need one you should be able to pull it off of your install discs, although the modified localization.mod should have no ill effects on your game even should you uninstall the mod). If for some reason localization.mod *didn't* get installed, you'll know right away when Kay doesn't have any lip synching. Localization.mod can be manually installed if need be -- just put it in the lips folder (make a backup copy of the original localization.mod if you like, just for safe keeping).

And Zionosis, I totally don't remember you telling me that. :confused:

Archived