Home

Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod

Inyri

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went through the ENTIRE grounds of Tattooine, The MAndo was at the gate, and I fought the dark jedi. but I never saw kay anywhere on tat

The dialog that spawns (inserts) Kay in-game is tat17_darkjedi01.dlg. Check for that file in your override folder. Maybe you overwrite it later with same file of another mod. Check in the only spoken line "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris ..." if script spawn_kay is fired there.

Kay should appear running to you when you fight the dark jedi.

hope that helps Guffin :)

The dialog that spawns (inserts) Kay in-game is tat17_darkjedi01.dlg. Check for that file in your override folder. Maybe you overwrite it later with same file of another mod. Check in the only spoken line "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris ..." if script spawn_kay is fired there.

Kay should appear running to you when you fight the dark jedi.

hope that helps Guffin :)

I have both of those files in there and I started a new game but still nothin

Well I found my problem :/

After I used TSL patcher. I would drag-drop everything from the folders in the Recruit Kay folder, to the ovverride folders. WHICH ALSO meant I was dragging the data from "backup" into there... which screwed it up...

<--Moron...

ty 4 trying 2 help :D

Edit: Well... now there's a new problem... I ran the tsl installer. then dragged the .nss files from Source into ovveride and ran the game. I started a new game and got to Tattooine. fought the dark jedi and kay's name came out... with kay's gravity field and being with it... but no ksay. and when I clicked to talk the game crashed...

I think source is my problem....

hey Inyri. i did your mod, and when i talked to the master there was a screen above her hed saying wrong modules, and talk to the mod manager

LOD, I have deleted your repeated spam and bump post. Sorry if you aren't getting a response but please refrain from double posting and 'bumping' threads around here, no more ok? Thanks. -RH

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I too got the "This conversation node ends in either a end node or a continue node. Please contact a designer" message. However I've completed the mandalorian quest that solved the previous poster's problem about the subject and I'm still getting the same popup...any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there something you have to do before kay's first dialogue tree starts? I leveled up using kse and she still doesn't offer any dialogue options other than "Do you know anything about this planet?" I used kse to get my pc to 20 when i first talked to her, but i used it to get me back down, is that where the glitch originates from?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

DL'd the mod the other day after buying K1 again (steam this time) I really enjoyed it, finished quest before Leviathan. However, I've encountered a problem that I never have before on K1.

I cannot get passed the Load Screen that comes right after destroying the fighters as you escape from the Leviathan. It freezes right when the load bar gets to the end. I've tried the following:

Did the "bug fix" of lev40 carth dlg thats included in the initial DL. (Swapped the files before the first fight, also tried between fights)

Disable Sound

Disabled Movies

Disabled AA/Etc

Lowered Screen Resolution (tried them all, even 640 x480)

Ran in compatibility for Win XP, (sp2, and sp3)

Disabled Visual Themes

set Affinity to 1 core (I've got a quad). even tried 2 core

I've disabled Auto Save too.

I'm not sure if my problem is tied to your mod (the only one installed) but when I played K1 a few years ago stock no mods, I never encountered this particular problem.

I've literally tried every fix I could find when it comes to K1 and crashes.

Any help?

DL'd the mod the other day after buying K1 again (steam this time) I really enjoyed it, finished quest before Leviathan. However, I've encountered a problem that I never have before on K1.

I cannot get passed the Load Screen that comes right after destroying the fighters as you escape from the Leviathan. It freezes right when the load bar gets to the end. I've tried the following:

Did the "bug fix" of lev40 carth dlg thats included in the initial DL. (Swapped the files before the first fight, also tried between fights)

Disable Sound

Disabled Movies

Disabled AA/Etc

Lowered Screen Resolution (tried them all, even 640 x480)

Ran in compatibility for Win XP, (sp2, and sp3)

Disabled Visual Themes

set Affinity to 1 core (I've got a quad). even tried 2 core

I've disabled Auto Save too.

I'm not sure if my problem is tied to your mod (the only one installed) but when I played K1 a few years ago stock no mods, I never encountered this particular problem.

I've literally tried every fix I could find when it comes to K1 and crashes.

Any help?

You played till Leviathan without crashes? when u finished game before u did it with another videocard/computer? changed videocard by chance from your last playthrough? :raise:

u running win7 or Vista? Vista is known to be problematic with Kotor/TSL, more than win7 as far as I know ... :)

Actually yeah. I figure if I got that far into the game, it wouldn't be my computer.

Win7 64bit, Radeon 4870

Last time I played, I was Win XP, Nvidia 8800GT.

It was practically flawless gameplay untill the load screen after the escape from Leviathan.

Be nice if KOTOR gave a bug report, to know what exactly caused it to stop running. :|

• 1 year later...

For some reason, Kay's voice isn't working. The game is skipping over all her voiced lines and acting as if the mod is un-voiced. I've no idea why its doing this.

I've installed both the patch and the soundfix and still no change. the lipsync works perfectly, I just cant get the actual voice to work. instead of hearing anything, when I try to talk to Kay the game speeds through the dialogue until it gets to my responses again.

I've tried re-installing the mod as well and no change.

I am using the mac app store version of the game, would that have any bearing on this? My computer is a macbook pro late 2011 (as in december of 2011) with system 10.7.4.

hopefully this problem gets resolution...otherwise i'll be down a party member. (dead juhani!)

Mac version is the problem. Some parts are simply incompatible and require TSLPatcher (.exe file) to work. Unfortunately, Mac's can't run .exe's without external resources, and even then, it will most likely not work since the Mac package is slightly different from the WIndows

I'm using CrossOver games to run the TSLPatcher, but thanks for the heads up on it not working.

It looks like such fun, i'm wondering if the mod would still work even without any voice. most likely not however.

Archived