Home

Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod

Inyri

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't give installation support. You can not simply manually install the mod, as is. Several people have made mention that the installer isn't working for them (for whatever reason -- no one seems willing to give me details so as a result there's nothing I can do). I will put together a manual install of it (which I will post up on my site's forums, so please look for it there and not here), but it will not have nearly the compatibility as the installer version will. You'll need to install it in a clean override and ad in your other mods from there. Of course that's what I would recommend even to those using the patcher...

Yeah, I'm sure I did, it was a while ago, but I could have sworn I told you, hmm...
In that case I'm sure you did. The fact that I don't remember you telling me doesn't necessarily mean anything. My mind's a slippery thing. :p

Brought over from the other closed thread...

Hi,

Downloaded Kay and it is beautiful, but just wondering. I picked her up on Tatooine and killed the Chief. I went straight to Komad and after the first statement (no matter what I picked) all I get is the "Shh...footfalls..." reply from him. No banthas will spawn, he won't say anything else, and naturally.... I'm stuck.

I've never seen this before from Komad (I have the fodder, etc.) until I downloaded Kay. Is this a bug from the mod?

Thanks.

It's a possibility. I had some problems with that dialogue earlier. However I've heard from some people that finished the mod already and they did not report any similar errors. Had you ever talked to Komad before that part of the game? (If you want a temporary bug fix, just delete the dialogue file from your override folder).

Deleted the dialogue and zipped right on through. Much thanks. :)

Sorry, I hadn't stopped into the hunters club, and was doing a darkside approach to the game.

Also, after whacking Freyyar and going to see Chundaar, he's not wanting to give Zaalbar back. He takes the blade, gives me a reward, and lets me repeat my requests, but now bladeless.

Much thanks.

I've encountered something odd.

Kay's lightsaber seems to have replaced Master Quatras blue lightsaber.

The icon for the saber is the same, as is the icon for the saber crystal.

However, when i go to a workbench to upgrade said saber, the saber hilt and blede i see is that of Kays saber.

I haven't tried equipping the saber yet, just thought i should tell you baout this little oddity.

Edit: Just noticed that the Tatooine Starmap quest is still on the quest menu after i've collected the map coordinates as the datapad with the coordinates is in the quest item menu.

Kay's lightsaber seems to have replaced Master Quatras blue lightsaber.
Is that some kind of mod?
Just noticed that the Tatooine Starmap quest is still on the quest menu after i've collected the map coordinates as the datapad with the coordinates is in the quest item menu.
I don't think that would have anything to do with anything I would have done, tbh.

Then they're probably not compatible. Don't include bug reports if you don't intend to include the necessary information.

In any case, Kay's lightsaber uses model number 238 and WotOR's Quatre's saber uses model number 207 -- they should not be incompatible unless you've changed something. Kay should be fully compatible with WotOR -- Shem and I made certain before it was uploaded.

Inyri, I just have one quick question. I installed this mod, but my journal seems to have one blank entry that won't go away. I assume it has to do with this mod because every time a new journal entry was added after something happened while tackling this quest, the empty entry has the purple border around that signifies something new was added to it. I was also wondering if anything else happens in this quest after you talk with Lynara while Kay is in your party.

No one else has reported any problems with the journal. Were you using a mod that already had a journal entry?

As for Lynara, if you received the rewards for the quest, it's done. There are still more journal entries, though, as the journal is not tied to the side-quest, but to Kay herself. And she still has more to talk about. :)

inyri, is your mod compatible with Allronix's dialogue pack and Master Kavar's Bastila and Female Revan mod? I ask because your mod use unk44_evilbast.dlg from Allronix's dialogue pack and dan14_cutscene.dlg from Master Kavar's Bastila and Female Revan mod. I have one last actually, is the global.jrl what monitors the journal entries?

In its full form? Probably not. I've used Allronix's mod, but I'm not familiar with Master Kavar's. However if the dialogues in conflict are not one of the ones I noted in the read-me as being required, they are not crucial for my mod to function so you can go ahead and overwrite them. You only risk hearing Juhani's voice in those dialogues instead of Kay's. Solution: don't bring Kay with at those times. :p

i am guessing the unk44_evilbast.dlg is the dialogue from dark side bastila on rakatan temple, but I have no idea which cutscene dan14_cutscene.dlg refers to.

edit: your mod's installer just skipped the *.dlg files that were already present in my override folder. will that have the same effect as overwriting yours with alronix's and master kavar's *.dlg files?

edit: your mod's installer just skipped the *.dlg files that were already present in my override folder. will that have the same effect as overwriting yours with alronix's and master kavar's *.dlg files?
Basically. I didn't set them to overwrite with this kind of circumstance in mind. If you already had those mods installed, then my mod will not have overwritten any dialogues you previously had except the few that are set to overwrite.

I noticed something odd with the resolution of the Kashyyyk feud. The dialogue between the Wookies comes up, I side with Freyyr and the dialogue ends, I get LS points and... no combat beings. Speak to Chuundar again and the cycle repeats but no combat. Trying to cut and paste the kas23_chuunda_01.dlg out of my override to see if it changes anything... and combat begins normally when that file is removed.

I'm having a similar problem on the Leviathan ... after I defeat Malak for the second time the scene jumps to the Dialogue between Carth, Bastilla, and Myself just before we're taken aboard the ship - discussing Saul and deciding whom to have rescue us. When that conversation ends (for this second time) I am left standing next to a non responsive Malak with nothing to do.

Not sure what I need to do to fix this, some help would be appreciated.

Well, I found a way around it - I removed the "lev40_carth.dlg" file before the second duel and once I finished the second pass with Malak the scene continued as it was supposed to, with Bastilla running in to save the day.

Removing the file did make movement difficult and I had to navigate around by clicking on door controls - since mouse movement became inopperable - but I got there. After the scene with Bastilla and Malak I had to put the file back, otherwise the game would crash while escaping on the Ebon Hawk.

I hope that helps anyone who comes here with the problem in the future.

Archived