Home

Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod

Inyri

I'll find out what happens when i do two things and i'll edit this post after.

1: Adding the 'new' Kay to my team.

Edit: Well, just added the 'new' Kay to the team. Her convo was exactly the same as on Tatooine.

2: Not adding the 'new' Kay to my team.

Edit: Don't know if this has anything to do with the mod, but in two different saves i found this when i tred to use the KSE to look at the quest list.

I click on it and the KSE stops working and shuts down.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/Danyael27/?action=view&current=BigProblem.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Great mod, thanks!

Only a small ask for help. A blank quest entry appeared in my quest log and I think it may be related to the Kay Mod, I think it appeared after I talked with Kay for a few times (although I think the main Kay quest is not started yet). I deleted in KSE all visible quest entries, but this one remains. Is there a way how to find which is the entry related to?

Thanks

I can imagine that might happen if you aren't using my journal file. Did you choose not to when you installed?

I run TSLPatcher.exe and it installed without errors. What is the journal file? Global.jrl?

Good point! I checked some lines in your journal and it that in my Override folder and they are missing. I should correct it.

Damned! I used JRLMerger.exe before to merge changes done by various mods (including your) and these from RedHawke's mods. But it I made something wrong... so again... and I have more complete journal! :)

The quest entry is no longer blank it is named "Tag-Along", which is an improvement :) But it has no description. I hope it updates once the Kay's quest moves forward.

Thanks for your help, InyriForge!

Well, I noticed something on my second (proper, ie no warping around) playthrough with your mod. When I encounter the Duros on Tatooine re Bastila's mom, he sends me to the cantina.......but NO mom. Also got the blank journal entry for Tag-along in this current game. However, though I don't recall getting a "..replace w/this file" mssg, I imagine there must be a file conflict w/one of the other mods I installed since the first time. Overall, a nice addition (though the snd is a little uneven....a problem I've noticed with one or two other mods that included voice overs). Nice touch with the twilek master at the academy. Makes the enclave a little less lifeless/sterile.

Not offhand no, sorry.I can change it in the next patch if people care. :p

Why would you do so? The only change I'd do would be to change Kay's class. So she is not the same sentinel as stupid Bastila. But I really don't care much, because it will be a long time, before I play KOTOR again (after I finish this game) :) .

Well as far as I'm aware people state that one of the only Jedi folks ever use in their party is Bastila because the rest are 'weak' or somesuch. So it seemed ideal to emulate what people already like to make the character more appealing to use. :p

If she just talked about her sister then you have one more dialogue tier to go through before the quest will start. Once she talks the next time make sure to head back to Dantooine. You need to do the quest before you go to the Leviathan if you want to get the XP/rewards.

Just making a quick note that the v1.01 patch was just released. Check the first post for a link.

Recruitable Kay was actually a fun mod to play. It was very easy to initiate and she was an okay Jedi character. The only Pet Peeve I have with Kay is that she doesn't seem very special as a character. She seems just like a typical jedi character and doesn't deliver anything special to the group. But I like how this was practically one of the only voiced recruitment mods.

So good job all around InyriForge. I have been a fan of your Jk mods and now am a fan of your Kotor mods

or some reason i dont know why dialog "tat17_10czerk_01.dlg" included in this patch not working 4 me...

it seem that protocol officer cannot answer the question about "i want to ask about hunting license", "i want to ask about czerka corp" and "anything out of ordinary happening?"...

then i compared inyri's "tat17_10czerk_01.dlg" with the unaltered one and i found that the answer for those questions was missing...

can you solve this?

Had the same problem where the Czerka officer on Tatooine wouldn't talk about the hunting lincense (with everytime I clicked on 'and how do I get a hunting linense' conversation optinion the consvation just ended). However I just temporalily removed that file from my override and then talked to her, and conversation worked again, and I got the hunting lincense, and then put it back afterwards, so that will be a temporary solution to the problem for any who encounter it (until it gets fixed through a patch or some such), otherwise great mod Inryi thanks for all your hard work

i was wondering if you could do an optional compatabilty patch for you mod so 2 work nicely togehter for people like me who wants both installed together!!

reason im asking is brothers uses a global.jrl themselves and since you install doesnt patch it i can fully install you mod with brothers installed!!

I've gotten several reports that Kay and BoS work perfectly fine together. As a result no compatibility patch is needed. If you want both journal files use the JRL merger.
Yep, works fine for me! I just love running around as my female Sith Lord with Kay & Matilda; 2 of the greatest recruits ever made IMHO, so good work guys.

Had the same problem where the Czerka officer on Tatooine wouldn't talk about the hunting lincense (with everytime I clicked on 'and how do I get a hunting linense' conversation optinion the consvation just ended). However I just temporalily removed that file from my override and then talked to her, and conversation worked again, and I got the hunting lincense, and then put it back afterwards, so that will be a temporary solution to the problem for any who encounter it (until it gets fixed through a patch or some such), otherwise great mod Inryi thanks for all your hard work

I encouted likely problems through the game and the solution was also always the same - to temporary remove a dialog file. It is annying never the less.

Archived