Home

[K1/K2] Start Up

Christos K

I have again been trying to fix my issue of Kotor on vista. Now I can use a saved game that someone gives to me but I have to edit in KSE and that can be annoying. SO I was wondering if some could make a mod for both K1 and TSL that when you start up the game instead of going to the Usual Menu with either Malak for K1 or Traya, Sion or Nihilus for TSL you will have the New Game menu but you can click the back button and it will go to the other menu. Thanks! :) :)

If that is true than I will try to find another way to fix my problem. I just have no idea why it runs crappy like that on the main menu. It runs fun on Load Game, Options, Movies, Music menu. For the first KotOR the runs smooth on most of the maps, on TSL it is running very very smooth. But the damn start up menu is messed up. Ok this might not be illegal. Can someoen remove the fog/smoke/dust on the Start Up menu for both K1 and TSL? If that is legal I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Also if there is fog on New Game menu can you get rid of it too? Thanks again!

I know what you're talking about, Christos... most computers (including my own) have issues drawing excessive smoke/fog. For some reason, every once in a while my game becomes unplayable due to the amount of fog effects on some maps, because on my computer fog/smoke registers as a solid object as opposed to just an effect.

As to remove it, no idea. I wish the option was on the graphics menu, like grass or shadows...

Hmm... Ok this is a little bigger than what I am already asking but can someone remove all smoke/fog from both games (This includes smoke that comes from broken droids) except for dust storms and might occur on Tantooine for K1. And for places where the smoke/fog can affect you it still will but you just cant see it. For example on Peragus where you have to activate the Shield in order to keep safe when walking through that smoke (which will not be there any more but you will still be affected) and on Manaan in the Sith base where you have to go through that red gas it will still affect you but not be there anymore. If there is a fix that someone has made, or something very simmilar please tell me it. Thanks in advance to everything.

Archived