Home

Merry Christmas

Darth_Linux

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

http://darkforces.jediknight.net/index2.shtml

Although we were not able to finish all 14 levels, I'm sure you'll appreciate what we were able to finish. Perhaps some of you can pick up where we left off.

Warning! this version does have some bugs. We'll be releasing a "bug fix patch" in the next few weeks to correct what we can, and then an "extras" pack that has bonus artwork, music, sounds, etc. for levels we started but never finished.

The license to use these assets will be the GNU GPL, which means you may freely use any of the assets contained in the mod for your own projects, AS LONG AS you give full credit to the original creator of the content (found in the contacts.txt file).

I hope you enjoy the project. I thank all of you deeply for your continued support over these last 5 years. Please enjoy the work we present to you, the Star Wars gaming community! Viva la George Lucas!

Darth_Linux

I'm working diligently to get the demo uploaded, but I have 150MB worth of CGI videos that refuse to play at the proper times and I before I ask half the world to download a 450MB game i'd like to make it worth your while and not have the hosting machines crash and burn . . . . it boils down to just a few scripts to fix and then we can get on with it :/ stay tuned, i'll try again Thursday.

6 levels of this quality, of the original Dark Forces, is more than any of us could have hoped for. The first three levels (second demo) were so good I've played them over and over and over. DF was my first ever FPS. Seeing it in the JA engine was like a dream come true.

Thanks a million, guys. The only compensation you get for something like this is the kudos from others. Hopefully you get a bunch!!

Uhm i dunno why, but with the 6 level one, nothing works correctly.

No letters show on menus, half my models don't have skins.

Menu issues are the biggest kick tho.

Followed install intructions to the letter, had zero problem or errors/bugs with the 3 demo version.

"shrugs" okay, time to cry now.

make sure you didn't extract into your "base" folder, but a new folder under Game Data called dfmod or whatever you want. Also, make sure your shortcut looks something like this:

C:\games\ja\GameData\jasp.exe +set fs_game dfmod

You can't load the MOD from Jedi Academy's LOAD MOD option - it doesn't work correctly.

These 6 levels are AWESOME. Darkforces is the best in it's series because of a few reason...

-no lightsaber (i prefer blasters)

-Galactic Empire is still there

-i dont like jedi

To bad it is not the full 14 level, but you guys did a tremendous job. Recently i finished DF using dosbox, but these 6 levels are very very good.

Thanks guys

Dear me, I've still got this account...?

Good. I must pop in to congratulate you guys on finally making this release. The project has been running for a while now, and although recreating DF in full provided a challenge too severe I'm amazed you've made it this far. Again, a congratulations is in order!

Will there be an updated release of the music suite?

Yeah, I'm still here. I will do another demo suite with ALL the music (including bosses and the last two levels). WHEN I'll be able to get around to it is another matter.

Plus I need to fix the DMS.dat file as well...

Yeah, I'm still here. I will do another demo suite with ALL the music (including bosses and the last two levels). WHEN I'll be able to get around to it is another matter.

Plus I need to fix the DMS.dat file as well...

Could there please also be a release of the converted and cleaned up MIDI files? I've never been able to get the original GMID files to convert correctly, all instruments are piano and the stalk/fight transitions are all mixed in weirdly. I think you've rendered the original music very well but it would be fun to play with the orchestration and try to make it "bigger". When I hear what Clint Bajakian did in Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb I wish the Dark Forces score could be beefed up.

Archived