Home

New temporary beta release.

JRHockney*

Well we didnt quite make the deadline we were going for. I've been out of town and darth die has been swamped trying to get everything done. Well, today I get home and the more I check over whats been done, the more I release we needed to do...on christmas day... I ended up busy with family and friends for half of the day and so i could hardly help with the little things :p

Well, since we still have things to do for balance and a few features we were hoping to add, rather than make this a big release like we had originally planned, we'll just do a beta release for testing. There will be a big release VERY SOON most likely.

Heres darths more updated installer: http://files.filefront.com/InstallOJPEnhancedexe/;9327697;/fileinfo.html

Sorry I'm just out of time and energy and its the middle of the night. Have fun.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remember to remove all of your other stuff before you put these in.

New features include:

-Reload system for guns

-Tweaked damage and clip sizes

-Tweaked jump height and velocity

-New push and pull physics

-New weapon: T-21 blaster rifle

-New skill: Clone rifle upgrade

-New menu done by UDM (awesome job nig)

-Tweaked animations - countless frames have been changed to be more balanced, and to differ the styles from oneanother. Red is now faster to combo, but slower to go out of a bounce and has slower windups for example.

-New backparry animation by JackBaldy/Wytchking -will the real slim shady, please stand up (nice work)

-New diagonal left and right parry animations á la episode 3 by JackBaldy

-New quickparry button that lets you fool your opponent into thinking that you're not parrying and he is comboing, so as to make your opponent's mishap meter go flying up.

-Tweaked mishap levels for guns

-Clip sizes dependant on gun level

-Tweaked deflecting and reflecting

-Countless of small tweaks to the weapon and saber effects

-New moviesaber types (I think this was greyraven's work)? that can be accessed via console using:

-CG_moviesabertype 1-5

and much more. Go forth and try this new release nigs, it's damn awesome.

Just remember to remove all of your other stuff before you put these in.

New features include:

-Reload system for guns

-Tweaked damage and clip sizes

-Tweaked jump height and velocity

-New push and pull physics

-New weapon: T-21 blaster rifle

-New skill: Clone rifle upgrade

-New menu done by UDM (awesome job nig)

-Tweaked animations - countless frames have been changed to be more balanced, and to differ the styles from oneanother. Red is now faster to combo, but slower to go out of a bounce and has slower windups for example.

-New backparry animation by JackBaldy (nice work)

-New diagonal left and right parry animations á la episode 3 by JackBaldy

-New quickparry button that lets you fool your opponent into thinking that you're not parrying and he is comboing, so as to make your opponent's mishap meter go flying up.

-Tweaked mishap levels for guns

-Clip sizes dependant on gun level

-Tweaked deflecting and reflecting

-Countless of small tweaks to the weapon and saber effects

and much more. Go forth and try this new release nigs, it's damn awesome.

aight dogg, imma dee/ell this motha rite now yo

New backparry animation by JackBaldy (nice work)

I am pretty sure that all the back block animations are from Wytch King. Although I haven't checked myself (last time I checked, all of his were used, and mine were just used for testing purposes).

And as you wanted Hocks . . . here is the installer o.o

http://files.filefront.com/InstallOJPEnhancedr585exe/;9327107;/fileinfo.html

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/changeset/585

And I asked and asked and this is the answer I got :(

Anyway, very good job on the parry animations then.

Er . . . no need to frown, I just did not want to take credit for something I did not do >.< I'm still not sure which animations are being used in the latest revision, I remember editing quite a few and adding quite a few (and replacing some). Those that come to mind would be the following: Meditate, forward parry, upper diagonal parries, right parry, hilt bash (sped it up), and that's about it. Although I am not sure which were actually used o.o And thanks :)

I think you guys messed up something. The changes to Jump aren't there either and you can't buy the T-21. What's going on here?

Edit:

The respawn timer is non-existant, the changes to push and pull aren't in either.

Ok guys this is not going to work like this, I'm going to upload the last unchanged dll file that has most of the changes we promised here untill one of our coders can fix this little problem we're having. Stand by.

I would gladly host or join a server that was at least populated with bots. But the bots should be fixed (if possible). Don`t you think gamers are more likely the join a server that has bots, than a server that`s empty? So technically my comments can be seen as encouraging online OJP, rather than discouraging it.

I would gladly host or join a server that was at least populated with bots. But the bots should be fixed (if possible). Don`t you think gamers are more likely the join a server that has bots, than a server that`s empty? So technically my comments can be seen as encouraging online OJP, rather than discouraging it.

I agree here. Thats why I have bots on my server its its ususally busier than others.

For those of you wondering how I get the bots to disappear when theirs more 1 human player on the server its: set ffaOn "g_privateDuel "1"; fraglimit "0"; timelimit "0"; set g_gametype 0; set bot_minplayers 2" In the enhanced server cfg. This way, they don't annoy dualing players. :p

Tricking people into believing there are people on a server equals angry people. You can play offline with bots, you can't play offline with people.

Thats not the point max, the point is to give them something to do while they wait for people to join. If a server is empty, they got to just sit there. No one wants to do that.

Noone ever goes to a server alone and waits for someone to show up, especially not in OJP. In theory I would agree with you but I think we've had more than enough practice by now to know that this isn't the case, sadly.

People tell their friends that they need someone to play with via IM and then join the server. If noone is on, they ain't connecting either. If what you were saying was true, every server would have to have one person on it at least, right now.

"Noone ever goes to a server alone and waits for someone to show up, especially not in OJP. In theory I would agree with you but I think we've had more than enough practice by now to know that this isn't the case, sadly."

Are you kidding me? Ive heard players say tahts why they go to my server. Heck tahts want sanjuro did for teh longest time hoping I'd come on...and atremis, and several others.

Archived