This Christmas...

Huz

What should we play, boyos?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What should we play, boyos?

• It should be illegal NOT to play Quake at Christmas
    • Quake? Hah. I'd rather drink a pint of diarrhoea
    • Even though Half-Life deathmatch destroyed MIGC, we need to play it again
    • Team Fortress 2 is literally the last word in online games. I'm going to get in on the action
    • Other, and I'm going to specify!

Whoops, looks like we've all been a bit slow off the mark with the Christmas gaming this year! However, there's still plenty of time to squeeze a bit of gaming in over the festive period - I would suggest Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but other days would probably work too!!

However, I'm really not sure what we should play! Quake is an old favourite but is it too old and tired? Should we bother trying to play Half-Life deathmatch again, because we all know what happened last time? Or should we continue to play our new-found love, Team Fortress 2?

To help us through these difficult decisions, I've done a poll. Tick all that apply.

Oh, and of course, Worms 2008 is a given.

Tee.

I've got family bollocks on Saturday so one of the other days is necessary.

I'll be playing plenty of TF2 throughout the holiday so more of that sounds good to me. Wireplay has a community server (194.154.191.8:27017) that's empty pretty much any time there're no Wireplay events on and is passworded 'wptf2', so if you fancy some of that we can go in there.

I don't think I'll be doing any Quake or HLDM as I've never really gotten into the Quake stuff, while HLDM... :~

Hee -- please, we must play Half Life Deathmatch! I'm sorry I got annoyed with it -- but there's no reason to stop playing! I remember there was a Melee Island map which was officially ACE. Also, Half-Life is pretty much the only game I can play, apart from Quake.

So I vote for Quake and Half-life. ;-*

But at the very least we need an iSketch tournament. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all good for me.

Also, I could kiss the person who moved these forums into the Mojo forums -- well perhaps not kiss: I don't think anyone would want me to do that. But I'd give them an encouraging smile. Or at least an emoticon smile: :). Anyway, this way I don't have to travel back in time through Monkey Island discussion to keep up with any online gaming that may or may not be happening.

I also have Jedi Knight II and Academy, Warcraft III, Red Alert 2, Galactic Battlegrounds, Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 and (for some reason) Unreal Tournament 2003.

Archived