Home

Bug List for 6 Level Dark Forces Mod

Darth_Linux

oh sorry!!! not in Ramses Hed! in Gromas Mines!! :) IN GROMAS MINES there is those damned spotlights that pissed me off!!

That's all well and good but it's not a bug just a design element that you're not happy with. If we took the time to try and edit the mod to everyone's individual tastes we wouldn't have gotten any of it done let alone the first six levels.

oh yeah, and they didn't do the Ramses Hed level as part of this release (even though it's listed in the mission selection menu),

Not yet and not officially either. Take that little cryptic comment as you will.

I noticed a couple of lighting snafus, but nothing that took away from the game experience (the worst one I saw was the underside of the last moving platform in the sewer part of the detention level being spotlit around the column it moves on,

Not much I can do about that. Light entities behave very oddly sometimes.

Level 4 has a texture of a plain gray background with white cross lines on it.

That denotes a missing texture. They'll be added in the patch.

Also, when I jumped into the water at some point, I kept 56% of my life, and had to keep swimming around without being able to even kill myself.

Try aiming for the rocks.

The shield HUD was not centered - the green bows were off centre to the left.

The HUD is being updated with a different version that doesn't have this issue. Other issues with the menus should be resolved as well.

The dark trooper is designed very well, but lacks agressiveness.

I do believe this has been corrected for the patch.

Thank you DarkStarMojo for your quick reply.

Another minor thing I thought to have noticed, but it could just be me: it seems that the stormtroopers are weaker in level 6 than in level 5 - one headshot seems enough there to make them bite the dust, while in level 5 they won't go down so easily.

Not that this is a bad thing, but I wonder if this is only my suggestion or not.

Or do I aim simply better?

yes, thanks for the informative reply DarkStarMojo, and Glueish I concur that the Dark Troopers definitely didn't do much. And yep, it's REAL easy to kill the stormtroopers in level 6, although I didn't notice that it was particularly harder in level 5. Half the time they don't even shoot back at me, so maybe their lack of aggressiveness is related to that of the dark trooper? And I can easily go running past them and take no damage or very very little damage. Be that as it may, I'm offering this as constructive criticism: I can't tell y'all how often through these levels I was going Wow! this is so cool! :)

At the large bridge, just before the huge entrance door, jump off.

If you are still at the beginning, go through all the doors, through the rubble, and take a sneaky left turn in the last room...shoot the rock wall if it seems a dead end.

But then again, I don't know where you are stuck.

Well I got to the big entrance which is on the other side of the brige.

I jump down into the river and find the entrance. I go through where I killed the ST and down where some pieces of the terrain fall as you pass.

At a certain point I arrive at a part where you may go on the left or on the right. Both lead to an elevator but both elevator led to dead areas.

Ok. I found the hidden entrance. It was on the top of that big door.

I could find it because of the missing texture so I couldn't recognize it.I had to fire and destroy some small grids and crouch to get in. I can now go through it. It's a real piece of work. It's so similar to the original one and even better.

The only pity thing are the missing textures which hurt this masterpiece.

Hey boys you should try to finish all the maps. It a real pity to left a so awsome work. You are making me dream again.Thx.

Continuity error: Madine is an Imperial officer during the time of Dark Forces but the mission briefing uses an image of him from Return of the Jedi wearing a Rebel uniform. Ten years ago I photoshopped him into an Imperial uniform just in case anyone would ever need such an image: http://homepage.mac.com/anewmanagn/magic_al/alspics.html

I think the patch will fix the Kyle Skin problem (it's actually a no skin problem). If it's ok with you, I'd like to use your Crix image in the briefing. I'll give you credit in the credits file.

thanks in advance

I think the patch will fix the Kyle Skin problem (it's actually a no skin problem). If it's ok with you, I'd like to use your Crix image in the briefing. I'll give you credit in the credits file.

thanks in advance

Please do! I'll get a kick of that finally being used for something.

1. Level music is playing in the cutscenes. Probably it's EAX. I haven't checked.

2. When skipping a cutscene (in the testbase when moving the bridge) it goes to an error message.

Level music plays by design because certain parts of those cutscenes are actually in a level map.

can you post the error message?

• 2 weeks later...

Another bug -- elevator button in Sewer Level. you go thru the initial door at the landing area, head straight back to the stairs with the elevator. go down, blast the couple of interrogator droids, grab some ammo, run back to the elevator, then hit the button to go back up. Everything's ok. I did about half the level, doing the first couple of drainage gates, but had my health docked pretty far, so I went to get a medkit that (I thought) was at the bottom of that elevator described above. I got down there, discovered there was nothing left in that room, and though the hand icon appeared when I ran to the elevator button to go back up, nothing happened when I hit the use key. It was fine the first time....I'm assuming there's a scripting error if you try and go down there a second time? Also, I HAVE deleted that text.pk3 file to correct the elevator scripting error in the detention center level.

Another bug -- elevator button in Sewer Level. you go thru the initial door at the landing area, head straight back to the stairs with the elevator. go down, blast the couple of interrogator droids, grab some ammo, run back to the elevator, then hit the button to go back up. Everything's ok. I did about half the level, doing the first couple of drainage gates, but had my health docked pretty far, so I went to get a medkit that (I thought) was at the bottom of that elevator described above. I got down there, discovered there was nothing left in that room, and though the hand icon appeared when I ran to the elevator button to go back up, nothing happened when I hit the use key. It was fine the first time....I'm assuming there's a scripting error if you try and go down there a second time? Also, I HAVE deleted that text.pk3 file to correct the elevator scripting error in the detention center level.

we already know about this:

*It is possible to get stuck on the Sewers level in the underground area that contains the two Interagator Droids and is next to the rightmost sewage tunnel. The switch to lower the elevator back down does not activate always. [FIXED IN PATCH 1/6/08]

not sure if this has been posted but along with the being able to select the lightsaber or over to third person, the kyle skin for me is replaced by the twellick(SP?) not sure if this is just me, bu ti thought i'd pu tit out there.

being able to select the lightsaber is a bug we are still working on, and selecting the lightsaber causes all sorts of wierdness with Kyles skin . . . known issues.

actually I think being able to select the lightsaber is kinda cool... :D it was one of my favorite things to do after I'd finished JKII--use cheat codes at the beginning and whip out the saber and force lightning and kick some trooper @#$#@ on those early levels. but...at the same time I do hope you're able to get that bug fixed in DF so it goes to fists instead of the saber.

another bit of weapon weirdness--there's nowhere to pick it up in the sewers level or the Fest level that I've seen, but I noticed that all of a sudden in the Fest level you have the Fusion cutter thingy. Was this the case in the original DF? not a big deal, just curious.

I've noticed too, and I don't know if this qualifies as a "bug" or not--the AI seems to be much better in the first 3 levels than in the last 3. Dunno why that is, maybe it's just me, but my health/shields get docked noticeably more in those first three levels. (all 6 are still a blast though!)

For me, this story about lightsaber is not really a problem. Player must cheat if he want this weapon or force powers... ok... i don't see the problem, if they want to cheat, well, they cheat, it's their problem, and not a bug of the mod. Others things are more important to fix, like missing textures or elevator bug. Don't spend your time with cheaters.

I noticed a little thing in the last cutscene with Darth Vader (just at the begining of Detention) : The guy with the gun talking with Vader never look at him, i think he could look at Vader from time to time, that could be an improvement for the animation, more natural.

Hello, I'm new here and i've got two requests for you:

I'm german and this is a problem: The mod doesn't have any languages without english, the buttons are there and i can click them, but there is only that glowing of the buttons, there is no text. I hope that you add new languages in the patch.

I also played the second demo and I think the hud in the second demo was better than in the third, it wasn't so dark and and the detailes matched more, at this HUD there is to much contrast and all is a little bit displaced

For me, this story about lightsaber is not really a problem. Player must cheat if he want this weapon or force powers... ok... i don't see the problem, if they want to cheat, well, they cheat, it's their problem, and not a bug of the mod. Others things are more important to fix, like missing textures or elevator bug. Don't spend your time with cheaters.

that's actually the problem--in this mod all you have to do to get the saber is press 1. It should go to fists but it's going to the saber instead. It doesn't bother me that much, really, and in all honesty I only bring out cheats after I've played games all the way through at least a couple times. I don't even remember the cheats for this game, so everything I've posted about hasn't involved that aspect...

Archived