Home

Admin System

DarthDie

Ok, post here what you think should be added as a admin command, removed from being a admin command and such. Currently on the list (like I said if you dont think it should be added post) are:

tempban - (replaces sleep)

shutup - Self explanatory

Specific cheats on or off - Self explanatory

Personally I would think the only good idea there would be the 'shutup' command, and maybe the cheats.

Sleep is the same as saying 'lol temp ban', but instead of letting the person do something else during the temp ban, you give him the ability to just watch what people do. This is completely unnecessary since tempban (banning and then unbanning) gives basically the same effect, while freeing up some server bandwidth and freeing up a slot. The only advantage would be that you would be reminded by the sleeping person to unsleep him, but he is most likely simply going to leave. I would suggest a tempban command as a replacement for sleep, which would allow admins to ban people and then after a said period of time, it would auto unban those people.

The cheats could be very easily abused by an admin, such as when he wants to get some weps without paying, he could simply activate the /give all cheat, and then use it, and then put it off. It could work in cheat mode though, since you could turn off god which would allow people to have fun without using the iWin cheat.

Give weapons could again, be very easily abused as said above.

Shutup would allow to stfu annoying people (I'm looking at you max xd), which is a good way to keep the image of a server up. It's not as abusable as the cheats/give weps command, since shutup'ing someone up would allow him to still play without interference, and nobody gets an unfair advantage unless said person needs to coordinate attacks - which should be done on teamspeak or such anyways.

In short, JA+ sux xd.

Ok how about this for cheats on and off, in order for it to take effect you need to restart the server (since this would be done via cvar, and or command ( since this is going to allow you to have levels of admin and allow people to be admin via password)). I'll remove give weapons because you can do the same with give all.

Yes let's just go and make this into an RP mod because we all know that the mainstream and general opinion are most important and always 100% correct.

Well, no.. but they decide what to play don't they? :p I don't like bending to RPers any more than you do, but if it brings more players, it bring more players. If in the end, it turns out that OJP is only played by RPers and us, at least it will be played by somebody. I'm hoping it doesnt come to that though and action players will enjoy it as much as we do. But just in case....(see's list of OJP RP servers) :compcry:

I get the very distinct feeling of a deja-vu...

This is like the 51st time we've debated RPing in OJP... just like the last 50 times, I doubt we're going to get to a conclusive answer and so I'd like to de-de-rail this topic back into the admin-masturbate system.

No one has yet to speak out and say that implanting admin masturbation tools would be a good idea. We can always start a new thread with a poll where people would vote for RP in OJP and whether or not it should be actively supported by things such as emotes.

/rzrace

Everything gets an inconclusive answer when opinions are not unanimous, nig.

Emotes: no, no, NO, NO.

Admin system: Admins are there to keep the peace and ensure that the gameplay is running well. A bigger community because of this feature would be a pyrrhic victory in my eyes.

I'm an Admin on the only OJP RP Server(i was kinda suprised by the amount of new players we got), and i'd say we more than often just mess around, duelling. You make it sound like it's a bad thing ;) But admin systems would help clans moving to OJP, and such with maintaining the order. Emotes could be for plain fun.

Temp banning seems fine to me as long as it includes understandable messages to the clients explaining what is happening. Is the basic idea here that tempbanning bumps the player from the server for a given period or time or does it just force them into spectator mode?

As for a mute command, I think this should be a client side command instead of an admin only command. The players should decide who they listen to and not the admins.

Finally, there's a reason why cheat commands require the game to be in cheat mode. If people really want the npc/vehicle spawn stuff to be a part of the game, we should try to add it as a gameplay element. Maybe spawning costs the player score based on what they spawn? Or maybe it should be a buyable skill?

Temp banning seems fine to me as long as it includes understandable messages to the clients explaining what is happening. Is the basic idea here that tempbanning bumps the player from the server for a given period or time or does it just force them into spectator mode?

As for a mute command, I think this should be a client side command instead of an admin only command. The players should decide who they listen to and not the admins.

Finally, there's a reason why cheat commands require the game to be in cheat mode. If people really want the npc/vehicle spawn stuff to be a part of the game, we should try to add it as a gameplay element. Maybe spawning costs the player score based on what they spawn? Or maybe it should be a buyable skill?

Well, Crysis(Example), uses points and score gained to buy weapons/vehicles. And it works fine that way, so it could be pretty cool!

the big reason i want a vehicle spawn thing ive made custom vehicles and i like to use them in maps in particular i love the cloak feature OJP added, but online if i want to spawn them we have to activate cheats so the map has to load again, and then we run the risk of people running around with a give all, god mode, setforceall 3, noclip charicter.

Archived