Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of cute girls, my daughter had a operation this Monday. Ears, nose and tonsils. She heard like only 25% on her left and 60% on the right ear. I stayed with her at the clinic and it was the first night I ever stayed at some hospital (except after my birth :p)

However, all is well and she is recovering good.

This is her, in summer 2007, aged 4 and a half :)

rike_sm.jpg

happy if-your-single-you-are-a-loser-and-and-should-wallow-in-pond-scum day.

No complaints here, havn't really tried finding someone. .waiting til after curling season and warmer weather

Getting a Sailboat (laser) hopefully this summer to take chicks out on for wild rides

i worked this valentine's day. i have nobody. well except for a cat that wants food l_5638ab30be5a9e77471fad18f325ce7d.jpg

i am pretty damned lonely this valentine's day/night. i haven't really tried or cared enough to get a girlfriend either, so i'm not feeling too bad about it. *powers on the xbox 360*

Well... I just tried my hand at XBox. Did poorly. Gave up.

I should call my dad before it gets too late.

Work was slow. Boring. Re-set the monitor EQ slightly. Had been bothering me for a while. That's something I guess...

But for the most part: Nothing day, all around.

Yay.

Almost over though. That's something I guess...

You know...this started out as such a good day, what with the lady friend and all... And it was. That was all good.

But...it turns out my sister really IS pregnant. Apparently, she and her jackass boyfriend are getting married as a result. So I guess I can hold off on the ass beating for now. But only for now. I'll be watching him.

Aww, c'mon... just a little beating?

It will make the day even all that much better! :D

Say what: We'll come down there and do it for you.

That's an interesting turn of events.

Are we all invited to the wedding?

I hope not... sounds like a good one to crash.

:joy:

Keyan,

there are worse things in the world that could happen. I realize, being Catholic and all, that being prego out of wedlock is a no-no, but what is done is done. I'm sure you will be a supportive brother and all that because she will need the support.

However, I am not wild about the idea of those two getting married just because she got pregnant. Marriage should not be done to "save face". You know as well as I do that it is a sacrament. It is difficult enough as it is without adding the stress of what is basically a shotgun wedding.

Make sure your sister knows what she is doing. I think it would be wise of her even to wait until the baby is born.

Of course she doesn't know what she's doing - she's an idiot. It's not just that she shouldn't be pregnant for moral reasons (which she shouldn't). It's the practical fact that she can't even take care of herself, much less someone else, much less someone else who is totally helpless. She is the laziest person I have ever known. She is a complete slob. She is a liar to the core. She doesn't care about anyone except herself, and she doesn't even seem to care about herself that much.

I disagree that marriage is not the automatic solution here. It is. Not to "save face," but because children have the right to be born to parents that love one another and live together for the nurturing of the child. And that is exactly what is going to heppen. Or else.

if she and her boyfriend are not meant for each other, then it isn't right to force it. The divorce rate is way too high as it is, and it will be worse for the child to go through a divorce.

Trust me, I know from experience. I got a girl pregnant, an ex of mine, and everyone kept saying i should marry her, especially since we had been thinking about it before. But it would have been totally wrong of me to do that since I knew that I didn't truly love her and I couldn't stand to live with her. My family pressured me over and over again, but I knew it wasn't the right thing to do.

YOU need to set aside your anger and be a voice of reason and think about what is going to TRULY be best for this baby and your sister. She's going to be hormonal and not be able to think straight, and her boyfriend is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. This baby may be exactly what she needs to start thinking about something other than herself and turn her life around. Stop thinking like a man with a baseball bat in his hands and start thinking like someone holding a newborn baby.

... because children have the right to be born to parents that love one another and live together for the nurturing of the child. And that is exactly what is going to heppen. Or else.

Hmmm... seems to me if that state was truly enforceable, the world would be an unrecognizably different place.

I don't foresee great things coming from this marriage, thanks to the characters involved and the situation they have crafted for themselves... but then I honestly hope that I am wrong, for the sakes of all involved.

Experience tells me otherwise, though.

look on the bright side, you get to be an uncle. lol

but still, that sucks that people have to get pregnant first and THEN get married. like, wtf.

oh yeah, i just beat Double Agent. MUCH shorter than i expected. :( though i can't wait for ConViction, which should be out sometime in march or april! still gotta unlock half the achievements in DA.

if she and her boyfriend are not meant for each other, then it isn't right to force it. The divorce rate is way too high as it is, and it will be worse for the child to go through a divorce.

"Meant for each other?" This isn't a Disney musical, this is real life. True love is an act of will, and nothing else. It is not a feeling, and it is not "destiny." The child has a right to both his parents, and it would be wrong to deprive him of that. If they can't live together they should have thought of that before they started, well...living together. The time for decisions is over. The decision has been made. It's time to man up and get the job done.

the divorce rate is so high because of the no-fault divorce.

there are several other reasons but that has to do with social and economics. the big ones if the one above.

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me that "saving yourself for marriage" is a thing of the past and not a single person cares about it anymore.. in fact it can more likely be a detriment

"Meant for each other?" This isn't a Disney musical, this is real life. True love is an act of will, and nothing else. It is not a feeling, and it is not "destiny." The child has a right to both his parents, and it would be wrong to deprive him of that. If they can't live together they should have thought of that before they started, well...living together. The time for decisions is over. The decision has been made. It's time to man up and get the job done.
So you think you can just marry anyone and if you choose really really hard, you'll be able to love this person despite everything? C'mon, Keyan. Only God is capable of that kind of love. Do you think her boyfriend is capable of loving in that manner? Do you think he is capable of looking at it as objectively as you are?

"A child has a right to both of its parents." That's a nice sentiment and all that, but what if one parent dies? Or he's an abusive addict? Or just simply isn't mature enough to handle raising a child and would be more harm than good?

Do you think it is healthy for a child to have two parents who fight all the time but are married simply because he knocked her up? Better to not marry at all. Does this mean he hits the road and has no involvement in the baby's life? Not unless necessary.

A mistake has been made in living together, having sex, getting pregnant. However, getting married out of obligation is an affront to the sacrament of marriage. I would go so far as to call it sacrilegious. No one says it has to be mushy gushy lovey dovey stuff. When two people know it is real love, they know. I know from experience a real, true test of two peoples' love for each other is if they have a baby together. If they are able to demonstrate the maturity to care for the baby and each other, then I think they should get married. Not as a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that she is carrying a baby.

So you think you can just marry anyone and if you choose really really hard, you'll be able to love this person despite everything? C'mon, Keyan. Only God is capable of that kind of love. Do you think her boyfriend is capable of loving in that manner? Do you think he is capable of looking at it as objectively as you are?

Yes, I think human beings are entirely capable of that kind of love. I think we are obligated to have that kind of love. Anyway, what I think doesn't really matter. They said they were getting married. I had nothing to do with it. If the priest in charge of their marriage prep thinks it's a bad idea, he won't marry them.

Archived