Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keyan, stop and think for a second. You've gone on and on about how your sister is immature and all that. She's cohabitating and she went and got herself knocked up. Do you think that she is demonstrating the maturity level needed to enter into a marriage? Do you think her boyfriend is mature enough to handle it? I'm sure the answer to both is No. If that is the case, why do you think it is suddenly so necessary for two immature people to enter into a PERMANENT bond? Part of the reason the divorce rate is so high is (in addition to no fault divorce) the fact that people are simply not prepared for it or don't really know what it is about. Sounds like they are going to go through the proper marriage prep through the church. That is great. It still doesn't fully prepare you.

One of the first questions asked at a wedding is "have you come here freely and without reservation to enter into the bond of matrimony" or something along those lines. if you're marrying because the woman got pregnant, how can you truly answer that question yes, unless your intent was to eventually get married before you knocked her up?

Don't leave this all on the priest, Keyan. You need to take on some responsibility as a brother and talk to your sister. sounds like you don't get along well, but you need to show her some support and make sure she is doing this for the right reasons. Don't be such a black-and-white thinker. There's a lot at stake here and shades turn quite gray when you're dealing with a new life.

One of the first questions asked at a wedding is "have you come here freely and without reservation to enter into the bond of matrimony" or something along those lines. if you're marrying because the woman got pregnant, how can you truly answer that question yes, unless your intent was to eventually get married before you knocked her up?

Maybe it was. She never tells me anything. She never returns my phone calls or talks to me except when she wants something, and she never listens to anyone. She does whatever she wants, regardless of how stupid it obviously is. But in this case, I think she is doing the right thing for once.

i am pretty damned lonely this valentine's day/night. i haven't really tried or cared enough to get a girlfriend either, so i'm not feeling too bad about it. *powers on the xbox 360*

its over rated, so dont worry about it.

I am getting married this year, and I sometimes doubt getting married EVER is a good idea. There are enough obligations in life without adding someone elses to that heap......

Keyan, I think Ike is right with what he says. I mean I do not know your sister, and Ikhnaton doesn't know her too. But you do know her, and getting married just because of pregnancy *is* in fact not the best idea on that world. Better a child has no father at all than a bad father just for the sake of being able to say "we bound that guy to responsibility". The most important thing is a supportive family and friends not a "husband" who probably doesn't even want to go that road. And by supportive family I also mean parents and siblings who rather see a happy daughter and grandchild instead of a crying married one.

i love how the unmarried people here are trying to sum up marriage in a sentence or two.

Keyan, it seems obvious that you're not going to change your position any time soon. But one other thing bothers me, and it is an underlying attitude in your posts that your sister is getting what she deserves because she's been this rotten person up til now.

Try to stay focused on the big picture and not the particulars of the setting: your sister is going to be bringing a new creation of God into the world. It is cause for rejoicing. She's going to need support, and you're going to have to show her that you care.

i gotta work 7pm-11pm tomorrow. what a waste, that's not even $50. I think i'll call off sick, what the **** are they gonna do? i've got a few unexcused absenses left to utilize. why waste my gas, my energy, my unlimited power...on something so ****ing pathetic, when i'm not getting paid enough money, or even an ounce of respect.

it seems my sister is, indeed, intent on moving in with her boyfriend. So i'm stuck here babysitting the cats, with the worrisome parents looking out for me and I've got a sense that my landlords will try to break a deal with me by having their son move in up here, and lowering the rent payments. I do not wish to comply with that when it arises, but I also do not wish to live with my parents again. This leaves me with very limited options. I am so ****ing tired of being used and exploited by everybody, I do not know what else to do. The major kick in the ass is the car payments i need to make. Even if i could pay it off, i'd still be in the same position, my work schedule is sucking ass, and lovely walmart has started driving my face into the ****pile of limited hours. i feel like calling off every day, because what good am i doing there?

what does it matter if i'm not there. all my hard work goes for nothing. potential employers see 'walmart' in a reference, they're gonna just throw the application in the garbage, especially asking for over $11 an hour, despite my 6+ years of job experience, people just want to pay me ****, or not give me enough hours to make anything or save for anything, so even if i WANTED to go to college or take classes, i'd wind up in a damn debt hole. I think I know what must be done, but there is a big IF involved in that, and IF it doesn't go through, well...there goes my dignity and self respect, as well as my respect and love of anything or anyone.

i don't know why i'm feeling this way. i probably shouldn't even post this.

Keyan: Despite your sister's history, and all of our doubts, this could just turn out to be a great, stable, lifetime marriage. We just don't know. Stranger things have happened.

It's the best any of us can hope for, and since they are technically adults: it is still their decision (and potential mistake...) to make. I think we all have to just wish them the very best of luck, and take them at their word that this is really what they want to do.

I think this will be my last word on the subject....

15: Tough it out man.

As an employer, I would rather see someone who excelled at a crappy job, kept a good attitude, and comes with high recommendations from a past employer over someone who says: "Well... that job sucked, so I kinda tuned out towards the end..."

No employer expects all your past jobs to be amazing. It's the attitude and work ethic that people look for the most. If you kicked serious ass at a crappy job like Walmart... imagine what you could do in a place where there might be some real potential for advancement?

Yesterday:

Comedian Daniel Tosh at our place. Very easy. Kinda funny. Good day.

Today:

Installing part of our old P.A. system in that church I looked at a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully all goes smooth, and we can finish the job today.

We'll see, I guess...

a new development has just turned up. someone wrote me on myspace from a friend's account, giving her email address, wanting to meet me and seeing if we click or whatever. i'm considering contacting and meeting this person, just to do something different. what the hell, i really have nothing to lose.

gonna start up the email, though going to create a new address in case junk mail comes across.

I hate to break it to you, but that's usually a scam, man.

Your friend's account has probably been hacked.

I'd get in touch with the person who's account it is and see if it's really legit or not. I suspect not.

But good luck if it is...

i love how the unmarried people here are trying to sum up marriage in a sentence or two.

Keyan, it seems obvious that you're not going to change your position any time soon. But one other thing bothers me, and it is an underlying attitude in your posts that your sister is getting what she deserves because she's been this rotten person up til now.

What she deserves is an eternity in hell for her sins, like pretty much all of us. I've spent her entire life trying to help her avoid what she deserves, get her back on track, live a good life, and be responsible enough to at least take care of herself. But she's always been a rogue and done whatever she's wanted, regardless of the logic (or lack thereof) of it. For all I know, she got pregnant on purpose.

Hey, are you mod or just the slave labolel?

However. You know, here in Germany it is also okay to live together, and have babies, without being married. Heck, I know enough people who lived together for like 10 years before they got married when the second baby came. It is like Keyan said, a child has a right to both parents. Nowhere it reads parents have to be married.

hey, my sister got pregent while she was taking anti-preg shots.

*Shrug*

9mo + almost 4 years later...

I love my lil niece. she's quite as hell.

she hugs me, and thinks i'm in the air force.... O.o

P.S.

I wish I were a mod.

NO WAIT!

A case mod!

YEAH!

I'd have panels with LED's that flicker behind layers of plastic, so that it'll look like flames!

A window so that one can look at my insides Yeah baby, you like my central processing unit

Case fans up the waszoo! I'll sound like a 747 is taking off in someone's living room, while gearing up to play Mindsweeper! ZOOM!

You're happy your sister is getting married with someone you'd rather love to flush down the toilet?

I've wanted to flush all the people she ever dated down the toilet, just on general principle. As far as boyfriends she has had go, he is OK. At least he has a job, doesn't do any drugs as far as I know, has no severe mental problems. Also, wanting to get married proves that at least he is willing to take responsibility. Anyone else she has dated would have skipped town by now.

Guys, trust me, I know my sister, and I am sure this is the best thing for everyone involved.

Archived