Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wierd.

sounds like HD or mobo r15....

God, I know that feeling... The worst is when you find the "perfect" house going through it with the realtor, but something happens and you can't get it... Happened to my fiance and I three times. Got outbid on the first one, the second deal was tanked by an owner that didn't want his dead mother's house owned by a guy with a goatee, and the third one had asbestos shingles that hadn't been mentioned by the realtor or owner when we signed the offer. Thank God for that inspection clause...

We were both pretty downtrodden when a friend of her family's offered us a great deal on their place... Their daughter was 4 and the mom was pregnant again so they wanted a bigger place. It's not perfect (I'm a pack rat and the place isn't quite big enough), but there's no flaws or defects and the price was insane (private sale between friends means great prices and no realtor fees!) so I'll have a ton of equity in it by the time *my* family outgrows it in 5-10 years.

no kidding.

my boss who is a good friend just bought his neighbors house to get the lot attached to it thats between his other lot and the house.......I will look at it soon.

I was hoping to go below my price ceiling so I can afford to do a 15 year mortgage and really pump it full of equity....cuz a 3 bed room really will only last so long, the fiance wants kids in the next 5-10 and a guest bedroom(who knows why, the only people that visit are my parents and we live by them!) and I need officespace for the computers.......and a big garage for the motorcycle hobby!

but I guess with me getting approved based on my current income(and have a decent payraise coming soon pseudo-guarenteed) and the fiance getting a real job we can just refinance next year...and hopefulyl interest rates will still be really low :)

4 houses popped on the market yesterday that seem great so I will be busy this weekend again!

also, prior from it doing what it's doing, the power kept going out (so computer like restarted a bunch when i wasn't home). i want to get a new comp, but can't afford it. o well.

xbox 360:

anybody have the new Halo 3 maps or the Graw 2 maps? i'm thinking of getting them.

Played a bunch of CoD4 last night on hardcore team death match. i got to level 50, and unlocked the 50 cal.

Next week i gotta start getting stuff ready to move back in with my parents for a while.

I was thinking, if i can't get back in the military, i could always move somewhere else, perhaps outside of pennsylvania. hmm...

yeah and with the damn walmart people in arkansas messing my hours, it makes it all the more hard. -_-

i get to chill at my parents for a few days to watch their pets.

my sis just moved the cats out of the apartment. now i'll really start to feel lonely when i'm here.

interesting thing just came up. that myspace message i got and emailed, well i was just gonna go and send the person a message on the myspace, and instead decide to check my email and the girl sent me a message. she seems ok i guess, she gave me a link to her webpage with pics of her, not bad looking. maybe i'll check her out. ^_^

lol, giving myself a hair cut...trying to see what a mohawk would look like, the damn battery dies right when i'm close to finishing. grrr!!! guess i'll clean up the majority of the hair while it recharges. i'll probably end up shaving the rest off in the end anyway. i did take a few pictures of it. :)

My boss didn't have an ensemble today for the live sound class he teaches on stage... so I got to jam on stage with the other staff members on a bass that someone left laying around.

I sucked (I'm really not a bassist...) and we didn't know any songs in common,.. but it was still a wacky good time anyway.

My fingertips hurt like hell right now, though. Probably did some good for my calluses, however.

I think I picked out the TV I want for the livingroom: Sharp 32" 1080p LCD. I've seen it for under a grand at one of the wholesale clubs I belong to. Saw it in the store at Best Buy this morning. Looks nice. Good colors. Really bright. One of the few sub-40" sets that's not 720p...

Might go get it Thursday.

Finally got my car inspected. Passed. Sweet. Now I have at least 13 months before I need to worry about that again. :D

i'm here at my parents' now :D decided to go rent some movies to watch, got american gangster and chaos. need to make some food, looks like there's deer meat sloppy joes, but i gotta cook it first. the lady at blockbuster told me the american gangster is about 3 hours long. sweet.

Tried some XBox tonight.

The suck was with me.

Maybe I'll try again in the am,.. when I'm less slushy, mentally.

I don't have to rush in tomorrow, since I have a show tomorrow night. A "Business of Hip-Hop" symposium.

Because you know... when I think the words: "Hip-Hop" generally the first thing to come to mind will be: Panel discussion with a moderator and a Powerpoint presentation.

:dozey:

Ah... whatever. It will be easy. Until caps start getting popped in asses, that is.

Got paid for that church job the other day. I was a bit surprised. Two hundred bucks. In cash!

That was way more than twice what I expected... and even more than I ever would have asked for. I feel seriously guilty about taking it. Not that I'm going to give it back, mind you... but I'll have to live with the guilt.

:D

I've told them that I'll be available for consultation and training if that comes up.

Seriously, though: I was pretty surprised when I started thumbing through the contents of that envelope. The other guy I worked with that day even more so.

Well... it won't go to waste.

I have another big payday on the horizon, too.

Another comedian is coming in to film a special like Bill Maher did. Should be another couple of very long (17+ hours...) days back to back... but at our TV/ Film-Recording rate... which is a bit more than what we pull in for normal, non-college concerts.

Should make about 3 grand that weekend, when all is said and done.

I'll be exhausted... but hey! Ye olde bank account will be happy for it.

Maybe that 2nd HDTV will be here sooner than I had planned. Or that's a good chunk o' change towards the new PC I so very desperately need.

Either way: another TV/ DVD credit to my name: and beaucoup loot to boot!

:joy:

...I think I picked out the TV I want for the livingroom: Sharp 32" 1080p LCD. I've seen it for under a grand at one of the wholesale clubs I belong to. Saw it in the store at Best Buy this morning. Looks nice. Good colors. Really bright. One of the few sub-40" sets that's not 720p...

That T.V. pwns face.

I got accepted to dental school today.

Ike for the win!

In yo' face, all you other dental school rejects! Awww! SNAP!

The I-Man just laid the smackdown on the world of teeth! Oh hellz yeah!

:joy:

(Is it getting close to a full moon? I'm kind of out of my mind today. Could be a problem...)

congrats, ike!!! ICONATOR_0c8847ce6250e6f1792c73fe96c18340.gif (sorry that image comes into mind whenever i think of 'dental school' ) I am glad to hear you got accepted.

I emailed the girl back and asked if she'd like to meet for coffee somewhere and maybe go shoot some pool or something. Just awaiting a response. Not sure if phone #'s would be good to exchange, i guess i could use my cell phone. she also mentioned a v-day party her and her friends have been planning. i'm wondering if i should go to that, not knowing who all is going to be there. eh, maybe i'll go just for the hell of it and for the sake of meeting new people and stuff.

oh i just finished American Gangster. it's a pretty good movie, almost like the movie 'blow' in a way.

The venison sloppy joes i made were yummy. my cooking skills just got a level up, as it's my first time cooking venison, and second time mixing sloppy joes in with 'hamburger'. good stuff.

so ed, how is xbox 360 treating you? I still think CoD4 is the best shooter for it.

I haven't had much time for it lately... and my skills have been going down.

It also seems like every time I do have a few minutes for it, like last night, I'm way too tired, or distracted with other pressing concerns at home, to get anywhere on any of the games,.. or to even enjoy it very much.

But I kind of knew that would be the reality once work kicked back in for real.

It also really doesn't help that the cellar where it is currently located smells pretty damn funky at the moment thanks to the water that got in there last week. Probably pretty moldy/ mildew-y down there too. I've been coughing pretty much non-stop ever since I tried playing last night.

well, keep playing anyway. I can't play for **** when i'm tired, and i'm too stubborn to quit sometimes. I'll see how much gametime i have if the girlfriend thing works out. i have some doubts, but i feel like taking chances and seeing what develops. here iss a pic she sent me

edit: Ray has a point

nope, she doesn't have a myspace profile.

Heh... I missed pics. Shucks.

Um... there's still something about this whole situation that feels kinda shady to me (how hard is it to set up a Myspace profile of your own, after all?)... but I hope for your sake I'm wrong. (I'm highly suspicious by nature. Perhaps a bit too much so... though it has served me well in the past.)

Still: proceed with caution.

And get proof of legal age before you make any moves.

Heh... I missed pics. Shucks.

Um... there's still something about this whole situation that feels kinda shady to me (how hard is it to set up a Myspace profile of your own, after all?)... but I hope for your sake I'm wrong. (I'm highly suspicious by nature. Perhaps a bit too much so... though it has served me well in the past.)

Still: proceed with caution.

And get proof of legal age before you make any moves.

i can't say i'm not suspicious either. i gave her my cell phone #, no calls yet. she says she sees how much her friend is on myspace and thinks if she would make her own, she'd waste away on it and not go out and do stuff.

yeah i wouldn't do anything retarded. i am actually 4 miles from new york. :p ever hear of narrowsburg? i'm on the other side of it.

i think rochester is about a 4 hour drive from here.

btw, any of you guys watching the lunar eclipse? i'm fortunate enough to be in a high-grounds cloudless spot. it looks cool. next one will be in 2010.

i work the 10-6 **** tomorrow. i'm pretty tired right now, gotta go back to my apartment and get some laundry. forgot about that. -_- don't wanna fall asleep in my work clothes. yuck.

trying to think of what i wanna do about the apartment and how to go about getting stuff done there. ah, i'll be cool.

Archived