Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Want my kitty? She's really great. :dozey:

Actually, she's getting better. Using the litter 90% of the time now... and almost a bit friendly.

At least she doesn't automatically run out of the room every time I move anymore.

But I'm already over all the fur everywhere again...

Gotta try to get my tax return in ASAP. With this coming paycheck and what I imagine will be a pretty decent rebate, I'll definitely be in a financial league (at least temporarily) to do all things I want and have been putting off for way too long.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. My kind of place.

There's a library in Boston I once visited that has a book that's bound in the skin of it's author. That's hardcore. I think it's awesome.

I now want to write a series of books so that I can have that done when I croak.

I feel kinda crappy tonight. I hope it's just exhaustion, combined with a radical change in the weather around here that's catching up with me, and not me finally getting the cold that's been wanting in for a few weeks now.

Scratchy throat. Buzzy head. Achy muscles. I have a bad feeling about this.

Just had some soup, a couple of GIANT glasses of OJ, and a couple of handfuls of vitamins in the hope of heading it off at the pass.

I'll be in bed as soon as my food starts to digest a bit.

Meeting in the morning. Bobby McFerrin concert at night. Super. It's going to be a long day.

I better feel up to it.

EDIT:

Just learned that E. Gary Gygax, the guy who wrote the original Dungeons & Dragons rules and rulebooks has passed away.

This is a bummer to me.

Between the ages of 9 to about 15 I was a HUGE D&D geek, and I tried VERY hard to make him the richest guy in the world.

Even though I haven't played the game (at least in non-electronic pencil and paper form...) in over 20 years, he, (and his work,) was a huge influence on me and the way I view the world. Probably in ways I can't even begin to fathom or comprehend.

This makes me almost as sad as the day I heard about Douglas Adams passing.

:(

man i am full of energy! i didn't feel like falling asleep at all at work today!

someone from the army contacted me via email and is awaiting a few things of information from me so he can get me an appointment with a local recruiter. :) I'm gonna wait until i get my car back before i do that. and of course i'll have to tell my parents what i am doing so they can flip out and tell me to suck it up for sam walton. lol actually i don't plan on telling them til i get my car back and meet the recruiter.

I'll be so ****ing happy if i can get back in. i'm so glad i don't have to worry about my sister having to hold the rent on her own anymore, it's like a freaking door opened wide up for me. :)

My apartment's freaking mr. clean right now, so i think i'll retire to CoD4 for a few hours, then get some sleep...tomorrow gonna move everything out of the storage closets and go through it and I'll probably have alot of it to put up on ebay. :D i wanna get rid of just about everything i don't use, well...besides the star wars figures.

All that for $1000? What to Lasers sell for 'round there?

Once I pay off my car I'm going to start putting aside money for a Tanzer 26...

I got a lead from a friend that has one that hasn't been sailed for 12 years. Hopfully can get it for under 300, and I can get a new sail for under $300

must begin cleaning out the storage closets. i bet i can get everything out of them and into the living room in under an hour. (i might even post a picture or 2)

sweet, just got a call that my contacts are in!!! :joy:

edit: well that was easy enough. i got rid of alot of junk, mostly old pc magazines. was able to get 3 boxes emptied. next i gotta get the other storage, that'll be more difficult.lots of boxes in that area.

edit: i just bought 2000 ms points so i can download the 2 co-op collections for GRAW 2 and the Halo 3 heroic map pack!

anybody wanna play ???

Ugh. Having a real crappy day.

Still feel lousy... and just about everything has gone wrong for me today.

In a really crummy mood now.

And here I was so cheery and optimistic last week. I should have known that to be the total aberration it was.

Damn.

Yeah,.. tell me about it.

I really do want to be a more positive person, though... and not the total downer I can often (usually...) be.

My experience is that it can more than a little difficult getting other people to be at all interested in you when you really can't stand yourself or your life all that much.

I'm trying to fix that. Seriously...

well the new maps on GRAW 2 are pretty sweet! the ones for Halo 3 are OK i guess. i still think i got my money's worth on graw 2 maps...like 20 maps for about $15. My ONLY gripe with GRAW 2 is the matchmaking system, most everyone still plays ****ing headquarters and shoreline...though a few rooms play the other maps.

it does play alot differently than cod4. the maps are bigger, there is more terrain and cover.

Haven't touched the Xbox in a bit, still getting the new smell of the new computer.

Benchmark programs now cost money!? I baulked, and ran my OWN stress tests.

Doom 3: Gphx: High, AA and FSA x4

FPS: Avg 49

Quake 4: Gphx: High, AA and FSA x4

FPS: Avg 51

Oblivion: Gphx: Retarded.

FPS: Avg 40

Needless to say.... I think my computer pwn n00bs now.

I havn't said much about Favre retiring except for my Buds at work but I have to say this. The time was right. He went off on a high note (even tho he didn't go to the big dance). He is still reasonably healthy. Most of the meaningful records were broken. ANd I think the Packer team as a whole will miss him, but don't NEED him as much as they did 3 years ago.

Aaron Rodgers is a great back-up who has his experaince to being backup to one of the greatest QB of all time, and certainly looks, and has done well as the #2. The old #2 is the new #1

Enjoy the ride Aaron, I hope it is a long one

ANd thanks Brett, for everything

Today: pretty blah.

Former crew employee in from out of town. Hung out; caught up; had lunch. Nice.

Other than that though... a lot of staring out the skylight waiting for the clock to tick down listening to my boss play Brad Paisley on his iTunes.

Still freakin' dragging ass today. Can't get out of my own way. I feel so old.

Gonna try to stay up a bit tonight.

Guess I'll go see if I can get anywhere on XBox before I totally give up and call it a night and crash hard.

My grandmother died today :(

sorry to hear that Keyan. I have lost both of my Grandparents that i was close to. Often you are just left with the fond memories and good times.

Hope you and your family can find peace and happiness even through the loss

Thanks, everyone. It was really pointless. She was in very good health, but she went in for some really serious back surgery that she didn't need and was obviously very stressful for her at her age. She made it through the surgery but had a stroke a few hours later. She managed to hang on for a few weeks, but she never really improved much.

Archived