Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope a membership to ymca isn't too expensive...any excuse to not be holed up in my parents' house on my days off. i don't wanna give them back any kind of control over me. i hate this ****. it's not that i don't love my parents, it's just bringing up bad memories living with them. i hate it. it's like a zoo, sure it's nice to visit and hang out but would you really wanna live there? that's probably not such a good example but its kinda how i feel about this right now. i'm sure i'll be fine when i move in. for the first week. o well at least i won't be the only 24 year old living at home. :rolleyes:

dude, they can only control you if you LET them.

and I'm 26 and live at home :D

Today was a decent day at work. Somewhat productive. Went in early, and got a couple of projects done. It can't all be fun and games, I guess...

Tired tonight... but not as bad as I have been over the last couple of nights. Probably has a little to do with waking up at 2:30 am last night and never getting back to sleep. Hmmm...

Hopefully I can stay up until 9 or 10 tonight at least. Sleeping until the sun starts to rise tomorrow would be nice.

My buddy says he'll keep me up with co-op Gears... that is until his wife takes over the TV to watch "Lost" anyways...

Not as depressed as I was earlier either... but still not in an amazing mood.

Power went out this morning...while I was on the treadmill. Yeah, that was fun.

that's not as bad as a gym training instructor hitting the stop button while you're running full speed ahead.

Work was ok today...very boring though. I had mcdonald's coffee and a mcgriddle and they gave me exactly what i ordered! Might go bowling tomorrow, my friend doesn't know if her and her boyfriend are going though, so i might end up not going.

no call from recruiter yet. i did get an email from the online army recruiter and he asked if i got a call yet and said if i hadn't that he'd find out what's going on, so i replied saying that i have not yet been called.

i gotta order the hard drive for my computer today. :D I can't wait to get the computer up and running again.

i think i'll go chill at my parents' and watch some movies tonight. :)

that still must have sucked though. =\

i just watched 'the kingdom' it was alright.

tomorrow is my day off and my mom wants to come over and help me do more moving. i'm just realizing i only have less than 2 weeks to be out of here. i'm gonna miss the peace and quiet that's for sure. already they've started ****ing with me...nothing big, just little nit-picky ****. hopefully i can get done what i wanna get done and be outta there within a month of moving in, cause that's as long as i think i'll be able to tolerate it without losing all of my mind. think i'll take a sleeping pill tonight. i'll need it otherwise tomorrow i'm going to be an *******.

Well... it seems that going to bed several hours later doesn't actually equate to sleeping in any later.

Bummer.

Oh well... last day of Spring Break. I guess I should try to find some way to enjoy it.

Have a show on Saturday, and with the family all-day Sunday.

After that: Looks like a run of at least 12 or 13 days before another one off. Then a similar string of days after that.

Yay. Spring semester. Yay.

wow i got some good sleep off those pills. i still don't wanna spend the day off moving though. :rolleyes:

one of the reasons i'm coming back to star wars galaxies:

ch8ships-2.jpg

I cannot wait to get that ship. I'm only 1 box away from ace pilot i think. mwahaha.

Got most of the apartment cleaned out. just got to move computer, xbox, tv, bed, futon, desks, and a few boxes of random stuff out. then i'll be moved in....and really missing it here. :( my friends were too tired to go bowling tonight, so i'm just gonna go drive around i guess...gotta take the garbage down to the dumpster sometime. i might go buy some computer games at walmart...i see Republic Commando, Battlefront II for $10 each, and i spotted Forces of Corruption/Empire at War combo for around $20.

then again, maybe i shouldn't count my eggs before the chicken poops them out. =\ i need to save $$$.....

Good day.

Work was chill, but steady enough to keep me occupied. Put together a PA out of old spare parts for my boss to use for the football team he coaches. Took a lot of troubleshooting... but it was busy enough to make me feel useful today.

Went for lunch over at the mall. Why, you ask? Well... the comic-book/ anime convention was happening in the convention center today. A lot of kids in freaky costumes. We chose a restaurant facing the convention hall entrance, grabbed window seats, and took in the all the sights.

Lots of young girls in revealing "boom anime babe" costumes. (Unfortunately, there were a couple of guys in them too. I mean "anime babe" costumes. So very, very wrong...) One AMAZING Stormtrooper outfit though. Mad props to that guy.

But there was enough "whoa!" to look at to be worth the perviness factor of the whole experience.

Did a quick PA tweak at that church after work to work out a couple of kinks they encounted last weekend.

Dinner with a big group of co-workers after that. Upscale Chinese/ Japanese place.

We all met there, and as we were getting our table, my boss's boss showed up with her husband by coincidence. We all sat together. It was a little weird... but OK.

We ended up closing the place. Just got home.

Time for bed. Robin Trower tomorrow. Hendrix-y classic guitar rock.

played in our annual Sauerkrautspiel at the curling club. This is an event where we invite members from another club (Arlington) to curl against our teams and eat some Sauerkraut to make the second game more interesting with the gastric distress

Had to spend a few minutes cleaning the 8 inches of snow off my car. Arrived at the club at 7am to help cook breakfast. (Pancakes, sausage, etc) then stuck around to see if any team needed a sub, which they did. Played vice, also played vice in the second game.

Real tired right now. I have a game sunday, and the club playdowns monday (hopfully more) and a bonspiel next weekend in Jainesville.

work was lame today. busy enough. i switched from 12-9 to working 2-11 with my friend...who doesn't like dealing with these ******* professional photographers. anyways i ended up screwing the guys order up somehow. it refused to print no matter what i did. so i was like '**** it' and clocked out, dumped my few bags of garbage at the dumpster, then realised i had forgot my 2 pc games that i bought (i bought Republic Commando and Battlefront II for $10 each, i couldn't pass it up!!!) and so i went back in and dammit, the guy is there and so i explain and kinda did a little 'work off the clock' to figure out if his pics were gonna come across (left the printer running, figuring there's enough slots for it to fill up) so anyways he was pissed off, but there wasn't anything i could do so i was like 'OH WELL!' and left. ****ing idiots should know better than to ship 365 pictures at a time through...it didn't go onto hold status, which is what made me all 'wtf???' but anyways. i'll probably get in trouble for it. oh well, i would've got overtime for it had i stayed...i'd still be there now. i guess i *could* have called my dept manager and asked her what to do, but i figured she was asleep anyways, and fuji would've just ****ing wiped the order anyways. hell i bet even if it does print, half of them aren't gonna come out because the files are too big and won't allow for a swap file or whatever.

anyways, i'm crazy. i pumped up on caffine today. started with a large coffee from dunkin donuts, followed by 1 rockstar energy drink before clocking in, then on my break i went and had another rockstar drink, and then on my last break i had a vault. it didn't really kick in at work, but now that i should be getting to sleep because i work 10-7 tomorrow (thought it was 12-9 but someone in their divine wisdom decided to screw the photo department by only having 3 people in there and the last person to close by herself) .......

I watched the movie 'The Thin Red Line' it was pretty good, i'm surprised i haven't seen this on t.v. like even on the AMC channel. it's long though, 2 hours and 45 minutes! glad to have it in my war movies collection. :)

i so cannot wait to get my computer running again!!!!!!!!!! next week i'll be in my parents' and i'll be on SWG.....I HOPE!!!

Pancakes sound good. Now I want pancakes... :( Probably don't have time this morning to go out and get some...

I'll be spending most of the day over my cousin's house with the rest of the fam.

Last day off for almost 2 weeks. *Sigh*

I hope it's a really good one...

speak english. j/k

today was cool. i guess. i woke up this morning and sneezed and in doing so, i bit my tongue, the back right portion of it met my wisdom tooth.....ow...it's still a little swollen.

i decided to go into work a little early and see if those pics had printed...i went to mcdonalds first, since dunkin donuts wasn't open to give me a coffee....i think i like mcdonalds' coffee better now. and i had a mcgriddle. not the same thing as pancakes though. then i just kept drinking caffeine all the rest of the day.. i was allowed to punch in an hour early cause i was just hanging around and being bored lol and so i got to take a 2 hour lunch to cut it. i don't mind it. i think i've somewhat accepted the fact i'll be at walmart for a little longer...at least until i can decide what i really want to do. my job isn't that hard, it just gets so damn boring sometimes and added with the fact of stuff like what happened last night...gah.

after work went over to my parents' for supper. ham and sweet potatoes and crandberry sauce. yummy.

i work a 12-9 tomorrow.....it should be fun, i'm closing with my friend.

still can't wait to get my computer running again. right now that is the only thing keeping me out of depression that and the fact that i'm too damn optimistic, i can never just be a bitchy person for any extended length of time, i always have to find something good out of crap. seriously, if i was in the middle of the desert with no water and nobody around or anything in sight, i'd be like 'at least the sky is pretty' lol

Nice day with the family. Beautiful day outside too.

Someone gave me a copy of Halo 1 for XBox... now I have all 3 games.

Maybe some long weekend I'll try to go through all 3 again in order.

Fell asleep as soon as I got home. Just woke up again. Which kinda sucks, as it's going to throw my sleep schedule all over the map again. Damn.

Working tomorrow night too... so I have to try to get more sleep.

well i feel damn good about myself today. my landlord calls me and asked if i threw a bunch of garbage in their dumpster.....i don't lie, so i said yeah why. apparently it was too full for them and his brother had a **** fit over it. figures i'd get yelled at for it, i'd be yelled at either way really, because i'd still be bitched at by my parents for NOT taking it over...and so i took it over and get yelled at anyway. i'm pissed that my landlord had to call and bitch to me about it. i lied and said i was sorry, but i don't really feel sorry about doing it cause i'd still be bitched and nagged by my parents over it. what in the **** was i supposed to do. i could've just let the trash here for the next tenets to get rid of. i could always get bags of shrimp and just scatter them through the house before i leave for good, hide them in places the landlords wouldn't get to...but i'm not like that. i'm mostly upset at my parents. and now i'm in a bad mood.

BUT NOT FOR LONG! my power supply unit has arrived at walmart. :joy:

i just paid off almost all my bills. i just have 1 left, but it can wait til next payday cause i owe sis for the electric and phone bill.

some more **** hit the fan as i dropped a bill off at the p.o...i get a invoice for around $230 i owe for having my transmission fixed. yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apathy sets in and the bill is laying in the glove box for me to forget about.

currently focused on getting the psu set up. so far so good (it fits in the case nice and seems to have the correct cables) tomorrow the hard drive will have arrived. i'm also gonna be moving the **** out of here!!!!!

Archived