Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Work was pretty easy. Ended early. The only real headache of the night was trying to get a jazz drumset to work on a bunch of rock tunes. Ugh...

Thinking I really don't need to go in tomorrow. Thinking I might just take the day off. Thinking it's the last possible chance I might be given until a week from next Sunday. Thinking I'll decide in the morning.

Thinking it's time for bed.

getting psu set up still. i got everything connected just a little iffy on this one setting on the back, the voltage is set at what the previous psu was at, but there's this one switch that's weird next to it are the letters 'H A L' the switch is right next to A.

ok got it hooked up, didn't bother with the HAL thing. i was all 'wtf' though cause the power is automatically set to the on, and well i turned it off before i hit the power button on front of computer and was like 'ohhhhhh ****' but anyways now to get the hard drive set up and then i'll go video card shopping!!!

after i get mine set up, i'm gonna work on my sister's (been using her computer since november) it needs an overhaul definitely. i need to get RAM, CD and DVD drives, and a video card.

and after i get hers fixed up, gonna see about getting my parents' computer some more ram.

must have been another movie...no wait, it was 'the outer limits' i think.

moving was tiring. sucks to think i'll have to move again eventually. at least it won't be as tough next time.

missed getting my hard drive by about 5 minutes...we were putting stuff in the house and left as the truck went by. didn't know i had to sign for it. guess it will be here tomorrow. i think im too tired to deal with getting it set up anyways...i won't have it hooked to the internet for a few days anyway cause gotta get a hole drilled through the floor for a cable.

i have a nice view from my room, maybe once it's all set up i'll take a pic.

i can't wait until payday so i can get my bills paid off and order the video card.

Moving sucks. If it weren't for the fact that I kinda outgrew this place less than a week after moving in, I would say that I'll never do it again.

Didn't go into work today. Took it easy. Ran a few errands. Worked outside in the yard a bit. Did a few chores inside. Took a nap.

Long days ahead of me as far as the eye can see. And then some.

I have way, WAYYYYY too much **** for my own good. I'm a virtuoso packrat.

Every time I move, the very first thing I do is to get rid of at least half the stuff I'm holding onto right off the bat.

It doesn't help. Even at that I still have insane amounts of personal possessions.

yeah ed, i had the same problem. i got rid of alot of crap that was just sitting in the storage closets since i moved out. tho i just moved it into storage for a yard sale my mom plans on so at least i can get a few bucks for it all.

got the hd in, gonna go install it.

darnit to hell its still giving me the same freakin thing. disk drive 0 not found. think i'll just take it out in the woods and put it to sleep mode. permanently. -_-

Ouch. :(

Had a tech-day/ rehearsal for tomorrow night's show. Went at least twice as long as it should have.

11 large student-led bands. Like herding cats. :rolleyes:

Well... hopefully I can sleep in tomorrow morning. Working late tomorrow night... then have a 8am to midnight shift on Friday. Long days Sat. and Sun. too...

Fortunately for me, somebody took my Mon./ Tues. show off my hands. Should make the coming week slightly more livable.

well i somewhat got it working but it keeps restarting midway through setup. it's like getting my hopes up like for instance, going to star wars at the theatre and instead of star wars you get something unexpected like 'the sound of music' i don't know how to describe this anger i am feeling right now, it's a miracle i haven't put my hands in water and grabbed the power supply cables.

it's so annoying. i did get the hd partitioned, and the windows xp loaded up and it said somethin like '39 minutes remaining' and then it restarts for what seems like no reason and it goes 'beep beep' and press f1 and it loads up. well this time it just loaded up blank screen. so i'll just give it 39 minutes to save its life. then it's hammer time. i'm wondering if it's the dvd drive because that is the master drive on the comp.

i refuse to give up though. i gotta work 10-7 tomorrow but i have friday off to finish moving, so i can't waste any time.

if anybody has any ideas how to get this thing working, let me know asap.

i figured out how to bypass the annoying diskette drive 0 seek fail screen and to boot from the cd (which is how i got xp setup installed and hd partitioned from it) just need to get the GUI so i can actually set the computer itself up. i'm so sick of the freaking BIOS screen.

Well, I just completed a move. I didn't move that far, only about 100 miles, but as you all know, it's still a serious pain in the a$$. I got my internet hooked up yesterday, so all is right with the world. :)

I moved from SW washington state into the Puget Sound area, so far so good. There's more people here, but I enjoy the area a lot more. I used to live in a "small" town of like 35,000 folks. So there is a slight adjustment period, but hell, it won't take long at all. I'm having fun and I have friends here, so all is good! :)

well i somewhat got it working but it keeps restarting midway through setup. it's like getting my hopes up like for instance, going to star wars at the theatre and instead of star wars you get something unexpected like 'the sound of music' i don't know how to describe this anger i am feeling right now, it's a miracle i haven't put my hands in water and grabbed the power supply cables.

it's so annoying. i did get the hd partitioned, and the windows xp loaded up and it said somethin like '39 minutes remaining' and then it restarts for what seems like no reason and it goes 'beep beep' and press f1 and it loads up. well this time it just loaded up blank screen. so i'll just give it 39 minutes to save its life. then it's hammer time. i'm wondering if it's the dvd drive because that is the master drive on the comp.

i refuse to give up though. i gotta work 10-7 tomorrow but i have friday off to finish moving, so i can't waste any time.

if anybody has any ideas how to get this thing working, let me know asap.

i figured out how to bypass the annoying diskette drive 0 seek fail screen and to boot from the cd (which is how i got xp setup installed and hd partitioned from it) just need to get the GUI so i can actually set the computer itself up. i'm so sick of the freaking BIOS screen.

not to rain on the parade but...............

sounds mem or mobo related......

leaning heavily towards mobo.......

Blah.

Feel kinda tired and kinda lousy.

just have to get though the show tonight... and a 16-hour shift tomorrow. Then just a couple of 10+ hour shifts after that. Then it's all clear sailin' and home free... for a couple of hours. :rolleyes:

Gonna be a ROUGH weekend, methinks.

o well i guess i'll just order a nice case and motherboard then. at least i'll have a nice computer once it's done with. plus the american government is supposed to be giving me around $600 in may, and the last numbers of my social happen to place me at the very front of the line, if it's going by numbers. lol

my car is running nice for now. hehe. i can look at tigerdirect i guess and choose a case that'll go with the hd, psu, ram, and video card.

Archived