Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Just finished doing officating for the Korbel Cash tournement at my local Curling club today. Saw some great games done by some of the best curlers in the world. It looks like there might be a re-match for one of the best games in the world against Last seasons Men's world champion (My good friend Craig Brown) and the 2008 Olympic Curling Bronze medal winner Pete Fenson (A.k.a Da pizza guy)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowling today:

190-221-176=587

You may ask, "So what?" I was bowling on the tougher Monday night shot (which was down for a tournament) and still pieced together a series that was 47 pins over my league average. Go me! :joy:

PS I had 6 in a row in the 221. :D

r15, you are a total redneck and tops on my list of people who will one day get drunk and accidentally blow their head off or die in some way befitting a Darwin Award recipient.

you are a sissy.

i'm running on 36 hour overdrive....i've been up since 10am friday. worked my shift, went out to a club, got back at around 4:30, just in time for hunting, didn't shoot anything, my dad got a nice buck though, worked 2-11. now i am home, a little tired. got into a fight at work with some jerk customer trying to return merchandise without packaging or receipt. if he got his way, i'm gonna be very mad. (i would've stuck around but at that point i wasn't caring what i was saying, and he was verbally antagonizing me, so i said 'i dont need this **** and left) what made me most angry, was when i paged for a manager for him, nobody EVER responded. if the camera was returned, i'm gonna find who was responsible for it and make them pay.

ed, get that girl! i loves me some asian persuasion!

Well... she didn't say "No." so that's hopeful. :)

Said she'd call me when she got a chance. It's hardly a solid commitment... but it's not a downright rejection, either.

Work: A whole lotta gospel.

Yep. That's what it was, all right.

Bummah.

I'm trying hard to get used to new glasses. Went with a RADICALLY different frame type for me (just to mix things up a bit...) and I'm thinking I regret it. People seem to like the new frames on me... but it will take me a long time to not see the aviator frames on my face. I've been wearing that style since junior high.

Of course... it always takes a few days for your eyes to get accustomed to a new prescription... so that may be more than half the problem.

Weird dream last night. Something like a combination of Gears Of War, Cloverfield, and Get Smart... with me and my friends in the action.

I couldn't even begin to describe it... other than it was pretty epic, and kinda funny.

Strange the ways your mind chooses to go sometimes...

Bowling today:

190-221-176=587

You may ask, "So what?" I was bowling on the tougher Monday night shot (which was down for a tournament) and still pieced together a series that was 47 pins over my league average. Go me! :joy:

PS I had 6 in a row in the 221. :D

I hate you... I've been bowling for 20 years and I'm having a fantastic night if I break 120.

Wait, do you play ten-pin or candlepin? 'Cause I've bowled a 300 twice before with ten-pin, and probably averaged around 190-200, but I never really enjoyed it like I do candlepin. There's no challenge. With candlepin you can actually throw a ball at a full set of pins and not hit anything. I threw one right down the space between the 1/5 and 3/9 pins once. The exact same ball position on a ten-pin lane would've been a strike, or at least an easy spare.

The guys that really impress me are the ones I've seen drink a pitcher of beer on league night at the candlepin lanes near my house, and still come close to 700.

Wait, do you play ten-pin or candlepin? 'Cause I've bowled a 300 twice before with ten-pin, and probably averaged around 190-200, but I never really enjoyed it like I do candlepin. There's no challenge. With candlepin you can actually throw a ball at a full set of pins and not hit anything. I threw one right down the space between the 1/5 and 3/9 pins once. The exact same ball position on a ten-pin lane would've been a strike, or at least an easy spare.

I play the ten-pin variety, though my house offers both of those. I find the challenges in the two forms of the game are different, and I just prefer the challenge of adjusting to changing lane conditions over the challenge of figuring out how to make a given spare.

Last night it was some shopping, bought the kids some new bikes and a JK game for our Wii and some other crap then it was off to the wifes Christmas party. Lots of dancing plus they had some belly dancers. :) Now I'm at work after 5 hours of sleep. Watching my Fantasy team on CBS tearing it up. :)

I prefer Candlepin as well, since it's what I grew up with.

But it is difficult.

Same here... I never even knew there was anything other than candlepin and duck-pin until I was 12 and they built a ten-pin alley in my city.

I play the ten-pin variety, though my house offers both of those. I find the challenges in the two forms of the game are different, and I just prefer the challenge of adjusting to changing lane conditions over the challenge of figuring out how to make a given spare.

Changing lane conditions? I've never taken ten-pin seriously since the only times I went were with large groups of friends (where I eventually started deliberately throwing bad shots so I wouldn't decimate them), so I've never noticed that particular aspect of it. It always just seemed like candlepin, but with bigger pins and balls.

Please elaborate! It'd be interesting to see if I notice anything should I ever find myself in a ten-pin alley again.

this forum needs more curlers. All this bowling talk is making wish I could talk curling with someone.

and my kitty is being a pest. I think he wants me to go to bed. cuase he keeps jumping up into my lap, then after some pettings he will jump off, or roll off.-

went to work late today...woke up when i had to be there. only 30 minutes late. got home, played call of duty 4 with some friends from work, then played EndWar for a few hours. I'm taking over washington d.c. it's a pretty sweet game.

i work 1-10 tomorrow...yay.

speaking of glasses, i need to get some new ones. think i'll do that right after christmas.

Yesterday:

YIKES!!! Kids! Why did it have to be kids?!??

The show was easy, and everybody was pretty cool... but the audience was annoying. Hundreds of pre-teen girls all screaming at the tops of their lungs, all the time.

Painful.

We all got tipped at the end of the shift. That was a surprise.

Taking today off, I think. Do laundry... and prepare for the madness of the week to come.

There wouldn't be much I could do anyway... since the lighting folks are taking over the stage today all day.

this forum needs more curlers. All this bowling talk is making wish I could talk curling with someone.

I can talk curling, but I haven't actually curled in over a decade. I'm pretty friggin' excited that the 2009 Ford World Men's Curling Championship is being held about 10 minutes away from my house, though! It's literally about a 30 second drive from my office too, so I can go straight from work to watch the evening draws.

Never thought I'd see that level of play without at least a 3 hour drive and a few nights in a hotel.

Archived