Home

Help with Republic Commando

vamps720

My apologizes if this is in the wrong place but I'm having hell navigating this site.

I'm having issues with Republic Commando crashing every time I try to load the first level. It installs fine but once booted the mouse moves way to fast and once told to start new game it crashes with the standard "progam encountered error" box. I recently updated my computer and I am venturing a guess that the dual core is responsible for the problem. Any help would be great.

Heres what I'm running:

AMD 64 X2 Dual

6000+ 3.01 GHz

2 Gb RAM

EVGA 8600GTS 512Mb

OS is XP Pro.

Hello :)

check the obvious stuff first :

*latest nvidia drivers

*latest directX 9

*latest patch for republic commando (1.0 IIRC)

also, as you upgraded your pc recently, might be worth checking to see if your mainboard drivers are as updates as possible

Plus, if youd installed RC before the the CPU upgrade, might be helpful to do a clean install

good luck

mtfbwya

• 2 months later...

This sort of thing happened to me, though not entirely the same. I had the error message whenever i just tried to start up. I have a dual core also, my expert friend says the message is about the dual core. I downloaded a cd-crack (Not illegal because i own the game) and it was fixed =/. To me it seems like the .exe got corrupted at somepart of doing stuff on my machine.

• 1 year later...

Archived