Home

how do i do this? (some questions from me)

Serathas

i want to start modelling basics, and well, how do i make an new item avaiable for use in the game, in detail?, from an old item, without replacing it, or any other mod, a win2k compatible way of doing so is kind of required,

and aswell, i require a move to another dialogue from a dialogue script, im creating a new module with a taris upper city duel arena like thing, so i will need to know aswell, how to do a talk - move to another module - duel (untill 1 hp) - move back to the first module - heal conversation, it sounds almost impossible to do this, for me, but i still really want to use it for the holowan cantina, a mod im creating, in the team recruiting and modding thread

i need a tutorial for succesfully placing a script into a dialogue, aswell, by editing an ingame npc dialogue, without replacing the orginal, in any way, my merchant scipt won't just work, for some reason, i used the script and dialogue the npc i edited used, though, with new names/resref, so it won't replace the oldies, why won't it work?

Requests are for KotOR I

You need to start with Fred Tera's KotOR tool found here...

http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

You will want to view these tutorials;

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=592

Remember the search function is your friend, and most general modding questions have probably already been asked...

If you have already done a script/mod etc to get help you are going to need to be alot more specific; for example if your having a problem with a script you might want to post the script so people can see it ;)

He said modelling not modding :lol:

Well first of all you'll need to decide between GMax (free but ****e) or 3DSMax (Awsome but $$$ or in my case £££)

Then you'll need to get a feel for the program and followan a few tutorials to get used to the tools.

Then just get some modelling tutorials from the tutorial section and try to get somewhere :lol:

He said modelling not modding :lol:

True, my bad, however the point remains that there are tutorials already around which can show him how to do things. Also in the general modding forum is a list of the needed resources; so I would advise he visits there, downloads what he needs then has a look at the below...

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

i would prefer to use the gimp, if you are able to do so for kotor modding, or photoshop

It depends on what your wanting to do; for modelling I think you can use gimp (modeling isn't an area I can help you with); if your doing reskins etc I personally use photoshop, skin, then go into TSL to see how things look.

The biggest thing to do is take the plunge yourself in and start experimenting; try things; if they don't work worst thing case scenaria is you have to re-install the game, normally just a matter of emptying the override folder. After to even have tutorials is lucky, given that they were written by the trailblazers who first went in and modded the game. Again I would strongly suggest you have a look through the tutorials and search the whole of the Holowan Lab for things you want to do; they will have been tryed before.

the requests are for k1, lol

Well, first, let me grab a quote from the rules

8. When asking a question, state which game (KOTOR or TSL) it is about

To make it easier for other members to help you and avoid confusion, please state which game your question concerns if you ask about something. While KOTOR and TSL are fairly similar from a modding perspective there are some significant differences in how certain things are done, and some things may be possible to do in one game but not the other.

When you ask a question on modding, most people generally assume you're modding TSL ;)

But ultimately, the particular subject jonathan7 is talking about applies the same as K1 ;)

Edit:

When you ask a question on modding, most people generally assume you're modding TSL ;)

But ultimately, the particular subject jonathan7 is talking about applies the same as K1 ;)

QFT; MZ my friend you beat me to it :) hehe, was typing my reply as I was replying.

the requests are for k1, lol

And? The main differences between K1 and TSL aren't graphical. If you seriously want to mod you will need Fred Tetra's KotOR tool; and GMax, GIMP and Photoshop are the same utilities you need to use. I don't Mod K1 and I was merley saying how I use photoshop. End of the day, you can either take some advice or not; unless you start exploring the programmes and getting acquainted with them your not going to get anything done. People will be more than happy to help; but don't expect to be spoon fed; investigate and take heed of what my friend Nietzsche said in my sig....

And? The main differences between K1 and TSL aren't graphical. If you seriously want to mod you will need Fred Tetra's KotOR tool; and GMax, GIMP and Photoshop are the same utilities you need to use. I don't Mod K1 and I was merley saying how I use photoshop. End of the day, you can either take some advice or not; unless you start exploring the programmes and getting acquainted with them your not going to get anything done. People will be more than happy to help; but don't expect to be spoon fed; investigate and take heed of what my friend Nietzsche said in my sig....

i know about kotor tool, but what's gmax for? i have about 4 years experience with the gimp aswell

i know about kotor tool, but what's gmax for? i have about 4 years experience with the gimp aswell

Well you should be a pro with gimp :) gmax is for moddeling, and importing, it has a NWN extension to it which makes importing models (swords, LS hilts etc) into the game much easier. Its a great utility; I have it, explored it, but is not something I can help with. With regards gmax, your best of to download it, do the normal tutorials before even attempting to do any of the tutorials here.

QFT; MZ my friend you beat me to it :) hehe, was typing my reply as I was replying.

Hehe, I just thought I'd pop my head in the subject, :p

Well, as jonathan7 stated above, Gmax is for modelling, you can get Gmax from here, and in order to edit the kotor .mdl format, you'll need to get NWMax, a plugin for both Gmax and 3dsMax, you can get that here.

Hope this helps :)

Well you should be a pro with gimp :) gmax is for moddeling, and importing, it has a NWN extension to it which makes importing models (swords, LS hilts etc) into the game much easier. Its a great utility; I have it, explored it, but is not something I can help with. With regards gmax, your best of to download it, do the normal tutorials before even attempting to do any of the tutorials here.

true, you could say im pro with gimp

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/Ivve_sepac/crystallized.jpg

i made this with it, some year ago

though, its not the modelling part i need help with, its the part with how to drag your modelled item (or items taken from an npc) into the game, so it uses them, without replacing anything else, and without using the 2da files, if possible

Archived