Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

Closed on Request... new thread here. -RH

// UPDATED

Below is everything you need to know about this stage of the project. If you are interested in lending your voice to characters within BoS:SR, then read on.

Voice Talent Audition, Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

FAQ

Q - What is this process about?

A - This process is about recruiting/hiring people who will lend their voices to characters featured in Brotherhood of Shadow:Solomon's Revenge.

Q - I want to audition for a part, what do I do?

A - First determine what roles you wish to audition for from the list of characters further down the page. Then record the audition dialogue lines (preferably in a quiet place to minimize any unnecessary background noises) and save (.mp3 or .wav will be fine) using the filename YOURNAME_CHARACTERSNAME_NUMBER (Depending on which audition dialogue line it is), then send it me (See below for instructions)

Q - Are there any restrictions on who can audition for a part?

A - The only restriction is that you need to be at the very least, 18 yrs old. It's not that I dislike people below that age, it's just that voice-wise you will most likely not be suitable for any part on offer.

Q - Can I audition for more than a single part?

A - You are more than welcome to audition for as many parts as you wish.

Q - How can I send you my audition?

A - If you are a member of LucasForums, PM me with a link to your audition(s). However, if you are not a member, feel free to send your audition(s) to: email2.gif

Q - Will I be given credit for my role(s)?

A - Voice Actors will be given full credit for their role(s) in the mod's Read-Me.

Character List

Below is a list of all characters who require voice actors in BoS:SR. When a role has already been filled, it will have a line though it, like so.

Each role will be listed using the following template:

Name: The characters name.

Role Size: This is the size of the characters role. Each character will be one of the following categories:

Main - Characters under this category are the roles which have the most lines of dialogue to record, ranging from roles which rival party members for number of lines, to those who are just above the next category. These are lead characters, and thus the most important.

Secondary - Characters under this category are in the middle ground. They aren't roles with only a few lines, yet they aren't roles which lots of voiced lines. These are usually characters who feature in side-quests.

Miscellaneous - Characters under this category are the roles which have the fewest lines of dialogue to voice. These may be characters who are just there to add to the scenery, or characters with only have a small role to play in a quest.

Background: A brief description of the characters in-game history.

Notes: This is basically where I describe what I imagine the character would sound like, and should serve as at least a starting point for the performance.

Screenshot: A screenshot showing what this character will look like in game. If a character doesn't have a screenshot, it's because his appearance can be easily described using text. (Example: Generic Czerka Employee)

Audition Dialogue: If you intend to audition for a character, this is the dialogue you must use in your audition recording. Depending on the character, it may be 1 line, or it may be a few. Also, some lines will come with additional instructions, which indicate how I would like the line to be spoken.

Male Parts

Name: Jedi Master Darius Solomon

Role Size: Main

Background: Darius Solomon is Shadow's (Matilda) former Jedi Master who has seemingly come back from the dead to have his revenge. (Solomon's Revenge)

Notes: Solomon is a proud Jedi Master, and his voice should reflect this.

Screenshot: Click Here, Here and Here.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - At last, amid the battlefields of the Outer Rim... I have found you.

2 - Matilda, conflict and sacrifice serve as the evolution of character. In war, we can find ourselves - or redefine ourselves. But only if we fight with all our heart for a cause that we believe in.

3 - It was in your potential to become my protégé; to become the greatest of Jedi. Yet you became what now stands before me. A shell.

("Shell" should be spoken with disgust)

Name: Kobayashi

Background: Kobayashi is a scout hired by Czerka to map out the Korriban Wastes.

Notes: Kobayashi is basically your token cocky, sarcastic Han Solo character.

Screenshot: Click Here

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Living on the Outer Rim teaches you a few things. The first and most important being how look after yourself. Let's just say I learned that lesson the hard way.

2 - Then let's be grateful that the Sith's ideology isn't the ruling one, otherwise we both wouldn't be here having this conversation.

3 - If there is any truth to the rumours I've been hearing, the crazies down there will tear you a new one long before you ever reach the Korriban Wastes. Watch yourself, and watch Sera. She may seem invincible, but take my word for it, she ain't.

(Sera is pronounced SE-RA)

Name: Verbal

Background: Verbal is Kobayashi's Protocol Droid partner/assistant.

Notes: Verbal is for all intents and purposes, the complete opposite to C3PO. Whilst C3PO's personality was based on a stereotypical English butler, Verbal's personality is based on a stereotypical English Lord. He is very arrogant, he thinks he is always right, and is often confused on who is the master and who is the droid in his relationship with his maker Kobayashi. Voice wise, I always imagined him sounding like the Protocol Droid on Taris that said something like "I cannot render assistance civilian, move along."

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Master, every day you discover new ways to disappoint me.

2 - Master, the Sith is of secondary importance. I am your primary concern. Perform the promised maintenance, I will accept no further excuses.

Name: Mandalore the Ultimate

Notes: Mandalore the Ultimate is the leader of the Mandalorians. He fights and is then killed by Revan at the Battle of Malachor V. For more info, visit here

Personality: Mandalore not only needs to look powerful, he needs to sound powerful. His voice should be itself enough to command respect. I always imagined him sounding similar to Canderous.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Welcome to the Battle of Malachor V, Revan. We meet at last.

2 - I may be defeated, but as long as a single Mandalorian lives; as long as a new Mandalore is chosen... we will survive.

3 - Warriors, you continue to fight our enemies with every ounce of strength that remains in your bodies. There is a great honour in your struggle, and in your sacrifice. I commend you for your efforts, for there is no greater death than one found on the field of battle.

Name: Corrupted Messenger

Role Size: Medium

Background: This guy is a just someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He has been "corrupted" by what appears to be the dark side.

Notes: He should sound like your stereotypical drug addict. So he speaks quickly, and sounds like he's constantly on edge.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - He spoke to me, the black robed man. Told me you would come here. Told me that the disturbance he created would coax you from your hiding place.

Name: Berloc

Background: Berloc is a concerned Czerka Miner.

Notes: Berloc is as normal as they come.

Screenshot: (N/A), He looks like a generic Czerka employee.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Thank you for accepting my plea for help. The truth will be difficult to find, but I believe you can succeed.

Name: Czerka Commando

Background: A Czerka Commando who is currently stationed on Dreshdae.

Notes: He's just generally not a very nice person, and seems to dislike anything that isn't human. I always imagined him speaking like a upper-class English man who enjoys hunting things.

Screenshot: Click Here (Guy on the right, between the 2 droids)

Audition Dialogue:

1 - You there! Since you did nothing but watch whilst I skillfully dispatched that savage beast, you will have the luxury of disposing of it's corpse.

Name: Roosh

Background: Roosh is a Bounty Hunter who has fallen on hard times.

Screenshot: (N/A), looks like a generic smuggler, but wearing combat armour.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - A man who doesn't protect himself here is a fool. And I am no fool. This is Korriban, a Sith planet, a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

2 - What? You actually believe you can stop me? Ha! If I were you, I'd stand still, it'll all be over in a heartbeat.

Name: Sith Chastiser

Background: This is the Sith responsible for punishing unproductive employees on the Castigation Level of the Mining Facility. He is a man who takes great pride in what he does, torturing people.

Notes: He is basically as evil they come. So feel free to be creative in how you approach his voice.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Ah, what a pleasant surprise, a Jedi. Have you come here seeking to join the Sith, or to destroy them?

Name: Zeven Etta

Background: Zeven Etta is a Mandalorian who now resides on Dreshdae.

Notes: Like all Mandalorians, he is tough - and so he should sound tough.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Yeah, what do you want? Can't you see I'm trying to train here?

Name: Mythus Hunt

Background: Mythus Hunt is a man of some authority within the Mining Facility on Dreshdae, and is in negotiations with a high-ranking member of the Exchange.

Notes: Jedi Master Darius Solomon

Audition Dialogue:

1 - I am very willing to cooperate with you. I have nothing but contempt for the Administration here, and have no qualms about betraying them.

Name: Dark Jedi

Background: This guy is your stereotypical, bad to the bone, Dark Jedi.

Notes: He should speak like every other Dark Jedi in the game (For example, the "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris...)

Screenshot: Click Here (Guy on the left)

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Your simple tricks may work on the weak minded, but not a Sith.

Name: Admiral Magnus Cole

Background: Magnus Cole is a long serving Admiral of the Republic Navy. Currently, he is in command of a Hammerhead-Class Cruiser named the Formidable.

Notes: I always imagined him sounding a little like Grand Moff Tarkin.

Screenshot: Click Here (Guy in the middle)

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Hammerhead-class cruiser Orion, this is Admiral Magnus Cole of the Formidable. Under the jurisdiction and authority granted to me by the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, I hereby place you all under arrest.

2 - Then you leave me with few choices. You have chosen to defy my authority, and so you will suffer the consequences.

Name: Republic Captain

Background: Admiral Cole's second in command.

Notes: This guy is Admiral Cole's protege, so he shouldn't be too dissimilar personality wise.

Screenshot: Click Here (He is identical in appearance to the guys on the left and right.)

Audition Dialogue:

1 - I am not interested in prisoners, we already have enough of them. Tell him to put it back where he found it.

Name: Republic Soldier

Role Size: Miscellaneous

Background: This guy is a Republic soldier.

Notes: He should sound similar to KOTOR's Republic soldiers. Think of Trask, the tutorial guy.

Screenshot: (N/A), looks like a generic Republic soldier.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - We should push the Mandies back whilst we still have the chance!

Name: Czerka Employees

Background: These guys are just normal Czerka Employees.

Personality: Should sound similar to the Czerka employees on Korriban and Kashyyyk

Screenshot: (N/A), looks like a generic Czerka employee.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - I knew was only a matter of time before something went wrong with the mining operations. If the Sith are to be believed, there are things hidden beneath Korriban's surface that are best left buried.

Name: Czerka Technician

Background: These guys are like Czerka Employees, except that they focus more on fixing things.

Notes: See "Czerka Employees"

Audition Dialogue:

1 - I need to go up to the Main Level more often, I keep hearing something about an incident on the Residential Level.

Name: Czerka Miners

Background: These are Czerka Employees who spend their days mining the catacombs beneath the surface of Korriban.

Notes: They should sound similar to the Czerka Employees on Korriban and Kashyyyk, but a little more gruff.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - I have a few friends who were down in the Residential Level when the incident happened. I hope they are all right.

Name: Drug Addict/Drunk

Background: He is a spice addict who has had one too many Juma Juices.

Notes: He should pretty drunk.

Screenshot: (N/A), appearance is the same as the Czerka Miners.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - Hey... that's strange... I lost again... that doesn't usually happen... don't have many credits left at all now...

Name: Sith Trooper

Background: This guy is a Sith Trooper, suprised?

Notes: Use the voices of KOTOR's Sith Troopers as a starting point. Try to match that as accurately as possible.

Screenshot: (N/A), looks like a generic Sith Trooper.

1 - Beyond this door lies a region named the Korriban Wastes. A hostile, barren environment, restricted to all but authorized Sith personnel.

Female Parts

Name: Telana

Background: Telana was one of Shadow's (Matilda) childhood friends, and is Solomon's niece. She is a Jedi Knight.

Notes: Like Solomon, she is a proud individual. I always imagined her sounding very much like Bastila.

Screenshot: Click Here, and Here (Ignore the dialogue, it's out of date.).

Audition Dialogue:

1 - What my uncle believes also happens to be what the rest of the Jedi Order believes. War brings out the worst in people... Jedi especially.

("Jedi especially" should be spoken with some sadness. The line refers to the Great Sith War, where many Jedi fell to the dark side)

2 - I have waited for you. The root of all my sorrow.

3 - Yet the gaping hole left by this sacrifice of identity was never replaced with a new one. Instead, I think... you became something else.

(She speaks with remorse, as if she feels sorry for the person she is speaking with.)

Name: Administrator’s Secretary

Background: She is the Administrator's secretary.

Notes: She should sound very corporate, like your average stereotypical secretary.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - I'm sorry, but I cannot comment on the details of the incident at the present time. However, I can assure you that Czerka Corporation is actively working to resolve the incident as soon as possible.

2 - Czerka Corporation wishes you a pleasant stay here at Dreshdae.

Name: Republic Soldier

Background: Just more meat for the grinder.

Notes: Should sound similar to the Republic Soldiers featured in the main game.

Screenshot: (N/A), looks like a generic female Republic soldier.

Audition Dialogue:

1 - The soldiers are giving everything they have and more! But if we're still dug in like this when those reinforcements arrive, we won't survive for much longer!

I'd like to thank everything who auditions for a part in advance. I obviously cannot guarantee 100% that if you audition, you will get a part. But if you are good, then there's a strong chance.

If I feel that you are the right person for a part, I will contact you via PM (Lucasforum Members), or Email (to the email address that you sent me your audition files)

------------------------------------------------------

To some this is probably may come as no surprise, to others it might come as a total surprise - But I'm proud to announce that the development of a sequel to "Brotherhood of Shadow"! This is still be for the original KOTOR, and will serve as a continuation/conclusion to events that started during the original BoS.

It's been in constant development for around 3 months now, since early October , and a good amount of content has been created already, some of which will be available to preview in this WIP thread. It's titled "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge".

In contract to the original BoS, which could be described as a linear experience - BoS:Solomon's Revenge could be comparable with a typical new planet mod, where you are free to explore areas, completing side quests and talking to characters whilst you pursue the goals related to the man quest.

logo.jpg

General Information

- A whole new lengthy main quest, plus a collection of size quests.

- The quest will take place in a collection of new areas - Reskins of existing modules. The majority of these new areas will be on Korriban.

- A collection of interesting, developed characters, some returning from the original BoS, others entirely new. Some, will include custom voice acting. Which is discussed in depth, further down the page.

- Discover the answers to mysteries developed in the original BoS, such as the identity of the mysterious "One Legged Wookiee".

- Learn about the history of the character "Matilda", her life as a Jedi, and her motivations for doing what she did.

- New items and weapons will be included. Some of which are previewed in this post.

- Some improvements and changes to the original BoS.

Storyline Information

Master Solomon, former Jedi Master of "Matilda", the ally from Revan's past who survived the events of the Orion has returned. To Matilda's complete dismay, the man she thought had died during the heights of the Mandalorian Wars, the Second Battle of Taris - Has some how managed to escape death and come back to confront her.

Now, Matilda must choose her path wisely as she and her friend and mentor - Former Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Revan, pursue this renegade Jedi across the planet Korriban - Drawn to an inevitable confrontation with the man she betrayed that will change the fates of all those involved forever.

Characters - Here are some biographies of some of the main characters that will be involved in the events of "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge".

matilda.gif

Alias(s): Matilda, Sera Degana

Description: "Matilda" was once a Padawan, training at the Jedi Academy on Dantooine. But, like so many other Jedi of that era, embraced the call of battle and followed the Jedi Knight Revan to battle, leaving the life of a Jedi behind her. As one of the most talented Padawans to join Revan’s cause. Matilda was assigned to serve on Revan’s flagship during the duration of the Mandalorian Wars.

Matilda's power in the Force was matched only by the unnaturally strong level of devotion she displayed to Revan. And following the formation of Revan's new Sith Empire, "Matilda" was rewarded with a position of power within the new order. She became Darth Revan's "Shadow", a personal weapon that the Dark Lord could release upon all those who stood in the way.

Following Malak's betrayal, Matilda was ordered into a state of exile by her defeated Master. She took up a life of obscurity, posing as a merchant aboard the Trader/Smuggler, waiting until the day came, if it came at all - Where her Master would return to shape galactic events once more.

Matilda now travels with Revan on his quest to find the Star Forge, having both survived "The Tragedy of the Orion".

solomon.jpg

Name: Jedi Master Rann Solomon

Description: Rann Solomon was an Echani Jedi Master active in the Order prior and during the events of the Mandalorian Wars. As with all Echani, he was gifted in the arts of hand to hand combat – And especially lethal in the ways of Lightsaber combat.

Prior to the events of the Mandalorian Wars, he had a Padawan - of whom shared his talents with the arts of physical combat. This Padawan was "Matilda", the same Padawan who would abandon both him and the Jedi to join Revan and his Crusadors in their quest to defeat the Mandalorians.

He was one of the Jedi Masters who openly opposed Jedi intervention to the Wars. Citing Revan was a fraud, that he/she used the Wars as an excuse to break free from the Jedi to fulfil his/her own ends. He also foresaw that the Wars would bring further doom to the galaxy. That he could sense a greater evil that sought to rise to control a broken galaxy the Wars would leave in it’s wake. He was devastated when his Padawan, of whom he considered as one of the only people he could trust, joined Revan in his/her War. Disobeying him utterly.

Though to have died during the Second Battle of Taris, he mysteriously returns - much to the surprise of his former Padawan, Matilda.

kobayashi.jpg

Name: Kobayashi

Description: Kobayahsi is an Arkanian, or more specifically - One of the offshoot species that used to be considered Arkanian. He is a freelance scout working for corporations, scouting out locations for future developments, that pressure - political or otherwise, had forbid them from doing it themselves.

He currently works for Czerka, who have showed a recent interest in expanding their Mining Operations on Korriban into the nearby Korriban Wastes.

Locations, Environments

Locations featured within the mod at the moment consist of a number of reskinned environments based upon stuff that already exists in the game. An example below shows one of the many areas that when combined, form the "Korriban Wastes". The below is reskinned from the Dantooine Grove area:

Korriban Wastes

This is only one of a number of reskinned existing environments that feature in the mod. Others, though not all - Are previewed in the screenshots supplied.

New Items, Weapons

As with BoS, this mod will feature a collection of new Armours, Robes and Weapons that will be available for the player to wear. Below, is an example of two of the items that will be available in the mod.

armour1.jpgarmour2.jpg

Voice Acting

I'm planning to use voice acting for the dialogue spoken by some chief characters featured in the mod. Though, for the moment I'm not planning on recruiting or auditioning for possible voice actors - This will come at a later stage of development, once I'm certain that no dialogue rewrites, small or large, need to take place that otherwise force a rerecording of any lines of dialogue, had it been done at an early stage.

This stage will come later. As will all details of parts available.

Brotherhood of Shadow

I'm planning a number of changes to the original Brotherhood of Shadow, all of which will be included with the release package of "BoS: Solomons Revenge". One of the changes that I'll reveal at this stage is the implementation of fully skippable dialogue.

FAQ - Here are answers to questions that will no doubt be asked, I'll add to this list as the thread grows - Saving the same question being asked multiple times. :p

[Q] Which game is this for?

[A] BoS: Solomons Revenge is being developed for the original KOTOR, and will be a continuation of the original Brotherhood of Shadow mod, also developed for the original KOTOR>

[Q] How do I access the content featured in this mod?

[A] The content added by this mod will be accessible by the player travelling to Korriban after the original Brotherhood of Shadow mod has been fully completed - Including Matilda's dialogue, and the flashbacks associated with it.

[Q] Will dialogue be skippable?

[A] Yes, some sections will be skippable, whilst others that contain movement or actions, will not be skippable. Exactly how it is in the main game itself.

[Q] How many New Areas are featured in this mod?

[A] However many are needed to tell the story I want to tell in this mod.

[Q] How long will it take me to complete the mod?

[A] That depends on the amount of time your willing to spend exploring the additional content that lies beyond the main quest. At this time, I can't give an accurate figure on how long BoS:Solomons Revenge would last, gameplay wise.

[Q] When will this mod be released

[A] Whenever it's done.

[Q] Can I join your team and help you with the development of BoS:Solomon's Revenge?

[A] As with the original BoS, I'm working on BoS:Solomons revenge alone (With exception to voice acting). However, should I require additional aid on something, I'll be contacting whoever I feel has the skills and experience to help directly rather then publicly posting it as an "open position" in this WIP thread.

Preview Screenshots

- Lightsaber Duel

- Second Battle of Taris

- Second Battle of Taris, 2

- Kobayashi

- Czerka

- Czerka 2

- Czerka 3

- Sith Lightning

- Corridor of Doom

- A section of the Korriban Wastes

- Republic Troops vs Mandalorians

- Spooky Mining Tunnels

- Locked up

- Rumour has it...

- Wanton Slaughter

- The Orion

- The Orion 2

- Captain and Drix, no more Taris or Sith Fighters

- Crazy Rodian

- Bad luck for Matilda

- For Mand'alor!

- This belongs on a poster

- Mandalorians Assault

- Mandalorians Assault

- Pay Per View

- Gas Attack

- Solomon

- Czerka Mining Facility CCTV

- Droid Battle

- The Distant Shape

- I have a bad feeling about this...

- No Mask

- Orion

- Mec Han'ic

Dialogue/Text, preview

SYSTEM COMMAND ACCEPTED

LOG ID:0625 RETRIEVED

CZERKA ID: 0112-1456

AUTHOR: Dr Orrello Varn

POSITION: Actining Physician

SUBJECT: Strange Events in the Mining Tunnels

A few weeks ago, a number of Miners stationed in the night shift had reported an unusual experience within the mines, an odd one at that. Allegedly, whilst they were working they heard a number of strange noises. They were whispers, whispers that were coming from the darkened tunnels that the operations had not yet expanded to, as of the time of the original reports.

Upon investigating these strange whispers, the three investigating miners came across a most shocking discovery. Allegedly, they had witnessed the materialisation, and subsequent de-materialisation of entities of an unknown origin. At first, I had dismissed such an occurrence as the result of an overworked mind, exhausted from the harsh physical demands of mining within these tunnels.

But following my cross-referencing of the accounts of each of the three witness’s involved in the incident, I knew that it was more then just the tricks of fatigued minds. Each of the miners witnessed the appearance of two mysterious beings. The first was described the same by all three miners that were witness’s to this strange occurrence. A tall man with silver hair, of whom wore the face of a demon and the smile of a seducer.

But in each case, the description of the second being to materialize differed considerably between the three.

They all saw themselves, as if the being was merely a mirror that lay before them. But there were some noticeable differences. The first miner noted that the appearance of his double was one that evoked pure rage, with blood stained upon the eyes, mouth and fingernails. Whilst the eyes were devoid of any signs of reason or understanding.

The second miner saw himself as the departed, with a broken body and a fatal neck wound. Whilst the third recognised only the double’s body, for the head was disfigured and maimed beyond any hope of recognition.

This was the first... and last report of such an occurrence within the Mining Tunnels. Successive investigations by both myself and a few enthusiastic miners yielded no results of any degree of interest.

I confess I am no academic, my knowledge of the Jedi’s so called “Force” could be described as limited at best. But allegedly, places exist within the galaxy that are known to radiate above-average levels of this mysterious Force energy – And as such, are known to affect those unprepared or untrained to defend against such anomalies.

Perhaps the energies within the tunnel affected the miners in some way? Made them imagine things that were not there? Illusions if you must. It’s quite a theory to accept, I admit, especially coming from a man of medicine such as myself– But as the Jedi are known to say, the Force works in mysterious ways.

I feel no need to officially report this to Administrator Degan. I have no desire to be sent to the Castigation Level under the premise of “Mental delusions”. I will continue with my scheduled appointments and take no further action in regards to the incident.

SYSTEM COMMAND ACCEPTED

LOG ID:0638 RETRIEVED

CZERKA ID: 0112-1456

AUTHOR: Dr Orrello Varn

POSITION: Actining Physician

SUBJECT: The worst has happened

I was a fool to do nothing about that incident in the Mining Tunnels. I only wish I had the wisdom to see then, what I know now.

Today, whilst on one of my routine walks down the corridors of this facility – I witnessed the passing of a man. I had never seen this man before, yet I felt like I knew him. He was clad in a hooded, long black robe that hid his features from casual glance.

Yet I saw his face – The face of a demon. He smiled at me, a smile of horror, of evil… of seduction – And I ran, I ran as fast I could to be away from his presence.

An hour later, upon emerging from my hiding place, a nervous wreck – I noticed that some of the employees stationed on this floor were all moving rapidly towards a destination, as if they were being drawn by some unknown force. I, and a few other employees, of whom were seemingly unaffected by such impulses followed.

We had found them at the entrance to the Mining Tunnels – A group of roughly thirty employees, including what appeared to be the entire mining force of the day shift that were supposed to be in the mines. At the helm of this group stood the man I had encountered earlier – His features no longer hidden by the long black robe he wore.

His silver hair now gleamed under the light emitted above, and his eyes glowed with an unnatural hue of fiery colours. He raised his arms, as if to reach out and grasp some unseen force lingering above – Soon afterwards he spoke the words “Trials lie ahead, you are but veils of Shadow…. Arise, become greater beings.”

At that moment, everything changed. The men and women that were seemingly under his influence began to shake uncontrollably, blood seeped from there eyes and mouths – And then any signs of reason… of humanity, disappeared as swiftly as the silver haired man.

In what must have been mere minutes, seemed as hours as I ran down the corridor towards the elevator. I could hear the screams of those who were being torn to shreds behind me – Followed by the inhuman cries of those who were… lost to reason.

The sound of the pursuer behind me was gradually getting louder. It was faster then me, it would catch me… it would kill me. I couldn’t make it to the elevator – I needed to survive, I didn’t want to die like this. I ran for my office – barely making it, the door was swiftly closed and locked behind me. I was safe, I was alive.

For hours I sat there, scared. The screams of those unfortunate enough to fall victim to these inhuman monsters were muffled by the sound of my former pursuer – relentlessly clawing at the door, trying to claim the prey that by all rights, was his to claim.

My mind wondered back to the incident within the Mining Tunnels a few weeks ago. The silver haired demon, the seductive smile, the corruption… the death – It was a momentary glimpse into the future, a warning even. I should have paid more attention, I should have investigated further, I feel now that everyone here is paying the price for my lack of judgement.

But I have no intentions of staying here, waiting for my pursuer to break down this door and kill me. Despite my failings, I’ve been lucky – I’ve got myself a mining laser that I managed to snag a few months back. It won’t do much harm against the monsters outside… but that isn’t my plan. I won’t be a victim to fear, not anymore.

I'll try to post a few updates every week as development continues. Any comments, idea or suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting this was a mistake...

Now you have there'll be a truck load of harassment PM's coming your way! :lol:

You'll get alot of support on this as many including myself loved the original BoS...

Good luck with it!

I'm not the best modder ever but if theres anything you feel I could do let me know!

Can't wait for the release... :D

Good Luck with the sequel to my favorite mod.

Edit: Ohh and if you want to make the voice of a droid download **** Talker

Edit2: You'll will also need a program that can record the computer sound. I use Audacity Becuase it's free but I'm not an pro on that kind of program so it would be best to ask somebody else.

You might not even want to use a robot in this mod :p

A sample if you would be intrested

How you manage to do all this, is beyond me. It's truly amazing, considering how much content it involves, how much scripts and dialog that needs to be written. Brotherhood of Shadow brought something fresh to the Kotor modding community, and to playing Kotor. I hope the same will happen with this expansion, but whatever the case, I know this'll be good. Good luck and stay sane! :)

Well, this is a pleasant surprise thread to stumble onto. I'll join the swarming throngs of your mod's worshipers to shout out 'oooh, this should be fun to download!'

A thing about one of the screenshots, by the way - Revan was stated to be the Supreme Commander of the Republic's forces rather than a general a fair number of times. But that is the Second Battle of Taris, isn't it? I've not kept up with anything that's happened in the KotOR comics... (not with the Revanchist, bleh) Anyways, just wondering if that trivial detail is canonically accurate.

And just so this post doesn't look like I'm obsessing over a minor detail, very nice reskins of the existing areas, btw. The Hidden Bek base especially looks almost brand new. (The 6th shot with the blue-visored person reminds me more of the Telos military base than the Bek one in fact.)

Aha! I knew something had to be up when you asked your questions about a new planet. I was right. cow_tiny.gif Looks cool, as did the original BoS.

Yeah, I figured some people would figure it out based on all the questions I asked about stuff like that. :p

How you manage to do all this, is beyond me. It's truly amazing, considering how much content it involves, how much scripts and dialog that needs to be written. Brotherhood of Shadow brought something fresh to the Kotor modding community, and to playing Kotor. I hope the same will happen with this expansion, but whatever the case, I know this'll be good. Good luck and stay sane! :)

To be honest, I've spent more time in Microsoft Word planning the whole thing. I can imagine by the time it's done they'd be enough dialogue to fill a small novel.

This time everything is more planned, more streamlined - And far less "make it us as you go along", which was the case with the original BoS. If I were to describe it in terms of movies, It would probably be a mixture of The Usual Suspects, tossed into a lethal pot of Apocalypse Now. :p

Well, this is a pleasant surprise thread to stumble onto. I'll join the swarming throngs of your mod's worshipers to shout out 'oooh, this should be fun to download!'

A thing about one of the screenshots, by the way - Revan was stated to be the Supreme Commander of the Republic's forces rather than a general a fair number of times. But that is the Second Battle of Taris, isn't it? I've not kept up with anything that's happened in the KotOR comics... (not with the Revanchist, bleh) Anyways, just wondering if that trivial detail is canonically accurate.

And just so this post doesn't look like I'm obsessing over a minor detail, very nice reskins of the existing areas, btw. The Hidden Bek base especially looks almost brand new. (The 6th shot with the blue-visored person reminds me more of the Telos military base than the Bek one in fact.)

It's been stated somewhere that Revan was a Jedi General during the Wars, otherwise it wouldn't say on Wookiepedia. :p

And currently, the KOTOR comics have been developing events aroudn the First Battle of Taris, which is before the Jedi entered the War officially. And I encourage "obsessing over minor details", I'm always interested in what people notice.

A few new screenshots.

A section of the Korriban Wastes

Republic Troops vs Mandalorians

Man,

:drool:

Great reskins of the Hidden Beks base !

And the last screenie :Republic Troops vs Mandalorians

Looks a lot like a shot of the opening scénes of Lotr , where the elfs

swing up their blades :lol:

Anyway I'll have to play BoS ... had to clean out my override for my

Temple to work .

But I guess this won't be out soon .

Do I smell a small Trilogy ? :p

Man,

:drool:

Great reskins of the Hidden Beks base !

And the last screenie :Republic Troops vs Mandalorians

Looks a lot like a shot of the opening scénes of Lotr , where the elfs

swing up their blades :lol:

Anyway I'll have to play BoS ... had to clean out my override for my

Temple to work .

But I guess this won't be out soon .

Do I smell a small Trilogy ? :p

Actually no, call it the "Brotherhood of Shadow Duology". "Revenge of Solomon" will be the last project on this scale that I undertake. Afterwards, I'm just going to stick to small stuff like on the same scale as the Darth Bane Pack I did a while ago.

It's been stated somewhere that Revan was a Jedi General during the Wars, otherwise it wouldn't say on Wookiepedia. :p {snip} And I encourage "obsessing over minor details", I'm always interested in what people notice.

Oooh, delightful. To expound a bit on that detail, 'Jedi General' is a rather generic term for high-ranking Jedi rather than a specific rank - I'm sure some of them would have been admirals, members of the high command, or even colonels/vice admirals for the less experienced ones, but attaching 'Jedi' to that rank doesn't really have the same ring, no? :p

But on the specific issue, I think it's fairly well-implied Revan held that specific rank of supreme commander - generals are given command of an army at most, certainly not direct control of a third of a state's armed forces.

Oooh, delightful. To expound a bit on that detail, 'Jedi General' is a rather generic term for high-ranking Jedi rather than a specific rank - I'm sure some of them would have been admirals, members of the high command, or even colonels/vice admirals for the less experienced ones, but attaching 'Jedi' to that rank doesn't really have the same ring, no? :p

But on the specific issue, I think it's fairly well-implied Revan held that specific rank of supreme commander - generals are given command of an army at most, certainly not direct control of a third of a state's armed forces.

At the time, I probably didn't think deeply enough about that topic whilst I wrote that section of dialogue. So given Revan's role in the Republic Navy at that time, it's fair to say "Commander Revan" would be the more accurate term to use.

Anyways, the first rule of making a mod, is to make the mod for yourself - And what YOU would like to see, but I haven't completely discarded the idea of using ideas that have been suggested. :p

In the original BoS, the Visions/Flashbacks of Revan were probably one of the more popular sections of the package? Certain sections of the mod will be based around similar themes. Keeping in mind what can and cannot be done within KOTOR? What sort of memories would you like to see?

Awesome! Something else to get excited for (other than TSLRP). Can't wait.

By the way, is that Arikakon Sin guy from the first mod gonna have some kind of role in this, or is it too early for you to say?

It's not too early to say, the plot is figured out - It's just if or not I'm willing to spill details on what transpires over the course of the mod. :p

Solomon is considered to be the main "villian" (Not to say that he's evil :p) of the main quest, hence the title. Although, like I mentioned - some characters from the original BoS will be making a return, and I refuse to let some of the more interesting ones which were developed during the course of the original mod fall by the wayside. :p

It's just if or not I'm willing to spill details on what transpires over the course of the mod. :PM

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if my question was unclear. ;)

Although, like I mentioned - some characters from the original BoS will be making a return, and I refuse to let some of the more interesting ones which were developed during the course of the original mod fall by the wayside. :p

All right, that's good enough for me.

Fantastic. Keep up the good work and I hope it's as surprising as the original BoS was for me.

What sort of memories would you like to see?

Now that you've mentioned it.... Since you're focusing more on the mandalorian Wars on this one, why not memories of other important happenings that took place on that time? I would love to see a flashback of Revan on his/her flagship, ordering his/her "Best General" to fire the Mass Shadow Generator. We know who I'm talking about.

And I'm sure you'll do something special concerning the "One Legged Wookie"... It may be not who we think "it" is. ;)

EDIT:Oh I want the Mechanic to show on this one!

Fantastic. Keep up the good work and I hope it's as surprising as the original BoS was for me.

Now that you've mentioned it.... Since you're focusing more on the mandalorian Wars on this one, why not memories of other important happenings that took place on that time? I would love to see a flashback of Revan on his/her flagship, ordering his/her "Best General" to fire the Mass Shadow Generator. We know who I'm talking about.

And I'm sure you'll do something special concerning the "One Legged Wookie"... It may be not who we think "it" is. ;)

I never said it I'm focusing more on the Mandalorian Wars. As with the original BoS, at times you will get to play sections of gameplay from the Mandalorian Wars that somehow serve to further the story of the main plot. :p

Besides, how would you suggest the Jedi Exile be portrayed? Given the issues concerning the fact that the player in K2 - Chooses name, appearance and gender? :p

And the One-Legged-Wookiee will have a meaningful purpose in the plot, that I can guarantee. :p

I never said it I'm focusing more on the Mandalorian Wars. As with the original BoS, at times you will get to play sections of gameplay from the Mandalorian Wars that somehow serve to further the story of the main plot. :p

You didn't. I'm assuming, seeing that you'll portray the Battle of Taris, and a Master that was supposed to have died on it. The original BoS had flashbacks directed to the after conflict of the Wars.

Besides, how would you suggest the Jedi Exile be portrayed? Given the issues concerning the fact that the player in K2 - Chooses name, appearance and gender? :p

More or less in the way Revan is. She/he don't need to appear and can be treated as the "Best General" or another alias. Anyway, he/she can be mentioned. As well as the fatidic battle of Malachor V.

What sort of memories would you like to see?

Like Ctrl_Alt_Del I want the Malachor battle. What a good Idea would be if you used ship modules so like the when the Mandalorians invade (Said in K2).

So the Jedi and the Mandalorians battle one those Ships.

And you can also have and maybe have a vision of Revan seeing the bombing of telos as Malak commanded

Archived