Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, this is amazing. BoS was/is amazing! This looks even more spectacular, I guess this means you woant be doing a big mod like this for K2? Lol, looks great.

Before I do anything for K2, I want to play the "Complete" version. So I'm patiently waiting for the restoration project to be completed.

are there recruitable characters, if so who do they replace
BoS:SR adds content related to a recruitable character that was added in the original BoS.

I have just one question. Where are you getting the ideas for Revan's past? I was under the impression that there wasn't any mention of it in any kind reference material.
I get what information from sources such as the games themselves and Wookiepedia concerning actual established material. The rest is purely speculation/fan fiction on my behalf.

Anyways, a few more screenshots of random things from random places in the mod. Some are to related to the main quest, others related to sidequests.

- Spooky Mining Tunnels

- Locked up

- Rumour has it...

- Wanton Slaughter

It's not too early to say, the plot is figured out - It's just if or not I'm willing to spill details on what transpires over the course of the mod. :p

Solomon is considered to be the main "villian" (Not to say that he's evil :p) of the main quest, hence the title. Although, like I mentioned - some characters from the original BoS will be making a return, and I refuse to let some of the more interesting ones which were developed during the course of the original mod fall by the wayside. :p

I certainly hope you mean that the Mechanic, Daemon Drexel and his goons return as well, because they were interesting characters in their own ways.

Anyways, loved the first mod and I hope to see how this one turns out. Good luck!

LOL Quote from "Rumour has it..." pic

"Strange, the lockdown was initiated only a few days after the strange man in the black cloak passed through......."

IT'S SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (One Winged Angel begins playing)

The funny thing is, the comparisons to FFVII weren't intentional at all, but then I noticed it and slipped that line of dialogue in as a "homage" :p.

You are essentially doing the same thing as Cloud and Co, tracking a mysterious person from the past along a landmass. :p

I certainly hope you mean that the Mechanic, Daemon Drexel and his goons return as well, because they were interesting characters in their own ways.

Anyways, loved the first mod and I hope to see how this one turns out. Good luck!

The thing is, Daemon Drexel is a character of who's fate is player decided in the original BoS, so that practically makes it impossible to have him as a character central to the plot. Still, the same couldn't be said of the Mechanic. :p

The thing is, Daemon Drexel is a character of who's fate is player decided in the original BoS, so that practically makes it impossible to have him as a character central to the plot. Still, the same couldn't be said of the Mechanic. :p

Since it's for the same game, a conditional script which would check what the player had done to Drexel is possible, right?

LOL Quote from "Rumour has it..." pic

"Strange, the lockdown was initiated only a few days after the strange man in the black cloak passed through......."

IT'S SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (One Winged Angel begins playing)

I thought about the same thing.

Since it's for the same game, a conditional script which would check what the player had done to Drexel is possible, right?

Too much unnecessary work. He would have to do very different scenarios, what would just enlarge the cooking time for the mod. Anyway, even if he chose to add him on the game, it could be done on a conversation, just as in K2.

Too much unnecessary work. He would have to do very different scenarios, what would just enlarge the cooking time for the mod. Anyway, even if he chose to add him on the game, it could be done on a conversation, just as in K2.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Just saying it is possible, but with a mod this big, it'd be just a huge chuck more to write dialog and scripts for.

Technically it's possible, just a simple conditional script. But storywise it draws up a number of problems. If Daemon Drexel had a major role to play in the plot, I would also have draw up another support scenario that would somehow fill that gap if the player decides he should die in the original BoS. And stuff like that would weaken the plot overall. :p

Besides, that isn't to say that he will be left out completely. There's more then one way to develop a character then having him as a primary villian in the plot, and there is nothing that says being dead should stop that. :p

I'm not saying it would be technically difficult to do. I'm saying I don't feel it would be the best choice to highlight the importance of a character in the plot, when that character's fate is decided at an earlier point by the choices of the player.

But like I said, Daemon Drexel will feature in the story - Just not in the form your probably expecting. :p

Besides, that isn't to say that he will be left out completely. There's more then one way to develop a character then having him as a primary villian in the plot, and there is nothing that says being dead should stop that. :p

Fascinating. It seems not only Force Sensitives turn on ghosts now. :D

Fascinating. It seems not only Force Sensitives turn on ghosts now. :D
Not quite. :p

Anyways, another one of the features that will be included in the mod will be a reskin of the Orion from the original BoS. To give it more of a unique look - Rather then it being just the Endar Spire.

Screenshots of it are below. Some showing the BoS Orion with the appearance changes, others showing... other things relating to the Orion and it's occupants. :p

Enjoy, and feel free to speculate as much as you want. I always enjoy reading people's thoughts on the story. :p

- The Orion

- The Orion 2

- Captain and Drix, no more Taris or Sith Fighters

- Crazy Rodian

- Bad luck for Matilda

You know, can't you make a small other patch for BoS just to remove the fighters and Taris from there? Also, of course, that line where the captain justifies the presence of the fighters. Nevermind, if you plan on releasing that with BoS:SR.

And great reskinning on the Endar Spire module. I wonder if we're going to see Orion again or this is another Republic ship.

What kind of requirements will Solomon's Revenge have in order to be played? Will the original BoS have to be installed in order for SR to function properly? I realize of course the answer gameplay wise, just curious if they can be played technically separate from each other.

The reason I am wondering is because after finally installing the original BoS, I found that it is incompatible with Jabba's Palace and thus I had to remove it. So I didn't actually play through the original; I suppose this kind of makes playing Solomon's Revenge redundant anyway. But I still ask if anything out of curiosity.

[Q] How do I access the content featured in this mod?

[A] The content added by this mod will be accessible by the player travelling to Korriban after the original Brotherhood of Shadow mod has been fully completed - Including Matilda's dialogue, and the flashbacks associated with it.

It's essentially a straight continuation of the original, so you will need to have them both installed at the same time.

Archived