Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

I'm not interested in creating anymore BoS-Sized mods after I finish development on BoS:SR, for either K1 or K2. They require so much of my free time to complete... I just can't do it all again after this. :p

I'm still going to release mods from time to time, they will just be small, simple projects on the same level as the Ajunta Pall or the Darth Bane projects.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you gonna have more dialog in than the first BoS. If so, will there be intermissions between dialogs?

It's probably going to be longer then the original BoS, which means both more dialogue and more gameplay.

What exactly do you mean by "Intermissions"? Isn't that what gameplay is for?

Yes, psicologic horror is the best, and the scariest. Anyone who played a Silent Hill game will agree.
:lol: A Definate, pick it over any Biohazard/RE game anyday (i wish the SH film would have been the same, shame really). The same of course can be said about Japanese & Korean Horror, atmosphere definately creates a better tension and fear build up rather than straight out blood & gore IMO; although the likes of Ju-On 2 combine blood, gore and atmosphere to create an even more horrifying experience - man i love my horror films! :D

Silveredge you are most impressive - i have to admit i was completely unexpecting this, but wow i really can't wait now! Completed the original BoS mod recently and it is quite exceptional, especially the work you did with the Matilda recruit. Keep up the good work Silver! :thumbsup:

Good to see the reskins of the Orion, definately gives the area it's own feel to it now and better integrates the area into the game i think, good work.

Brilliant reskinning of the Vulkar Base. So this must be the scary part... Hell yeah, that looks good.

:lol: A Definate, pick it over any Biohazard/RE game anyday (i wish the SH film would have been the same, shame really). The same of course can be said about Japanese & Korean Horror, atmosphere definately creates a better tension and fear build up rather than straight out blood & gore IMO; although the likes of Ju-On 2 combine blood, gore and atmosphere to create an even more horrifying experience - man i love my horror films! :D

That's why I like "mystery" movies rather than horror ones. For me, not showing horror thing is much more scary than showing it to much (e.g. bloodbaths, organ slashing, tearing lungs).

By intermissions I mean breaks in the dialog. No offense, but sometimes the LONG dialog can take forever before the character control is regained. What I'm saying is that will there be more gameplay sections then in the original BoS. Like more fighting.

Your "Orion" picture

"Captain" should be capitalized. . .

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change it when I get the chance.

I love those Mandalorian Assault screens. I'm really looking forward to that part of the game.
Trust me when I say that's only the tip of the iceberg concerning Mandalorions. ;)

By intermissions I mean breaks in the dialog. No offense, but sometimes the LONG dialog can take forever before the character control is regained. What I'm saying is that will there be more gameplay sections then in the original BoS. Like more fighting.
Personally, I find dialogue to be the most interesting part of RPG games. In the mod, for as much dialogue as there will be, there will be an equal amount of gameplay. And there's probably more dialogue then the original BoS, but as already mentioned it will all be fully skippable for you heretics out there. :)

I just finished what I believe to be the best Module Reskin I've ever done... I just can't believe how great it's turned out. Still, no screenshots of that yet - That's for the future. :p

Will you be doing (or accepting) any voice over?

"Auditioning" voice actors for characters will be a done at a later stage in development when the majority of dialogue is in the mod in it's final form. When that time comes I'll update this thread with a major post detailing information regarding this stage. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhh... another amazing mod from Silveredge. I can hardly wait. ^_^ I just have a few questions.

Any hints on what we can expect as to how the new areas (such as the Sith Wastelands) will play a role?

Will there be more flash backs than just the flashbacks of Taris?

How far along are you anyway?

The basic structure of the mod see's you pursuing a character (Solomon in this case) over a geographical landmass (In this case, areas of Korriban, including the Korriban Wastes) whilst learning more and more about the pasts and motives of the characters involved within the storyline. (Matilda, Kobayashi, Solomon, Daemon Drexel and so on.)

There are more Flashbacks/Visions then what has been currently revealed, some from the Mandalorian Wars, others from periods of the past of certain a BoS character. One of the more ambitious flashback scenarios that is being worked on at the moment, when completed could easily be seen as a mod within itself (Scale and Length wise). :p

The mod will be released when it's done. And I honestly don't know when it will be done. :p

There are more Flashbacks/Visions then what has been currently revealed, some from the Mandalorian Wars, others from periods of the past of certain a BoS character. One of the more ambitious flashback scenarios that is being worked on at the moment, when completed could easily be seen as a mod within itself (Scale and Length wise). :p

Very nice. I always liked the flashback scenarios from the original BoS, I might even say I liked it more than the main BoS quest (although that was excellent as well, of course :)). I really envy your creativity, skill and perseverance. Take as much time as needed, and I'm confident this'll be another quality mod.

Archived