Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

Glad to here things are moving along, though weren't you already on the final round of beta testing? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was probably referring to my own internal testing. This next phase is where a few other people besides myself will test for bugs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

{Snip} Removed the thinly disguised "When will it be released?" spam post, so I remove the reply to the spam post. Remember folks asking for release dates/updates are off-topic and counted as spam here, use PM's for this. -RH

Glad to hear about the progress, unfortunate about the TSL patcher's bugs though. Hopefully those will be sorted quickly and painlessly. :)

Update time. Bar around 6 or so rerecordings of voice files that I'm still awaiting from some of the voice actors, BoS:SR is essentially complete. I'm busy now creating it's installation file using TSL Patcher, and when that's complete, it should be possible to install BoS:SR on top of your current mod configuration without any conflictions. Though unfortunately there's a weird bug in the TSLPatcher software that's preventing me from progressing any further at the moment, so I'm pretty much stuck until it's fixed.

After this stage of the project is complete, there's the final beta testing phase, and then it's release time!

Also, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, both BoS and BoS:SR have their own opening .bik movies. I've already shown the one which plays at the beginning of BoS:SR, and now here is the one that plays at the beginning of the Brotherhood of Shadow quest line. Enjoy!

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Damn Silveredge I love the new Intro video! The music seems so fitting for a ship seemingly alone in space.

Damn im getting really exited about this... Its been about a year since i played through the original bos, and now the sequel is coming out... This is the number one on my "games to buy when they come out" list, and this is free and not even a game, but a mod. Go silver, the mod of the year title is there waiting for you, for the second time (i think).

Just a quick note to say that I've managed to find a work around for the TSLPatcher problem I was having, and everything is now fine. Also, the last remaining voice over retakes have been delivered and are now implemented into BoS:SR.

Unless a major bug is found during beta testing, which I highly doubt considering the number of months I've spent polishing, it shouldn't be too long now before I can finally get this thing out the door.

Good going, Silver. To be honest, I didn't expect progress so rapidly, especially with the voice acting and lip synching work. I'm glad, of course, that it's going well. Keep up the awesome work, hope the beta testing can find those last tedious bugs that will always be there. :)

I am curious, however, how many people were willing to offer their voice for this mod. Any chance you could give an estimate figure, Silver?

I am curious, however, how many people were willing to offer their voice for this mod. Any chance you could give an estimate figure, Silver?
I had lots of offers; from over 20 different individuals at least. Some were decent, others... not so. In the end, about half of the voice actors (9 in total) were ones who responded to my posts on various voice acting forums, whilst the rest were people who I personally sought out after coming across samples of their work.

Way back in November/December, I had serious doubts about my chances of finding decent voice actors, and was seriously considering skipping that stage of the mod all together. Though I took a gamble, and it ultimately paid off. :p

BoS was one, if not the best mod that I've played for any game and I've played quite a few. I can't wait to see BoS:SR and the the changes you've made to the original BoS.

So I'd like to :thmbup1:THANK YOU:thmbup1: both precendently

and subsequently for all of your hard work and for sharing the fruits of you considerable labor and talent with us all.

The joy I feel over its impending release is indescribable. YOU ROCK:urpdude:

cj.

Uh, not completely. Its dialog was updated and some of the plot changed (I don't know how), but otherwise it's mostly the same mod. No offense, but you should really read the thread before posting a question that has been answered 1 trillion times. :D Just saying.

On a personal note, I will be playing BOS:SR no matter what, but I hope to God that Silveredge9 kept his favorable dialog and storyline regarding Revan. One of the things I loved about BOS is that it put Revan in a better light rather than demonize him as the Jedi and Republic do.

Don't forget, Silver has said the original BoS has been almost completely re-written this time around. so you're technically getting two mods, rather than one. :p

Huh, must've misunderstood the first post, then.

Huh, must've misunderstood the first post, then.

Most of the information in this thread's first post is terribly out of date. It's probably better to read the FAQ on the BoS:SR website (Check my sig) for a more accurate overview of the changes to the original BoS.

In light of these changes, the only save game supplied with BoS:SR will be one that is before the events of the original Brotherhood of Shadow; similar to the one which was included in the original BoS release package.

Archived