Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no "BoS III", or a TSL "Port". :p

Anyways, updates. Which recently have been non-existent. This isn't because I've stopped working on BoS (I've actually been working on it more over the past few weeks to be honest), but it's because I honestly haven't had the time. Juggling a huge project, a social life and university stuff (And the occasional game of Call of Duty 4!) means my schedule is practically full.

Not that it matters, I've made up for it. I've thrown together a teaser trailer for BoS:SR, showing a random collection of battles from both the main quest and some side quests. The editing and quality are a bit 'meh', but when windows movie maker insists on crashing every 30 seconds, it's what you get. :p

Also, I've got an interesting teaser screenshot to show. Speaking of Malachor V...

Alone, Mandalore the Ultimate observes the fate of his Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders at the Battle of Malachor V.

And yes, the teaser screen shows a glimpse of the first custom map. All credit for it should be directed towards Quanon, he's done a great job with it. :)

Now put up the rest of the screens! :xp:

That's for the future. Unfortunately, the more time I spend on fun things, the less time I spend on the mod itself. So I'll be keeping fancy stuff like trailers to a minimum.

Anyways, for the Mandalorian Bridge module there arn't going to be any battles other then the climatic Revan/Mandalore battle. After 3 modules of Revan/Malak/Matilda Mandie'killin, I figured it could get tedious.

The way I've approached the scene works better for highlighting the significance of the moment. The Mandalorians on the bridge are essentially in awe of the fact that Revan, the saviour of the Republic at that point - Has just walked onto the bridge of what should be the most guarded ship of the entire Mandalorian Fleet.

The Mandalorians keep their eyes on your movement. Some taunt you as you pass, whilst some of the more experienced Mandalorians give a bow of admiration. Combined with the (fitting) music that plays during this section, it's all rather epic. :p

Mandalore himself is interesting to write dialogue for. One stand out moment is during the buildup to the confrontation, where you hack into the Mandalorian Communication Network and listen in as Mandalore delivers what would best be described as a Churchillian speech to the Mandalorian masses, whilst they fight the Republic on and above Malachor.

I was wondering if Matilda might have any comments if introduced to the custom area (his Korriban Temple) that Quanon created. It would be nice to have one mod to be able acknowledge another mod's existence. Just a thought!

Well, Matilda will be commenting on a Quanon temple. But that's a story for another day. :p

It's an interesting idea though. I'm certainly going to be adding a number of interesting/humorous Easter eggs here and there, so I'll have to see how that goes. :)

Well, Matilda will be commenting on a Quanon temple. But that's a story for another day. :p

After this mod, I'll soon be able to do a poll on whats my best build area :p

Anyway, its great fun working with Silver and it's also fun I don't know whats going to happen in what I build.

Keep it going Silver ! Tease them with some juicy bait:lol:

I thought the trailer could have done with a little work. It didn't show that much other than fighting, didn't give us a good idea what to expect.
Like I said, Windows Movie Maker decided to crash every time I did something, it's a wonder I managed to create the trailer at all. Besides, I wouldn't want to show everything, otherwise there would be nothing new to discover when the mod is actually released. :)

Archived