Home

OJP enhanced 0.1.1 My Overview

Well im back, i was away for some time cause the OJP team where temporarily dead, now that things have been in set on course again the few members have taken all the code that has been prevouisly done and gathered it all up and put it into a new release. :D

Now let me start by saying Congrats to all who where able to contribute cause if it weren't for you all this mod would not exist :cowdance

Before i say anything i just want to say this. This a humongous improvement over 0.1.0 seriously this version is actually playable unlike the last one... so many improvements, now with proper skill descriptions I can know what they all do... though the manual still isn't up to date

lets start with the new Menu. It really changes the atmosphere of the whole game from when you first start it up. this by its self is a big improvement but this isn't even the beginning of my pleasures with this version..

now lets start with gunners..

The reload system, very not starwars IMO you can run out of ammo during a fight very quickly, which is terrible and you cant the ammo back once you run out of it. Starwars blasters never run out of ammo, instead of all this nerfing crap there should be not only no reloading but unlimited ammo as well like KOTOR>

Good to see there been a shotgun, now gunners can have at least a chance in close range. Lets see, no more ridiculous bad accuracy for shooting to much, no you get a shaking screen instead which is now made gunners a bit more of a chance to win when it comes to firing quickly combined with E-11 and bow caster faster secondary fire rate YAY

And of course the most important part of the mod the Jedi...

No partial dodge means lightsaberists will finally get kills alot easier now.

deflection for Jedi now is determined by the range at which it was deflected (this is huge interms of game mechanics)

The Niman and ataru... i cant even begin to tell you how happy i am cause Niman made it in. I knew i made a compelling argument and so many other people who complained about Ataru and Niman not been there.. Ataru finally adds some "fast" lightsaber combat that this mod really needed!! Niman had to be in cause its the style of balance and concentration (meaning higher FP regeneration :D)

and of course all the little changes that on there own are nothing but put together Make this the best OJP by a mile.... better animations and new animations (such as the backwards light saber block) , tons of bug fixes....i could go on all day

now that OJP 0.1.1 is here I really can't live without it. congrats to all. And Good luck for MODDB 2007, i voted for you :D

I have been so busy butt kissing i forgot to mention the things i dislike..

You cant have both Niman and staff.... or both ataru and dual.. apparently you can only use one or the other style depending on the lightsaber you carry.. that sucks :( but hey can't have everything can you, and I guess it was for balancing purposes.

jumping is a bit to high now IMO, with jump level 1 your normal jump seems to have tripled, which kind of forces everyone to get level 1 jump, making the game a bit to chaotic with everyone jumping so high.. Force jump was overused in 0.1.0 now its been spammed even more.

but hey im so impressed with this version these 2 little queries mean nothing

I agree.

My only dislikes about the new version are jump (press the button and you go way high, it feels like I am not in control of myself while jumping) and the fact that I can't perform a roll anymore while running forwards.

Something else, jedi still seem to do a pre-block animation near a dead body if the owner of it has not respawned yet. Which leads me to the following question: What is the cvar which controls the respawntime?

About jump:

It takes getting used but the new jump is much better than the old one. Darth tweaked both the height and the velocity, and for me it seems that there's MORE air control instead of less. I don't understand how the changes forces someone to do anything though, explain?

Hmmm I just remembered, I might know why it seems weird for you guys. 0.1.1 has already become 'old' in terms of versions. As far as I know it does not have the tweaks that we did to make the velocity a bit more controllable. Try going on Jask's server and using jump, it should give you an idea on how it works now.

You can use niman and ataru as one-handed styles even if you have a staff or dual sabers?

Thanks for the nice review, we're glad you like it :) The next version will have even more balance and features geared towards it. It was going to be released soon, but we may put it off a little bit more because of a new idea that I just heard about that our core team really likes, though it may take a while we're not sure yet, so there may or may not be a release soon :p lol

JRHockney.. i was looking at the saber system manual and theres still some problems. in OJP version 0.1.1

the saber system manual still has some typos.. :(

===========

Reposite (attack parry): hold attack while you parry block a swing. This only works if your already in a preblock for the incoming swing or you are in the startfake animation. This move causes a saberlock in which you win and automatically causes a slowbounce on them unless they are high on the mishap meter (where they will do whatever their level makes them do)

========================

Riposte does not cause a saberlock... and its spelt incorrectly.. its rIposte not rEposte..

and there still isnt anything on how to break a saber lock (Alt attack plus backwards) the saber manual still hasn't been updated :(

I think that the new jump is fine but it needs a few improvements. Jump 1 is too high and it should be as high as it was before. Jump 2 can be something between old 2 and 3, and jump 3 can be so high. I believe it's more logical.

Thanks for proof reading it The Unbeholden, I suck at proofreading my own stuff and The things you pointed out are mostly from older versions. Thank God we changed that reposite causing saberlocks thing! LOL.

actually I pointed out the stuff from the current version of OJP, you did fix the riposte causing saberlock but on only 1 section, there are 2 sections. One of the sections still says Riposte does a saberlock

this IS THE CURRENT VERSION of OJP if you dont believe me take a look your self, God dam If you want something done do it yourself. Make the changes oready or im going to murder you.

actually I pointed out the stuff from the current version of OJP, you did fix the riposte causing saberlock but on only 1 section, there are 2 sections. One of the sections still says Riposte does a saberlock

this IS THE CURRENT VERSION of OJP if you dont believe me take a look your self, God dam If you want something done do it yourself. Make the changes oready or im going to murder you.

Murder me huh? Good luck with that. But anyways, the changes have been made, now go check yourself into a psyche ward ;) LOL jk

Murder me huh? Good luck with that. But anyways, the changes have been made, now go check yourself into a psyche ward ;) LOL jk

thanks :D im the best at murdering, ive been a hitman for about 10 years now. So thanks but i dont need luck lol

anyways the saber system manual in OJP 0.1.1 still isnt updated with the latest changes so i hope the next version is satisfactory :)

Heya glad you like the main menu. I'm sorry it took so long to release it, when it was already stagnant at 95% completion months ago :(

I'm motivated to work for this project again. I really am. I just wish I had the time.

thanks im the best at murdering, ive been a hitman for about 10 years now. So thanks but i dont need luck lol

(overheard talking on the phone with an FBI agent) .... No sir, I'm sure he just meant he's been playing The GAME Hitman for the past 10 years, its almost that old..um yeah ..... No sir I'm sure he not the guy you've been looking for for the past 9 years ..... No sir, this forum is not a safe haven for terrorists! .... No sir! I do not have mafia ties!!! .... (sign) No sir I do not know where the nearest italian resturant is...:p

I'm motivated to work for this project again. I really am. I just wish I had the time.

thats ok UDM, We know your busier than all of us. I'm just glad we finally got that menu in.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been playing OJP alot lately and there are still a few little things I would like to see, Bots using different lightsaber styles, this would be great. The bots are smart, the news ones that is,, TABots, but i dont see them using anything besides their starting equipment, all i see is Shi cho style and fists. Perhaps their could be some improvement in the AI intelligence, sounds difficult but i really cant rely on playing Online, we need a bit of Bot playing I sometimes.

Do you have to be running in order to do acrobatics while using Ataru?

why as the back kick Replaced with a back hand animation? how am i supposed to kick someone behind me ....

Archived