Home

Your favorite planet in KotOR?

Caedus

What is your favorite KotOR planet?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite KotOR planet?

• Taris
    • Dantooine
    • Tatooine
    • Kashyyyk
    • Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Rakatan World

I've grown to hold affection for all the planets for KotOR I. I liked Taris for it's variety and because it was so big. To be entirely honest I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get to spend as long on the other planets. I remember first coming into Javyar's Cantina and quite liking the music, then wishing that I could walk up to the bar and have a drink while taking in the atmosphere.

Manaan gets an honourable mentioned for being intiguing. I liked the city feel of it, even if it was big and confusing I liked walking about everywhere. You also get to see the Republic and Sith when they're not allowed to fight each other... still at each others' throats, however.

I would have to say, however, that my favourite is Unknown World. I know it doesn't have the city feel that I like to it, it doesn't have the puzzles and quests that I like, but it's beautiful. As nice as the other planets are, Unknown World is the one planet where you can't help but stop and gawp at all the scenery, the water lapping at the shoreline you can stand in, the tissue-paper texture of the roof in the Rakata settlement, the crumbling pillars and stone blocks around the temple. I like to think that once I defeat Malak I come back and have a beach party. :shades2:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a bit surprised to be honest--Taris? Though to be fair I've played the game so many times that Taris has reached the point of "chore" for me. The only worse setting in the two games is Telos IMO.
I would have agreed with you, awhile back. I had started so many new save files, I hated Taris. It revolted me.

But then I took a long break. More than a year. And when I went back, I kind of enjoyed Taris. I just can't play it too often.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are Kashyyyk, Manaan and Unknown World (in that order).

I love the nature in those worlds, especially Kashyyyk (oooh, treeees), but, like so many here, found the Selkath rather annoying because of their attitude (went to prison twice, got executed once) and their camera-off message.

Off topic: Serpentine, you wondered how they got the sound... well, I think I've got it, just need to check it, so next time I visit Manaan and it turns out to be okay, I'll upload it.

[EDIT] I've got it! They made that selkath sound just by speaking this weird speach into the microphone (often accompanied with some saliva, you know) and then they'd pitch shift it down and put some reverb on it, perhaps even a little flanger, at least that's what I did [/EDIT]

I'm going to have to say the Yavin station, even thought it's not an entire planet. Suvam Tan was pretty interesting, and you could get a boatload of awesome crap from him, plus you don't have to run around everywhere to do things. It's just like a little bonus in there.

Hard to choose! I like Taris and Manaan the best, I think.

I hated Manaan the first couple of playthroughs, but once I figured out how to navigate the layout I liked it (I'm directionally challenged, kept ending up in the wrong modules and not having a clue where I was going). Taris was fun, probably because it was the most complex.

my favorite kotor planet or place is manaan..

its so peaceful and its neutral to the civil war

ands its watery.. :D :D :D

and froms star wars world Dac a.k.a Mon Calamari is my favorite cos its watery too and i like the species conflic in Dac.. Quarren and Mon Cals..

and i like the quarrens the most cos they are like one of the closed species in the galaxy..

Gonna sound weird but.. Manaan, but only really after the underwater sequence was completed, I loved the whole peacefulness look of it, and I always liked to go and 'relax' there when i was stuck on another quest.

Off Topic: I wish the Ebon Hawk had a battle simulator so you could kill time ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I chose Korriban because of it's history - where the Sith began, etc. I knew that part of the storyline before starting KOTOR from some reading I had done, so I was really looking forward to going there. I also really enjoyed the tombs - I'm a sucker for Sith & Jedi history/legacy.

K1: Taris. K2: Nar Shaddaa. And no, it's not because I like the city (which I do ;)).

I like Taris because...well...really hard to explain. It has the perfect combination of main quest and side quest, and both are equally entertaining.

A close second would have to be...does the Leviathan count? I didn't really like most of K1's planets. The main quests were severely lacking, in my opinion. Kashyyyk was pretty good, and Manaan was all right in that area (but not in many others). But I absolutely despise Tatooine, Dantooine, and Korriban.

As for Nar Shaddaa, I love it for the ending. Starting with the message from Visquis, all the way up to the escape from Goto's Yacht, it's very cinematic. The thing really feels like it belongs in a Star Wars movie.

And a very close second for K2 is Peragus. Yes, you heard me right. I just loved the whole mystery behind it the first time, and for me it never gets old.

(And yes, I know that the poll was only for K1, but I felt like talking about K2 anyway. :p)

• 2 months later...

It is very hard to decide, because each planet is unique and it is exciting in a different way. But Manaan is on the first place, I really liked it, and all these trials were awesome, it really made my brain think a little. And the Selkath are interesting - I never get sick of their alien talk. Yavin Station - that's the one on the second place, though it may not be as long as the others, but I really liked the Trandoshan enounter and Suvan Tan, and his items, of course. Not to be left out, Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Taris, Korriban and the Unknown World are one of my favourites as well. The only place I didn't like much is the Star Forge itself.

• 2 years later...

Tatooine and Kashyyyk are -tedious-, except they have HK-47 and Jolee, respectively. Manaan is actually pretty fun until you get to the underwater facility and that -obnoxious- part where you walk at about 1/8 speed through an overly long passage. *Bwaaaaaaaugh* Dantooine isn't bad, but it has huge dull stretches of empty space, and Taris is, well, Taris. It's not as bad as Peragus, but it's close.

So yeah, Korriban.

• 1 month later...
Definatly Taris...and it lokks like it is schooling all the other ones.

As much as I like Taris' Upper City, what good is it if you spend most of your time in the Undercity (a.k.a. 'Worst Part of the Game')?

Manaan is my favourite, I really like the concept and look of the Planet and Ahto City. And I need to say I love the Yavin Space Station too, I really like how it looks in the inside and the view of Yavin makes it look even more cool.

Archived