Home

Your favorite planet in KotOR?

Caedus

What is your favorite KotOR planet?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite KotOR planet?

• Taris
    • Dantooine
    • Tatooine
    • Kashyyyk
    • Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Rakatan World

Manaan was great, but it could be chokingly small at times. Taris and Manaan are my favorites. Dantooine's atmoshpere was awesome, but it was all too similar throughout your time there.

Let's hope the next few years bring revolutionary innovations in game development that allow the creation of extremely large and interesting worlds (unique simulation).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine would have to be a combination of Dantooine and Korriban, especially as they are polar opposites.

Dantooine is so peaceful and relaxing and is also the place where you first get your Lightsaber. The Ancient Ruins are also really interesting and meeting people like Juhani and having your first epic Lightsaber battle is pretty cool, also the Crystal Cave is always fun to go and explore.

Korriban is also a great place to go, the whole concept behind your visit to this planet is what grips me; infiltrating the Sith academy and ultimately all of the tasks are fun to carry out. Even helping Yuthura and Uthar Wynn is enticing enough to keep you interested. Also who doesn't enjoy going through all of the Sith Lords tombs and finding really powerful items.

My least favourite would have to be Manaan, I liked the planet but the whole underwater sequence drove me insane. More specifically the ultra slow walking you can do when in the water, I mean I know why it was done; for more realism, but it got really boring really quick.

I like pretty much all the planets, really. I could pick for K2, considering most of the planets were boring and dull. Manaan, Dantooine, Unknown World, Tatooine, Korriban are probably my top ones. My least favorites? Taris and Kashyyyk, even though I still like both- just a little less than the others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My favourite is definitely Manaan, mostly because of its beauty... seriously I totally calm down when I turn back to Manaan just for fun. :) and I also loved that most of the time is spent with "diplomatic" quests and less with fighting. Selkath are quite interesting creatures, as much I used to hate their speech, as much I love it now. The only thing I hated were the firaxa sharks >.<

My second choice is Taris. I think this planet has the most interesting quests so far, especially the time spent in the Undercity, the whole story, the rakghouls, etc. Uhm and not to mention the music in Javyar's Cantina - absolutely brilliant :D

I'm going with Taris,Tatooine,Kashyyyk and Manaan.Taris is awesome and i remember i didnt know how i can kill the rancor.XD Tatooine is great to explore.Kashyyyk is dark,misterious,Jolee is there and i like the furballs arround.:D Manaan has a great atmosphere on the station and under the water.

But in the end every planet is great on it's own way.:)

Huh, hard to pick for me...

I've always just liked Kashyyyk. It's story was always really cool to me, and the computer that questions you before you can access the star map was really intriguing. But one of the best parts was the ambient sounds. I always got the sense that the trees were teeming with life, the way you could hear monkey screeches and insects and animal cries. Plus the music was awesome. And Jolee, one must not forget Jolee.

Though of course I love all of KotOR's and KotOR II's planets. Now if only they'd make a KotOR 3...

I had to say Taris. I loved exploring the sewers, and wondering who once walked those halls, what they did, what the various gears did, and whether they were still functioning or now.

And wishing I could take Duncan down into the sewers with me, to help him train and get better.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not good at picking favorites, so I'm just going to make a list of how enjoyable each planet was:

Korriban: Great backstory. I always enjoy exploring around it as well as the lore. You have to admit, tomb exploring is one of the best experiences in the whole game. BOS:SR just makes it a lot funner.

Taris: I love its complexity - there's just so much to do on it. A shame that the other planets weren't as large. And don't get me started on the Duelling Ring!

Manaan: The music is so orgasmic - I tell you. My favorite ambiance music in the whole game. It brings a much different feel than all the other planets, and the Selkath is a great new species that BioWare introduced into Star Wars.

Dantooine: So peaceful and tranquil - and is home to one of my favorite scenes in the game - creating your lightsaber. Oh, how proud you feel when you have the mystical weapon in your own hands! And lets not forget the Crystal Cave!

Unknown World: Probably the greatest scenery in the whole game. BioWare clearly outdid themselves with the beaches, temples, and the hammerhead cruiser. And the Rakata, oh the Rakata!

Tatooine: I liked Tatooine. As with everything else BioWare does, the expansion on the environment of it - especially the Sand People - is simple awesome. I enjoyed taking the path to learn their culture, and then slaughtering them to get my pearl back!

Kashyyyk: So many trees - and it shows the darker side of Czerka Corp. I liked the Shadowlands - it was dark and scary on my first playthrough - and the introduction of the Ritual Beast scared the hell outta me.

Yavin Station: A bit short for my liking - but the history of Yavin IV and all of the items make up exponentially for it. If only BioWare allowed us to go to Yavin IV.

Endar Spire / Leviathan / Star Forge: Short, sweet, and action packed - I much enjoyed the plot and battle sequences in them.

I'm not good at picking favorites, so I'm just going to make a list of how enjoyable each planet was:

Korriban: Great backstory. I always enjoy exploring around it as well as the lore. You have to admit, tomb exploring is one of the best experiences in the whole game. BOS:SR just makes it a lot funner.

Taris: I love its complexity - there's just so much to do on it. A shame that the other planets weren't as large. And don't get me started on the Duelling Ring!

Manaan: The music is so orgasmic - I tell you. My favorite ambiance music in the whole game. It brings a much different feel than all the other planets, and the Selkath is a great new species that BioWare introduced into Star Wars.

Dantooine: So peaceful and tranquil - and is home to one of my favorite scenes in the game - creating your lightsaber. Oh, how proud you feel when you have the mystical weapon in your own hands! And lets not forget the Crystal Cave!

Unknown World: Probably the greatest scenery in the whole game. BioWare clearly outdid themselves with the beaches, temples, and the hammerhead cruiser. And the Rakata, oh the Rakata!

Tatooine: I liked Tatooine. As with everything else BioWare does, the expansion on the environment of it - especially the Sand People - is simple awesome. I enjoyed taking the path to learn their culture, and then slaughtering them to get my pearl back!

Kashyyyk: So many trees - and it shows the darker side of Czerka Corp. I liked the Shadowlands - it was dark and scary on my first playthrough - and the introduction of the Ritual Beast scared the hell outta me.

Yavin Station: A bit short for my liking - but the history of Yavin IV and all of the items make up exponentially for it. If only BioWare allowed us to go to Yavin IV.

Endar Spire / Leviathan / Star Forge: Short, sweet, and action packed - I much enjoyed the plot and battle sequences in them.

You just managed to sum up all the awesomeness and the fact that every single place has its very own character and charm in just a few sentences. I agree with every word. (Except for BOS:SR, never got that working :p )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I would like to divide my time between Dantooine and Rakata. I liked the hills and plains of Dantooine, and I also liked the tropical island setting of Rakata. Tatooine is a horrible desert, Manaan is just water, Taris is a hellhole, Kashyyyk is very dangerous, although it would be nice to visit and spend some time in the treehouses, and Korriban is evil (but the Valley Of Dark Lords was very nice).

Archived