Home

Your favorite planet in KotOR?

Caedus

What is your favorite KotOR planet?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite KotOR planet?

• Taris
    • Dantooine
    • Tatooine
    • Kashyyyk
    • Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Rakatan World

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taris is my favorite, because I'm a city person and it's the first planet you go to, so when I was there I was still overawed by how cool the game was. I still loved the game when I got to the Rakatan world, but I'd gotten more used to the awesomeness.

I also liked Manaan, because I actually liked the Selkath. Don't see what everyone has against them.

And third place for me would be Korriban, because you can infiltrate the Sith Academy even as a LS character. I mean, how cool is that?

I also liked Manaan, because I actually liked the Selkath. Don't see what everyone has against them.
Their speech was 100% annoying. Especially the unskippable message telling you the cameras were shut off. That wasn't even necessary at all.

Personally, I kind of dislike speaking to any alien in the KotOR games. It may sound racist (for you weird people :xp: ), but it made me actually have to read what the person is saying, not to mention skip the rest of the line once I finished it. It's not like I have any trouble reading, but I prefer just to listen to it.

Besides, all of the alien speech was just like 30 seconds of jibber-jabber that was continually repeated through the entire game.

Definately Tatooine + Taris. For Taris, although it gets boring quite fast for the veteraned player, is designed very well and displays the Dystopian society in the world of Star Wars. Then you get to see it torn apart by the sith like the bung-hole it is. Oh joy.

Tatooine also made it, because it's Tatooine. Being able to Swoop Race in the sands and slaughter Tuskens makes the time there enjoyable. And the Sandcrawlers to die for! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked Korriban, I thought it was the most interesting planet. A lot of interesting encounters in the initial areas and not too much running around before you get down to business and I especially liked the academy part, puzzles and such are intriguing. I liked the planet in Sith Lords as well, felt it was the planet that got most in touch with the plot from the first game.

Totally, bro! Never understood why this forum hates the Selkath so much. I loved them, their concept, Manaan - the whole thing was excellent. Dunno why people get so pissed off with alien languages (OK, maybe a dozen more lines could have helped :p)!

"Dantooine, on Dantooine."

For those who do not know me I shall explain my position. I'm definitely not a city chap, so, though Taris was wonderfully executed form-wise it was missing something.

This was my first role playing game :newbie: and the first two locales were all synthesized ceramicrete, duracrete, transparisteel, and durasteel girders. I spent al ong time on Taris, trying to figure out how RPGs actually worked. I grew sick of never seeing flora or fuana, nor being able to move about away from archecture. When I finally got out of the academy the first chap I met was ol' Nemo.

From there on it was me taking in the panaramic :spin: hills and up to my ears in Kath hounds, trees, a creepy cave, and the accompanying kinrath. It was also the first time I heard the Jedi Code we can all recite from memmory, the first lightsaber I made and used back when I had no idea what anything meant accept that it was a beautiful planet.

It was like being a figurative child way back in 04. Once I reached the other worlds I was finally starting to understand the mechanics, whereas I only knew enough to have a good time when I was on Dantooine. By the time I left, the magic seemed to have gone on it's merry way.

If that makes sense to you I'll be most happy.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

I'm a bit surprised to be honest--Taris? Though to be fair I've played the game so many times that Taris has reached the point of "chore" for me. The only worse setting in the two games is Telos IMO.

I'll go with Korriban. Great aesthetics and atmosphere coupled with providing more lore/information on the Sith and the Sith-Jedi rivalry than all the rest of the game combined, not to mention all six movies and probably quite a bit of EU literature as well.

Tatooine and Manaan both rate highly for me as well. And the Rakata homeworld has grown on me since I started paying more attention to it rather than just racing to get to the Star Forge.

Archived