Home

Scary thing just happened where I live.

Chase Windu

Today on the local news where I live have been reporting a murder of two young girls. If you read the article(s) of the links I've provided below it just doesn't get much more scary and sick than what happened.

The murder happened in Sioux City. I live just outside of Sioux City in a rural area. Just about 5 miles east of the city limit. I didn't really this type of thing would happen here.

Here are some links to articles:

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2008/01/07/news/latest_news/2babfb8713ee4a93862573c90076d9a1.txt

I think we should pray for the family and their friends and all that are/were involved and every one else affected by this.

I highly doubt they'll let him go for this once found guilty. Two life sentences in jail does sound very harsh though, almost inhuman.

Insane fellow, like many others. They say lightning doesn't strike twice at the same spot though.

I highly doubt they'll let him go for this once found guilty. Two life sentences in jail does sound very harsh though, almost inhuman.

Insane fellow, like many others. They say lightning doesn't strike twice at the same spot though.

I can be a bit harsh sometimes

We can't be feeling down and morbid for all people who die. We'd never get a chance to feel happy. We have to take these things lightly and joke about them, rather than purposely create wounds to cry over. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Rejoice for those around us who turn into the Force.

We can't be feeling down and morbid for all people who die. We'd never get a chance to feel happy. We have to take these things lightly and joke about them, rather than purposely create wounds to cry over. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Rejoice for those around us who turn into the Force.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you there...

Ok we can't feel down all the time but joke about them??

Would you like if I made a joke about your dead parents? Or maybe a brother?

I know I wouldn't...

Yes it's a horrible tragedy, yes it probably is scary and impacts you Chase. But you also have to understand, that it doesn't impact the majority of us. People die every day, some of natural causes, others of unfortunate tragedies. Yes it sucks, and I'm sure their familes feel horrible right now. But that's the thing, it's their family and friends that feel horrible. Here's the cold hard truth. For me, yes, it's a horrible tragedy, but at the same time, I don't give 2 s***s. The guy with either be incarcerated in prison or get off on insanity and get incarcerated in a mental ward. Either way, it doesn't effect me, and I move on.

I know that I posted serious cat for two reasons.

1) The post about me was

This is a serious thread, about something horrible, and you make me lol. Damn you.

2) I wasn't making fun of the victims. I would never do that. But I think its healthy to be able to laugh in the midst of sadness. This is a pretty depressing thread, who wants to go the rest of their day hating humanity for horrors like this? I don't.

Yes it's a horrible tragedy, yes it probably is scary and impacts you Chase. But you also have to understand, that it doesn't impact the majority of us. People die every day, some of natural causes, others of unfortunate tragedies. Yes it sucks, and I'm sure their familes feel horrible right now. But that's the thing, it's their family and friends that feel horrible. Here's the cold hard truth. For me, yes, it's a horrible tragedy, but at the same time, I don't give 2 s***s. The guy with either be incarcerated in prison or get off on insanity and get incarcerated in a mental ward. Either way, it doesn't effect me, and I move on.

This exactly. I wouldn't expect the family of these victims to give a **** if I was raped and killed either, because they have absolutely no reason to. If it was your sister or cousin or friend that was killed we wouldn't be joking about it, but these are not even internet familiars.

2 girls were killed and all some of you guys can do is joke around a bit and post cat pictures?
I'm with Chase here. If someone starts a thread because something's bothered them and they need to talk about it, you don't laugh in their face. It's the same as in real life. It's simply not polite, nor helpful. No, you don't have to care, or be serious about it, but Heck, you don't have to ruin an 'I need to talk about this' thread, either.

Ok, so lets come to an agreement here. Chase, the creator of this thread, is obviously not happy that some are not taking it as seriously as he is. And I can see why. This topic is about two girls at the prime of life who had their lives cut short, regardless of whether it happened near Chase or not. There is no rule against trying to lighten up a tense discussion with some humor, but it can be argued that some of the posts are in bad taste, or can be taken in a mocking tone. On the other hand, Chase could have simply reported the posts that offended him instead of going on the offensive himself, and we could have settled this privately, possibly avoiding this pointless debate that is deviating from the original topic. Now, I'm gonna have to ask you all to clean this up quick, or I'm gonna have to :lock:

Serious business indeed.

Sioux City, Iowa

And yes, that's where Flight 232 crashed 18 and a half years ago (I still remember it) and it's the same city which is (or was) known as Little Chicago (there's even a chain of delis here with the same name). It's also where Sgt. Floyd of the Lewis and Clark expedition is buried. For those who don't know Sgt. Floyd was the only guy to die on that expedition.

Another scary thing happened around where I live.

A young man was killed South-East of Lawton, Ia. I live about 2 miles west of Lawton. The young man's body was found near a road.

Here's a link to that story.

and here's an update on that..

This is kind of scary. I live close to Sioux City and I live closer to Lawton. And these stories happen in both places.

Makes one sort of suspicious.

Archived