Home

Something I always found odd - SPOILERS

BrollytheMighty

Well, I just finished the Leviathan for the millionth time and I've been thinking about something you see after you finish it. During the movie where the Ebon Hawk escapes the laser cannons begin firing on you and several Sith Fighter come after you. What I don't get is, WHO IS LEFT TO OPERATE THESE THINGS?!?!? You kill everyone on the Leviathan aside from Malak and Bastila and I know Malak couldn't operate all these items at once and surely Bastila wouldn't have already turned to the dark side, so that doesn't leave anybody to fire the turrets or fly the fighters.

Well, I just finished the Leviathan for the millionth time and I've been thinking about something you see after you finish it. During the movie where the Ebon Hawk escapes the laser cannons begin firing on you and several Sith Fighter come after you. What I don't get is, WHO IS LEFT TO OPERATE THESE THINGS?!?!? You kill everyone on the Leviathan aside from Malak and Bastila and I know Malak couldn't operate all these items at once and surely Bastila wouldn't have already turned to the dark side, so that doesn't leave anybody to fire the turrets or fly the fighters.

I always thought that malak was operating the turrent and of course their was left over crew to help chase you down.

Think of it this way -- you need people to man the turbolasers, pilots to man the ship's full complement of starfighters, engineers, navigations officers, communications officers, troopers en masse (imagine if you need to send a boarding party, or a detachment of troops down to a planet). If you have any ground-based vehicles they need pilots. Plus there's always people to man the mess hall. :p

If you really think about it, 1000 crew members is not hard to imagine at all. You just have to remember it's not 1000 random people, it's 1000 people who all have jobs. For instance an Imperial-class Star Destroyer's complement of TIE fighters was one wing. That's 6 squadrons -- 72 pilots right there. Say maybe 50 turbolasers, 20 ion cannons, and now we're up to about 150 personel. Then if you wanted enough stormtroopers for a standard garrison deployment that's about 800 men. We're almost at 1000 already, and we haven't even covered the real crew!

• 1 month later...

You all forget automated machinery and droids. Considering the fact that Malak would have had to find, recruit, and train all these potentially millions of chaps for his 'invincable armada'. Certainly, as Darth Bane: Path of Destruction points out, the Outer Rim is teeming with beings mad at the Republic for some reason or another. (usually, being exploited then left for dead like the Jabiimi were thousands of years later) But even the Empire in it's prime had a great deal of onboard systems run by mechanicles.

Besides on Taris you needed special codes to get past the turbolasers on the ships anyways. Since the ones the Ebon Hawk had were probably outdated by the time they got captured. The targeting systems couldve just selected you as an enemy and fired on you anyways without anyone at the controls. That could explain why most of the shots missed your ship. Those automated programs probably areint as good as a skilled gunner. That would explain why the ship could fire on you without having to worry if anyone was left alive to shoot at you or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto, dude. We all love Revan, but even if he had Exile, Ani and OBi, Luke, Jacen, Mara, Mace, and Yoda it would be a chore to kill the entire staff of a capitol ship. Escpecially if said crew still had control of all the ships systems and could easily vent in toxic wastes or done somthing else fiendishly destructive. This of course assumes the turrets weren't automated and people besides the gunnery crews were authorized to even touch those turret computers.

As for the ten Sith who didn't go after Carth, perhaps he had jammed or locked the blast door and they were waiting for heaveir equipment, renforcements, or the chap to hack the ship's mainfraim and open the door that way. Either that or they were discussing the gossip column in Being's Holozine.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

Don't forget, an American supercarrier is only ~1100 feet long and has a crew of over 5000 people.

Well, to be fair the tech on the starship is probably alot more advanced, requiring less seamen to operate. Plus the ~5000 would be when it is fully crewed.

If I remember right 1000 or so seems to be for the typical starship... and the one you are on is more like a capital ship, which means more seamen for everyone.

Plus, the playable area is just a small section on the ship. There are definitely lots of places not accessable to the character for playability sake. If the whole inside is accessable it would be like a small city... too much map reading to do, too many unnecessary details not related to the story, weeks worth of play time doing the stupidest things like trying to set mines in the washroom for the unsuspecting trooper, or or hiding in the female shower...

Sometimes gameplay > reality. That is also why you never see Bastila shower/fart during the whole trip.

Sometimes gameplay > reality. That is also why you never see Bastila shower/fart during the whole trip.

And none of the ships ever have bathrooms...

"Um, excuse me sir, Lord Malak, but where is the bathroom? I really need to go."

"We don't have one. Welcome to the Dark Side of the Force - muahahaha!"

And none of the ships ever have bathrooms...

"Um, excuse me sir, Lord Malak, but where is the bathroom? I really need to go."

"We don't have one. Welcome to the Dark Side of the Force - muahahaha!"

Maybe there is no need for bathrooms in the Star Wars universe...how, I have no clue...

~Rev

These aren't things that I've found odd, but they're problems in the game. In Dantooine, near where you have to do the murder trial thing, there's a poly missing from the base of the wall/cliff type thing. Also, there is a pillar in the Sith Base on Taris that they forgot to UVW unwrap.

Well, back to topic. I know why Czerka is failing on Tatooine. It's because they don't have any bathrooms and the workers have to pee and crap on the ore. That's why the ore corrodes do quick, it's got crap in it.

These aren't things that I've found odd, but they're problems in the game. In Dantooine, near where you have to do the murder trial thing, there's a poly missing from the base of the wall/cliff type thing. Also, there is a pillar in the Sith Base on Taris that they forgot to UVW unwrap.

Sure, a game like KotOR reaches an state-of-art, near perfection.

NEAR perfection. It's a RPG game, it focus on details as much as it can, but you can't demand them to do everything like that.

Archived