Home

Unusual request

rut-wa jodar

I hope someone can help, I was wondering if some could update OJP Basic so it has the same saber collision detection system as the latest OJP_E? The reason i ask this is that i would like an offline mod that allows bots to use katas,force and most importantly dual and saberstaffs. The problem with using vanilla JKA is that the single v`s single saber collision detection is practically non existent. I currently only use OJP_E for online due to the fact that bots can`t or won`t use some of the features i have already mentioned. OJP basic is potentially a great offline alternative but it seems to lack the saber collision detection that has made OJP_E so popular.

I would be greatful if someone could possible help me with my request.

I'm against any plans that'll increase OJP offline play in comparison to its online play, same reason I'm against improving the bots even further or concentrating on things like AI or Co-Op mode. Sorry, nothing personal. Guess it's not my decision in the end anyway.

Maxstate, I expected that kind of reply from you, and I`m glad that it`s not your decision to make. I think it`s pretty narrow minded of you to believe that bots are a real threat to OJP`s online popularity. Bots will NEVER replace real gamers but on the other hand it would be nice to have competent bots to practice against whilst we wait for real gamers to finally join servers. I have an online server up and running which includes bots,just in case you were wondering ;)

Thank you, I'll use my narrow-minded thought process to conceive another reply, just for you:

I never said that bots would keep players from playing online, I said that every minute they spend time offline fighting bots is a minute that they could've been playing online with other players. If there are two people that are fighting against bots at any undisclosed location in time, these people, to me, are going against the entire blitz we're trying to stimulate.

They're supposed to be playing online on servers where other people will see them play and will hopefully join them. The larger the amount of players on a server is the more people will want to join and the more our servers will seem populated the more attention we will get.

Bots on online servers are nothing more than filling, which is why they wouldn't require any extra sprinkles anyways.

Thanx Razorace

My children don`t have an internet connection on thier computer so i have found a great temporary solution for them. I downloaded OJP 0.0.9n and now they can play against dual/staff weilding bots who use force powers (as long as they select vanilla or AOTCbots). Granted, the saber blocking/parrying isn`t as refined as in the latest OJP,but it`s better than nothing.

My children don`t have an internet connection on thier computer so i have found a great temporary solution for them. I downloaded OJP 0.0.9n and now they can play against dual/staff weilding bots who use force powers (as long as they select vanilla or AOTCbots). Granted, the saber blocking/parrying isn`t as refined as in the latest OJP,but it`s better than nothing.

oh, so you're referring to the bot types other than the TABBots? I'm not sure how those would act with the changes we've made. I only ever supported the TABBots since I made those from scratch. :)

The only real "harm" bots cause these days is with people who use All Seeing Eye who are using custom filters that FILTER OUT any games that have bots in them (which is an odd choice, that means if a server theoretically had 100 human players, but 1 bot, it wouldn't be listed for them!). I don't know if any other common server browsers have such options. If the bots are a problem they can always be removed, and most people only use them to fill in the empty spots until real players arrive. Without competent bots, the player with the slightly smaller team is out of luck.

The only real "harm" bots cause these days is with people who use All Seeing Eye who are using custom filters that FILTER OUT any games that have bots in them (which is an odd choice, that means if a server theoretically had 100 human players, but 1 bot, it wouldn't be listed for them!). I don't know if any other common server browsers have such options. If the bots are a problem they can always be removed, and most people only use them to fill in the empty spots until real players arrive. Without competent bots, the player with the slightly smaller team is out of luck.

Some games now have feature as, "Hide All Bots" meaning only hide the servers with all or most bots. As it seems to be able to calculate human vs bot totals. (I don't think ASE can really do this unless you had the ability to mod the code that is.) That and the farking "editor" help is offline at least the one linked from in the app.

Archived