Home

Anyone else having a borked main menu/missing tanqexe's splash screen?

UDM

Because I am. At least, on the version that I dled from hockney's thread. Apparently a lot of files that I sent over are missing; my shader file has been edited for some strange reason; and tanqexe's splash screen is missing from that version

So anyway, I've sent darthdie the files again, thinking I might have missed out something. But just to re-confirm, to those who dled from darthdie's filefront account, is your main menu screwed up?

Happens on two ocassions:

-you start the game via MP --> mods/start it with Xfire or ASE

-you have older versions of OJP in your enhanced folder

In my situation, it happens regardless of these 2 occasions. My main menu and tanqexe's splash screen is missing. : /

I have it as well, and I always start up my game with the shortcut: ""D:\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set fs_game ojpenhanced".

I took a look in the pk3 files and it seems there is a folder called "New Folder" in the ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 file which is not used at all. Inside that folder are subfolders with the names: menu, shaders, strings and ui. Tanqexe's splash screen can be found in there as well.

That's strange, because I don't have the 'menu' subfolder. I do have the shaders, strings and ui, but then my shader file has been edited. Yeah I notice that New Folder isn't used at all

Maybe the version you uploaded on to filefront has been wonky?

Yes there's supposed to be a folder called ojp

Also, I'm having a lot of bugs in-game. Maxstate tells me that he's changed the djemso and makashi back to base ones, but nothing's changed. And, the menu auto closes when I try to access the Gunnery profile menu, which means that the ui file is probably bugged. If you guys can access it, I'm pretty sure then it's the installer file which is fubar

I'll dl it again, maybe the dl was corrupted, thus the installation was corrupted, though I highly doubt it

Ah hah so there really is a problem with darthy's filefront file

oopsies.jpg

:p

-edit-

Oh but max that file you sent me? Tried accessing the Setup/Controls menu? It goes to the default JKA one instead of mine :\

Max talk to me on MSN when we're both online, as I seem to have problems sending Darthy the files

Hello, I had the same problem as UDM with missing things on the startup screen and main menu. Even after downloading and installing the "patch" in this thread the text for binding your reload button doesn't appear and the faster reload ability doesn't display properly. I can still bind a button down to reload but it doesn't work. Anyway I can fix this?

Archived