Home

spartans vs rc's

devildog13

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is every one talking about, master cheif is all.....bio-augumented.. he could kill a squad of clone commandos by just punchin them in the face!i'd like to see their little laser wind shield wipers try to clean that off :)LOL. but any way chief got years of experience while da clones got like simulaters. the one thing they got in common is being trained from childhood.. the difference is that clones got like 9 years of training and cheifs got like 30..... guess my anwser to which will win lol

but still the master chief is a one man army meaning hes a run-and-gun guy no strategic advantage when your outnumbered the rcs however use squad tactics and manuvering skills also the chief is only as strong as he is because of the bio-agumentation without that he would be pretty much just a well trained soldier

but still the master chief is a one man army meaning hes a run-and-gun guy no strategic advantage when your outnumbered the rcs however use squad tactics and manuvering skills also the chief is only as strong as he is because of the bio-agumentation without that he would be pretty much just a well trained soldier

By the same token, without strategy and and squad tactics, the Republic Commandos are just well-trained soldiers.

Neither will win, because of how ludicrous the situation is.

True... so true. Its kind of like SEAL teams they are only 4 guys but they can take down and army... i mean look at the book Lone Survivor... thanks to their training they killed around a few thousand taliban terrorists... augmentation doesn't matter its like what Psyco said... training is the key to success...

but squad tactics and strategy are part of training are they not bio-augumentation is altering genetics not training

Then without such augmentation, the clones won't even exist. Or did you forget that little fact while trying to espouse the supremacy of the RCs once again?

I hate doing this.

You can’t compare the two games together because there is no way to assume how the different game play elements would work out together e.g. weapon damage and so forth.

You have to compare them by the books and of course you’re going to get conflicts there as well. Neither author would falter the skill of there chosen warriors.

Hypothetically speaking of course if you were to place four non specific Spartans in a cage with four non specific republic commandos then I put my money on the genetically superior, highly trained, super soldiers that can punch through a mans head.

Ok kid i've read the books and the RCs still would win... augmentation doesn't help someone win a battle, fight, war, etc. Its there training. Yes the clones were augmented but not in the same case as MC. In the books MC nearly dies about 3 or 4 times hes not some invincible god ok... just cuz halo is a more popular topic doesn't mean that the MC is better. And as we've said this topic has been discussed already. We are now just beating a dead horse farther into the ground...

Ok kid i've read the books and the RCs still would win... augmentation doesn't help someone win a battle, fight, war, etc. Its there training. Yes the clones were augmented but not in the same case as MC. In the books MC nearly dies about 3 or 4 times hes not some invincible god ok... just cuz halo is a more popular topic doesn't mean that the MC is better. And as we've said this topic has been discussed already. We are now just beating a dead horse farther into the ground...

By the same token, neither are the RCs invincible. Also, you seem to be missing my point that the clones wouldn't exist were it not for genetic engineering.

yes i agree with vode this is a dead topic/thread so let it rest in the thread graveyard... [/Quote]

We can discuss it all we like in so far as no-one has given any proper reasons why either side would win.

I KNOW THAT THEY WERE GENITICALLY ALTERED I SAID THAT!!!! its called reading dude...."Yes the clones were augmented but not in the same case as MC"..... those were my exact words!!!!

It's called reading...

Cloning is augmentation - it's the creation of life through artificial means. Therefore, by removing augmentation from the discussion, you've just removed one half of the fight.

Why because the one advantage Spartans had over the clones has now been given to the clones.

Fine let’s give both groups the same equipment, no armour no guns just a combat knife. You want to square the field then let’s. All that’s left is their ability to work as a team and their basic training.

I’ll still put my money on the Spartans.

okthen you get a field that has a lake trees open areas and the like then Master Chief gets:no armor(that means no cortana), a magnum, and a combat knife the Republic Commandos get: no armor(that means no comlink or sensors), DC-15 sidearm(pistol), and a vibro blade and lets see who wins i say rcs anyone else

4 on 1 isn’t a fair playing field, and a gun that never runs out of ammo isn’t a fair playing field either.

That’s why I said. 4 non specific Spartans vs 4 non specific Republic commandos, place them in a circular arena with a basic combat knife each, no vibro weapons. Then it’s a fair field of play.

okthen you get a field that has a lake trees open areas and the like then Master Chief gets:no armor(that means no cortana), a magnum, and a combat knife the Republic Commandos get: no armor(that means no comlink or sensors), DC-15 sidearm(pistol), and a vibro blade and lets see who wins i say rcs anyone else

That’s not how levelling the playing field works. And simply declaring your side the victor is *not* being subjective. Because none of you seem to be able to play fair, we’ll do it like this:

Right. We have two sides, with four on each side (noting that the thread is titled Spartans vs RCs, not Master Chief versus RCs). For the purposes of this discussion, the clones are not a ‘named’ squad (so no Delta Squad) and none of the Spartans are special either (So no Johnson or Master Chief).

So, four Clone Commandos on one team, and four Spartan soldiers on another.

Equipment: No special equipment from either respective universe. For the purposes of this fair, balanced comparison, they will ALL receive a combat knife, an M-16 assault rifle, and a Colt 1911. They will also carry walkie-talkies. No armour, so no sensors, or any special gadgets that anyone could exploit.

Terrain: a flat, featureless plain – no terrain whatsoever for either side to take advantage of.

Each team will begin roughly 200 meters away.

Round 1

Each team sees people in the distance. The respective leaders of each team decide to send one person as a point man, to recce the other team, while they advance slowly. Point men advance quickly, closing to a closer visual range. No combat in this round.

Round 2

The teams are now closing with each other. The two point men can see each other clearly now. To their eyes, they see hostiles approaching. The Spartan radios to his squad that hostiles are approaching, before drawing a bead on his enemy.

The Clone, however, fires without hesitation, and two rounds are placed squarely in the Spartan’s chest as he tried to aim.

Tally: RCs – 4 Spartans – 3.

Round 3

Now, things are a little uneven. The Spartans, rankled at the loss of one of their own, now lay down fire on the Clone point man. The two teams are now approximately 75 meters apart now, well within range for a shooting match.

A single clone hangs back, to provide covering fire for his comrades as they try to check on their brother. He manages to cripple one Spartan with a couple of shots to the knees and hands. He’s now out of action.

Tally: RCs – 3 Spartans – 2.

Round 4

The Clones are now close enough to the Spartans that they have clear shots at them. One clone falls under concentrated fire from the two remaining Spartans. The other takes a wound in the leg, but is still capable of fighting.

The Clone hanging back now runs closer to the fight, firing as he goes. All shots go wide, and it’s the same with the wounded clone as he tries to stay upright.

Tally: RCs – 2 Spartans – 2

Round 5

The Spartans begin to move closer, to observe their wounded enemy. One is taken down by the advancing clone, but not before he manages to fatally wound the advancing clone.

The remaining, wounded, clone, and the solitary Spartan each draw knives and prepare to enter a melee…

Tally: RCs – 1 Spartans – 1

Round 6

Knife fight! The two remaining combatants circle each other, before closing in for a bloody, furious close quarters brawl. Knife slashes here, gut punches there.

They each manage to score hits on their opponents, with both wounded quite seriously. Whoever wins now doesn’t have much to celebrate about, as they soon succumb to their equally fatal wounds…

Tally: RCs – 0 Spartans – 0

RESULT: Draw

Argue away all you like, I’ve wasted more than enough time putting this together, but if you're still not satisfied, I don't know what will.

Archived