Home

Don't kill Juhani mod

Weiser_Cain

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying 'please' or 'I'd like it if someone could try' might get you started... :rolleyes:

Anyways, If I'm correct it's a script that turns the two hostile, and is started by the dialogue. Maybe the script can be removed/altered to keep them as potential party members. However, my knowledge of Kotor and it's scripts is very limited, so I'm not capable of doing so.

Once again the well rested and coherent flaunt their status. One day the proletariat shall all awake at around the same time and that day will be known as 'the day of much bad breath'... oh and 'the reckoning'.

Edit: Um, OK? This post is on topic. If this post was an attempt at humor... you have failed. I suggest you re-read our Forum Rules as well as the Unique Rules for this Request forum.

3. When you make your request use a descriptive thread title and explain clearly what you want to be done and take the time to think about what it is you would like to see, after all you’re the one making the request but if someone chooses to make it they will need as much information about it as possible. Also consider that it takes time and effort to make a mod and the request should involve thought and effort on your part as well.

Sorry but your request is not descriptive nor is it very clear or involve much thought or effort.

So instead of making these kinds of posts how about you go back and fix your first post? If not I will simply close this now spammy thread. -RH

Once again the well rested and coherent flaunt their status. One day the proletariat shall all awake at around the same time and that day will be known as 'the day of much bad breath'... oh and 'the reckoning'.

What the hell is that all about? :lol:

BTW the influence system is only in K2 (TSL)

Instead of Influence, it should be possible to set a trigger to say, completing Juhani's sidequest (with additional conditions like whether she took the light or dark side resolution - maybe giving her the appropriate LS/DS points upon killing Xor), to allow her to continue staying in your party atop the Rakatan temple.

Oh and btw I count myself among the proletariat. :p

/lurks

/sees the thread

/stops

I'm currently working on a mod that lets you "turn" Mission and Juhani DS, provided you end their sidequest the evil way (Mission gets mad at her brother and Juhani kills Xor). Of course I'll make it so that once you'll have done that, you won't have to kill them on the Unknown World. And Zaalbar won't get mad at you on the Star Forge.

The mod has VO (lines picked up from other convos) and adds new pictures at the party selection screen for DS NPC. I've finished working on Mission so far, Juhani will be done by this evening I hope (French time).

I'm currently working on a mod that lets you "turn" Mission and Juhani DS, provided you end their sidequest the evil way (Mission gets mad at her brother and Juhani kills Xor). Of course I'll make it so that once you'll have done that, you won't have to kill them on the Unknown World. And Zaalbar won't get mad at you on the Star Forge.

The mod has VO (lines picked up from other convos) and adds new pictures at the party selection screen for DS NPC. I've finished working on Mission so far, Juhani will be done by this evening I hope (French time).

Amazing... I considered doing the exact same thing you mention (except I was planning to leave out Mission first for the purposes of fulfilling the original request).

To my mind Mission and Juhani are the perfect choices for such a mod: both are (relatively) young and hold the main character in high esteem, making it more believable that they would be influenced by you to go DS.

In addition to what you planned for your mod, I wanted to make it such that they would also get DS points if you completed sidequests in a DS manner when you have them in your party i.e. your are effectively influencing them by your (bad) example. This would enable them to have a gradual shift towards the Dark Side, and make it possible for them to have several facial transitions as well.

It's good you decided to take this on, because I'm not sure if I would have finished such a mod! :p I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

@lactose_:

Well, I want to give them DS points, but I did not thought of a gradual shift (with Mission for example, I just edited k_hmis_misangryx so that it also makes her DS).

My main goal is not to make an Influence system like the one in K1, though that would be great, I was just annoyed by Mission sticking to the Light Side and refusing to follow a reborn Darth Revan, given how harsh she was with her bro (she clearly could not stay LS with such thoughts).

Same thing with Juhani, who should be easily influenceable, tasted the Dark Side while hurting her Master, and even more recently while killing Xor, and just acts like she's never been tempted.

I did not thought of facial transitions either. Official reason: Bastila just shows up with a new picture on the Party Selection Screen, no new head or portrait, so I'll stick with the Party Screen. True reason: GIMP will kill me if I try to use it to reskin something again '^^

I'm having a little scripting trouble with Juhani, but I know a workaround if I can't fix it. If the mod is not there by the end of the day, it will by the end of the week.

<edit />

@Danyael:

It should be okay with Griff, but if you've already killed Xor, it won't work for Juhani.

Gavroche:

Understood; your points make good sense. And I agree that a mod with a pseudo-influence system with gradual DS shifts would be great, but definitely quite ambitious. But I suppose such an expansion to the mod can be added in later if one is up to it.

Have you edited the dialogue on top of the Temple yet? I was messing around with it but there seems to be some issues: just putting in an *unmodified* version of it in my override folder causes some problems in the conversation, and some nodes not to fire. Any idea why?

Yes, I tried to edit the dialogue with Bastila. The problem is, I can't figure out why there are two .dlg's (unk44_evilbast.dlg and unk44_evilbast2) since they have *almost* the same content. I've been trying LSF, LS and DSF with the dlg's (edited, but as I forgot some nodes nothing happened at all) and I saw no trouble in the discussion :s

Archived