Home

Don't kill Juhani mod

Weiser_Cain

Its a bit down the list, called Dark Side Forever.

http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/mods.htm

This is the link to his screenie page where you can see the DS Juhani.

http://kotormods.t-k.ru/screenshots/screenshots.html

Is there a chance of adding the animation for the DS power Horror to Jolee when he realizes that Revan as well as Bastila and Juhani has turned to the darkside.

He would have 'some' reaction after all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a bit down the list, called Dark Side Forever.

http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/mods.htm

This is the link to his screenie page where you can see the DS Juhani.

http://kotormods.t-k.ru/screenshots/screenshots.html

Is there a chance of adding the animation for the DS power Horror to Jolee when he realizes that Revan as well as Bastila and Juhani has turned to the darkside.

He would have 'some' reaction after all.

i wish there was a english tr45anslation for that darkness forvere mod im curious abiout it but dont understand russian!!

Oddly enough, I signed up to request something similar only to find this thread, though my idea was more along the lines of "If you're female and have the Juhani romance it's possible to turn her to your side".

At any rate I wish you lovely scripters good luck. I join the list of people awaiting with baited breath :)

"If you're female and have the Juhani romance it's possible to turn her to your side".
That's a good idea... I'm aiming to have it implemented in some way so it will help in swaying her atop the Temple, although the main conditions I'm aiming for will still be whether she's DS by that point and if she killed Xor, so male characters will not miss out.

I have a clear idea of how to work out the recruitment part, and I'm happy to report that getting Juhani to stay with you and leave the temple together with Bastila is entirely doable (as I'm sure most of you would have surmised from Gavroche's posts). The main issues is what exactly I should do to achieve the results I need...

As you know we were planning to edit Bastila's dialogue in order to unlock the shields, but I'm uncomfortable with that cos I know there are a few other mods that change her .dlg files too. In order to avoid any potential compatibility problems - even if TSL patcher is used - I think I'll try to get the business done using k_hjuh_dialog instead...

Editing the dialogue outside the Ebon Hawk (where Carth will usually mention that Jolee and Juhani are missing) is probably inescapable, although I believe the Romance Carth mod uses that particular file. I'll have to tread carefully there.

Another issue that Gavroche may be interested in is that I figured how to avoid the problem of leaving Jolee alive before leaving the Temple: essentially a simple conditional script to check if Jolee is dead before triggering the dialogue can be inserted. Using this can possibly eliminate the need for a second Global boolean too.

As for slowly leading Juhani astray... I've been deliberating on what exactly I should do. As you all know there is quite a lot of cut content from Juhani's original dialogue, and I've been considering whether to restore these parts. The thing is that other people are doing just that, and I don't want to have a situation where any restorations I do may conflict with theirs. I'm leaning towards purely adding in the "luring Juhani to the DS stuff" without touching the cut content. Hopefully when all the changes are applied via TSL patcher people will be able to have both sets of changes without any major problems.

That's about it so far. I'll post again when more developments have been made.

Formatting Hard Disk: Done

Installing WinXP back: Done

Installing vital tools such as VLC or Gimp: Done

Installing WiFi Network: Failed :(

Installing KotOR: Done

Installing tSL: Failed

Installing tSL: Done ("cyclic redundancy issue"? What's that? Whatever)

Got mods&tools&patches&saves from my External Hard Drisk: Done (now I really understand what "backup" means :])

USB-plug'd some new interesting mods such as the Real Vibroblade and Camera Angle Choice: Done

Finishing the "don't kill Juhani" mod: WIP :)

About editing Bastila's dialogue, I did think of using the TSLPatcher. It has a "Compare GFF Files" utility which works the same way as the "Compare 2da Files" one, allowing you to edit .dlg's present in the user's Override without overwriting the file.

Anyway, here in France it's February holidays, so I'll have plenty of time to finish the mod.

Gavroche:

Ok, I'll use Bastila's dialogue too then.

One issue - how did you change the dialogue with Carth outside the Hawk? The name of that dialogue is also used in the scene right after touching down on the Unknown World, so you're gonna encounter problems if the file is edited.

Archived