Home

Highlander Game is coming, grab your sword!

Ztalker

"There can be only one, Highlander!"

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29668.html

Personally love the franchise. The whole idea of dealing with immortality and the possibilities...unbelievable. Especially now that the tv series 'Heroes' had their own immortal, I'm looking forward to this!

Although I still believe an MMO would be a better fit. Guild Wars tought me era's can be...combined. An prequel realm to get the controls (Scotland?) then, after a quest, warp to the present for more quest 'n fun? :D

Anyways, discuss! :D

The potential for a great game exists here.

Unfortunately, we get nothing substantial as far as gameplay, visuals or even a look at the characters or setting from this pitiful trailer.

I'm very intrigued. I've often imagined a Highlander game.

I hope that showing us basically nothing in the trailer is only a byproduct of bad marketing.

"There can be only one, Highlander!"[/Quote]There is and his name is Conner MacLeod of the clan Macleod and he won the prize.

Personally love the franchise.[/Quote]I loved the original move and the series until they made the dramatic changes. I’m sure it was still good, but I lost interest.

Although I still believe an MMO would be a better fit.
Agreed

I’m interested in the game just because of the title “Highlander.” Like Cygnus Q’ol said the trailer shows us nothing of substance beyond the title itself. The potential is there for a great game, we will just have to wait and see what comes.

Thanks for the information. I had not heard anything about the game.

An MMO would mean hordes of immature brats, endless hours of grinding and being unable to see half the content because it's for groups. I have much more fun with KOTOR and TSL, especially since I've come across this site and all the mods, than I've ever had with say, World of Warcraft.

Originally Posted by Darth Manus:

An MMO would mean hordes of immature brats, endless hours of grinding and being unable to see half the content because it's for groups. I have much more fun with KOTOR and TSL, especially since I've come across this site and all the mods, than I've ever had with say, World of Warcraft.

That seems a bit...prejudiced (No way I spelled that right...should have paid more attention at English class :xp: ). I've Beta tested World of Warcraft, play Guild Wars and played Maple story. Although there is content for groups, most of the stuff can be done alone (or in Guild Wars' case, with NPC's or Heroes). Although you are absolutely right about WoW. It 'forces' you to play with groups, because it's the only way to get high-end gear. :(

Anyways, a Highlander MMO wouldn't have to rely on those. Remember, the Highlander universe has two set factors: There are individual immortals among us, and they are...'forces' to fight eachother in one place sometime.

This can be a city. It would explain all the immortals running around (since they feel they need to be there) and PvP (or duels) can be introduced there.

Also, a city makes a fine base for quests. Enough single player opporunities, i guess :)

But alas, it's no MMO that's coming...

• 4 weeks later...
I loved the original move and the series until they made the dramatic changes. I’m sure it was still good, but I lost interest.

Which changes, specifically? Liked the first movie, but went downhill from there (though second was funny, even if unintentionally so). The series was pretty decent, but what I saw of the last series based movie didn't look very good.

the continuity got pretty screwed during "endgame" how can Conner be around for 2025 if duncan ends him twenty years earlier. how could conner have won the prize if methos was still alive? hes five thousand years old!!

i really like search for vengeance colin macloud the 2000 year old highlander

my question is how the hell many immortals come from scotland? at least five not counting anyone that popped up in the series

the continuity got pretty screwed during "endgame" how can Conner be around for 2025 if duncan ends him twenty years earlier. how could conner have won the prize if methos was still alive? hes five thousand years old!!

i really like search for vengeance colin macloud the 2000 year old highlander

my question is how the hell many immortals come from scotland? at least five not counting anyone that popped up in the series

Maybe the immortals originally came from Scotland. I actually like the fact that most of them are Scottish. Since it really gives the series a different mood.

Which changes, specifically? Liked the first movie, but went downhill from there (though second was funny, even if unintentionally so). The series was pretty decent, but what I saw of the last series based movie didn't look very good.

When they went added the "Watchers" and change location and cast.

Well, the Watcher's subplot was not so bad and actually made a certain amount of sense. Afterall, someone was going to notice these things. I think the biggest problem became where they all came from. There were constantly "new ones" (like Richy, for instance) surfacing. How can you get to the point of only one when another can seemingly be born tomorrow? I think he (Duncan) started going a little zen (or perhaps more so) by season 6, which I think I probably missed most of (only catching the series in syndication). All in all, even with the changes, it was still better than most network shows.

Archived