Home

Eve of Redemption (SP)

Mercenary

Strange, I'd swear I fought three Jedi at that point (it's after riding the elevator, right?).

Yeah there should be 3 jedi in the pod parking lot. There's a target counter that will trigger the next event when all 3 jedi have been killed. If you don't see the 3rd jedi anywhere restart the level.

Yeah that's what I thought too. I did notice 3 beings standing by or near the airspeeder that took off and flew away in the cutscene before you fight them. Strange.

I guess perhaps maybe it's because I used god & noclip cheat codes to get over to that elevator. I've noticed in certain custom add on levels / maps / mods that things do tend to go awry with certain cheat codes turned on. I will replay that portion of the level without using anything special and see what happens and report back.

Thanks nizwiz & Mercenary.

:confused:

Only 2 Jedi still appear after the cutscene. The Kel Dor Jedi with the 2 lightsabers does not appear after the cutscene.

Would it have to do with the skill level I'm playing the mod on? I selected Padawan / Sithspit.

Gotta admit that that jump over to that elevator is pretty difficult - even with rank 3. Got a youtube video demo for that jump?

Perhaps you should've added a wall nook ledge to jump above and hug 'n walk along the edge to get over there for the less challenged and impatient Dark Jedi Sith. Heh.

I'm playing the mod with all video details set on high / very high.

Below is my computer info:

Windows XP Professional with SP3

PC Chips M848A 5.0 Motherboard

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.167 Ghz

2 GB Patriot PC2700 DDR RAM

ATI Radeon x850 XT Platinum AGP / Catalyst 9.1 drivers

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy (original)

All latest drivers & patches etc.

Thanks for your detailed info, I was able to locate the problem. There's a bug in Jedi Academy I wasn't aware of. If you play on the easy setting NPCs with the "shy" spawnflag won't spawn. There's no reason why they shouldn't. You'll have to play the mod on medium or harder settings for all the NPCs to spawn properly.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to work on a version 1.1 mostly to address the issue of certain NPCs not spawning on the easiest difficulty setting. That alone is a significant issue since it prevents the player from completing the mod.

I will take the opportunity to improve and fix a few other things as well. If you know of any other problems let me know so I can have them fixed for the next release.

• 1 month later...

Update:

I have all the fixes done but I'm still working on many improvements. I'll have some updated screens soon.

I've modified the parameters of the difficult jump in question and made it so that everyone would be capable of making it no matter what your skill level or jumping approach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Testing will start this week. I don't expect it to take too long so the project could be released in a couple of weeks or so. Here's what you can expect:

newscreen1o.th.jpg

newscreen2.th.jpg

VERSION 1.1 FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

- fixed an issue with certain NPCs not spawning on the easy skill level setting, preventing the mod from being completed

- fixed a few minor cutscene skip issues

- improved opening videos and cutscene

- improved map textures and skyboxes

- new voice-overs for main character

- many small tweaks and refinements

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've submitted the final version to jk3files today. I don't know how long it'll take to be posted but keep your eyes open.

For those who have played the original version I think this new one is worth a replay because it's more refined and it's a much better experience overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no idea what im over looking in the beginning of this level. After you make your way through the first sewer pipe into the second large room and pull the two levers i seem to just be stuck. ive looked for some hint as to where i need to go but still no luck. Im really liking what this level has to offer and want to see the rest of it! please help.

I have no idea what im over looking in the beginning of this level. After you make your way through the first sewer pipe into the second large room and pull the two levers i seem to just be stuck. ive looked for some hint as to where i need to go but still no luck. Im really liking what this level has to offer and want to see the rest of it! please help.

;)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Go underwater and look around. You'll see what the levers activated.

Great job again Mercenary! Really enjoyed this map the second time around.

Did you make the hard jump in the second level easier? I did it on my first try this time.

Are you going to continue this series or is this the end? Either way is fine since it was such a good mod.

Great job again Mercenary! Really enjoyed this map the second time around.

Did you make the hard jump in the second level easier? I did it on my first try this time.

Are you going to continue this series or is this the end? Either way is fine since it was such a good mod.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The NPC bug in the original was a good thing after all because it was worth going back and improving the mod and enhancing the whole experience.

Yeah I made the jump easier. I figured since people have their own way of jumping that has been reinforced with countless hours of gameplay it would be difficult for many to change.

The only way to continue the story would be to make a prequel perhaps showing what happened on Bespin. I don't kill off important SW characters so with that in mind you can figure out the end.

Now to clarify the title of the mod, which some people found confusing, it describes the day before the main character seeks to redeem himself for his failure to defeat Kyle Katarn which led to the eventual death of Desann and his plan to rule the galaxy. I wanted to simply call it "Redemption" but that was already in use in the EU.

Having said all that, I won't say never but I'm most likely done modding for JK2 or JA.

Archived